Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Scott wrote:
WTF happened to (We The People) ? We need Culp in office

When they say, "We The People", they are referring to themselves. :gibbs:

Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Silly serf. Votes don't count for nothing.

Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Mike Douglas

Penis

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:50 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Traut wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Mike Douglas

Penis

plz no

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:29 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm really fucking pissed about this . . . but I just renewed my delinquent tabs. What the hell, I didn't really need that $463 anyhow. :angryfire:

Tim Eyman is encouraging people to continue refusing to renew. But personally, I don't see much of a path forward here, and I feel like it's time to write it off as a loss.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SporkBoy wrote:
Silly serf. Votes don't count for nothing.

This right here is the reason a lot of people do not vote, it makes no difference.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:56 am

The best way to do this is just register out of state and get out of state plates, if the revenue doesnt come in and people all wonder why there's more out of state cars than in state cars they might just figure it out that we are tired of their BS. It's a good passive way to openly revolt against our overlords.

Last edited by Ace on Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You can create a legal entity, such as a trust, and place your vehicles in that trust, in any state (providing you follow the laws of that state). As long as your sole intent isn't to evade taxes, you're good. 'Why is your car not registered in WA?' - Because it's not mine, it belongs to the estate, which is based in X. 'You're just trying to avoid paying taxes'... Umm no, estate planning is a valid function of the Trust.

Just make sure your trust is listed on your insurance as a financial interest, so the money, in the event of the vehicle gets totalled, can be used to buy another vehicle for the trust.

Contact an attorney for details.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My trust attorney instructed me to not put vehicles in the trust. Vehicles are liabilities.

YMMV.

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gman wrote:
My trust attorney instructed me to not put vehicles in the trust. Vehicles are liabilities.

YMMV.

That's why you have to talk to an attorney, because not everyone has the same situation.

Generally, you're correct. You don't want a car in a trust with everything else.

The issue with a vehicle in a trust, is if you get into an accident, or found negligent, they can attack the assets of the trust.

There's no law saying you can't have multiple trusts, and no law saying you can't only have one thing in that trust. So, if the vehicle is in a trust by itself, then they can't attack other assets.

Kinda like owning 2 companies. If my roofing company burns down a house, they can't sue my Landscaping company. It's a completely different legal entity.

Even more fun, is, at least in WA, you can name your trust whatever you want, and that's what goes on your registration/title.

So, as an example, let's say you restore a military vehicle that you plan to pass to your brother when you die.... You wanna track your expenditures, so you transfer any items you purchase to the trust. You get it all pretty, complete with unit markings for the unit he was in, something he can cherish. The trust is the name of the unit that he was in, and the vehicle is also transferred to that trust. So, everything associated with that vehicle is drawn out on paper as far as cost and whatnot, and you get an added benefit of your registration showing as, say 501st Military Intelligence Brigade, when anyone runs your plate.. :ROFLMAO:

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Such a dumb ending , to what we voted in

Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ferguson is a cockroach.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Gman wrote:

YMMV.

That's why you have to talk to an attorney, because not everyone has the same situation.

Generally, you're correct. You don't want a car in a trust with everything else.

The issue with a vehicle in a trust, is if you get into an accident, or found negligent, they can attack the assets of the trust.

There's no law saying you can't have multiple trusts, and no law saying you can't only have one thing in that trust. So, if the vehicle is in a trust by itself, then they can't attack other assets.

Kinda like owning 2 companies. If my roofing company burns down a house, they can't sue my Landscaping company. It's a completely different legal entity.

Even more fun, is, at least in WA, you can name your trust whatever you want, and that's what goes on your registration/title.

So, as an example, let's say you restore a military vehicle that you plan to pass to your brother when you die.... You wanna track your expenditures, so you transfer any items you purchase to the trust. You get it all pretty, complete with unit markings for the unit he was in, something he can cherish. The trust is the name of the unit that he was in, and the vehicle is also transferred to that trust. So, everything associated with that vehicle is drawn out on paper as far as cost and whatnot, and you get an added benefit of your registration showing as, say 501st Military Intelligence Brigade, when anyone runs your plate.. :ROFLMAO:

:rofl9: :thumbsup2: I'll keep this in mind when I hit a jackpot.

Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next