Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:39 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 358, 359, 360, 361, 362, 363, 364 ... 688  Next
 Chinese Wuhan coronavirus aka COVID-19 - now in WA 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
Arisaka wrote:
Good news on a related matter. Source: Popular Science

An HIV vaccine could arrive sooner than we thought—using Moderna’s mRNA tech

More than 60 years after the first known case of human HIV infection, and 40 years after the beginning of the deadly HIV/AIDS epidemic in the United States, a vaccine could be on the horizon.

In a Phase I Clinical trial that began in 2018, scientists at the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI) and Scripps Research gave 48 participants two doses of either the vaccine candidate or a placebo, spaced two months apart. Results show that, in 97 percent of recipients, the vaccine stimulated the immune system to produce immunoglobulin G (IgG) B cells—a first step to making rare but powerful antibodies required to protect against various strains of HIV.
Now, IAVI and Scripps Research have announced they will continue building on the success of that first study by partnering with Moderna—the producers of the mRNA-1273 COVID-19 vaccine—to apply their mRNA-based technology to speed up the HIV vaccine’s development

Don't start trolling the docks for sailors again quite yet, Ray. Give them some time to perfect it.

Good pointer Jim! Thanks for the valued advice!

Lol.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
https://youtu.be/sIuT0qLZ6A4

Whoever made that decision should be put up against a wall and shot. Along with everyone who goes along with that, and intentionally leaves behind anyone who wasn't vaccinated.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
https://youtu.be/sIuT0qLZ6A4

Whoever made that decision should be put up against a wall and shot. Along with everyone who goes along with that, and intentionally leaves behind anyone who wasn't vaccinated.

it'll get to the point where the ones put up against the wall and shot...are those who aren't vaccinated...

-- Travis A Kisner

Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
Arisaka wrote:

More than 60 years after the first known case of human HIV infection, and 40 years after the beginning of the deadly HIV/AIDS epidemic in the United States, a vaccine could be on the horizon.

In a Phase I Clinical trial that began in 2018, scientists at the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI) and Scripps Research gave 48 participants two doses of either the vaccine candidate or a placebo, spaced two months apart. Results show that, in 97 percent of recipients, the vaccine stimulated the immune system to produce immunoglobulin G (IgG) B cells—a first step to making rare but powerful antibodies required to protect against various strains of HIV.
Now, IAVI and Scripps Research have announced they will continue building on the success of that first study by partnering with Moderna—the producers of the mRNA-1273 COVID-19 vaccine—to apply their mRNA-based technology to speed up the HIV vaccine’s development

Don't start trolling the docks for sailors again quite yet, Ray. Give them some time to perfect it.

Wait a minute...

I was just out sailing today, and Arisaka's been responding a lot to my posts, and sending me PMs

Should I be worried?

Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

foothills wrote:
it'll get to the point where the ones put up against the wall and shot...are those who aren't vaccinated...

I agree. I'm very concerned that we are mass inoculating the US population with an untested agent. No long term studies, no large scale animal testing (unless we're the animals). What if something goes wrong? What if we have 1-2-5-10-larger% of the US population that if visibly affected? What if a portion is contagious? What if a portion is medically or physically affected in a number of months, years? IMO we could be finished as a country. We might have lost a portion of our most productive, contributing members of society that supports our tax base and national defense.

And who do we have replacing us? One million illegals coming over the border per month.

I hope MS-13 gets inoculated first. Try it out on them. But I don't think this is happening.

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Arisaka wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
Arisaka wrote:

Wait a minute...

I was just out sailing today, and Arisaka's been responding a lot to my posts, and sending me PMs

Should I be worried?

I would think you should be excited. :wink05:

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:

That vaccine almost killed me.

I was young, healthy and in very good shape. I still almost died.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
RocketScott wrote:
Arisaka wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
Arisaka wrote:

Wait a minute...

Should I be worried?

I would think you should be excited. :wink05:

Damn right!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Interesting article from June of last year.

https://prospect.org/coronavirus/did-th ... -covid-19/

Did the Military World Games Spread COVID-19?
The October 2019 event, held in Wuhan, China, appears to have been a vector for spreading disease in the U.S. and around the world.

Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pretty good synthesis of data in this article.

18 Reasons I Won't Be Getting a Covid Vaccine
https://www.deconstructingconventional. ... id-vaccine

Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mmalleck wrote:

There is only ONE reason I won't get one.
IT'S NOT PROVEN!

OK, maybe more than one reason: Gates wants it done and the .gov wants it done. Wait... Gates owns them. <nevermind>

Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We went on an eight day road trip last week. My wife just got a text from her boss. HR wants to know if she left the state so they can decide what kind of mask she’ll have to wear when she gets back.

What would you guys/gals do? Respond? Ignore? Tell them it none of their business?

I have a hard time seeing the logic. The possibility of exposure is the same in a restaurant here as in another state.

Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wacarry wrote:
We went on an eight day road trip last week. My wife just got a text from her boss. HR wants to know if she left the state so they can decide what kind of mask she’ll have to wear when she gets back.

What would you guys/gals do? Respond? Ignore? Tell them it none of their business?

I have a hard time seeing the logic. The possibility of exposure is the same in a restaurant here as in another state.

Completely ignore. It's none of their business.

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mmalleck wrote:

Wife sent me that link the other day. I haven't done a deep dive into it, but I skimmed it and it made a lot of good points.

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 358, 359, 360, 361, 362, 363, 364 ... 688  Next