Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:43 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 594, 595, 596, 597, 598, 599, 600 ... 688  Next
 Chinese Wuhan coronavirus aka COVID-19 - now in WA 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Pablo wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:
The common cold is a Covid variant. If you do a rapid test and have the common cold you will be positive.

The data is corrupt. Don't believe the numbers on positives.

That is not true.

There are all types of corona viruses but the common cold virus is not a variant of C19.

Not sure which tests would do that. Which rapid one ?

The data is complete shit for a lot of reasons.

I stand corrected. The flu can test as positive COVID 19, not the common cold.

That is the multiplexed method. What you are saying isn't quite true.

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/pcr-t ... nd-the-flu

Divided we fall.

Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To enable the application of shots that are neither safe nor effective, a test to verify illness was needed to be available to justify the hysteria. Despite the inventor of the PCR test, recently departed, who said the PCR test was not a good way to verify these illnesses (it identifies FRAGMENTS), the powers that be persisted. The number of cycles IS critically important and is well know than over 25-30 cycles will provide a result with too many false positives which is counter productive.

In addition, either need a test to differentiate between different strains to verify "delta", "ominicron" or "whatever".

Or just deal with the minor flu as we did in previous years.

We have a self licking ice cream cone which will never end.

The medical GWOT that will KILL and BANKRUPT us ALL.

If certain pharmaceuticals, governmental agencies are not needed to get the jab, our leaders are repeatedly caught flagrantly disregarding the CDC recommendations lends me to believe this is a convenient CONTROL mechanism.

Why aren't illegal invaders and refugees getting shots? LIABILITY

By the way, how is our border?

Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

State-by-state breakdown of federal aid per COVID-19 case
Ayla Ellison (Twitter) - Tuesday, April 14th, 2020 Print | Email

HHS recently began distributing the first $30 billion of emergency funding designated for hospitals in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act. Some of the states hit hardest by the COVID-19 pandemic will receive less funding than states touched relatively lightly, according to an analysis by Kaiser Health News.

The first round of grants will be distributed based on historical share Medicare revenue, not based on COVID-19 burden. Therefore, hard-hit states like New York will receive far less per COVID-19 case than most other states.

HHS said it doled out the first slice of funding based on Medicare revenue to get support to hospitals as quickly as possible. The agency said the next round of grants "will focus on providers in areas particularly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak," rural hospitals and other healthcare providers that receive much of their revenues from Medicaid.

Below is a breakdown of how much funding per COVID-19 case each state will receive from the first $30 billion in aid. Kaiser Health News used a state breakdown provided to the House Ways and Means Committee by HHS along with COVID-19 cases tabulated by The New York Times for its analysis.

Alabama
$158,000 per COVID-19 case

Alaska
$306,000

Arizona
$23,000

Arkansas
$285,000

California
$145,000

Colorado
$58,000

Connecticut
$38,000

Delaware
$127,000

District of Columbia
$56,000

Florida
$132,000

Georgia
$73,000

Hawaii
$301,000

Idaho
$100,000

Illinois
$73,000

Indiana
$105,000

Iowa
$235,000

Kansas
$291,000

Kentucky
$297,000

Louisiana
$26,000

Maine
$260,000

Maryland
$120,000

Massachusetts
$44,000

Michigan
$44,000

Minnesota
$380,000

Mississippi
$166,000

Missouri
$175,000

Montana
$315,000

Nebraska
$379,000

Nevada
$98,000

New Hampshire
$201,000

New Jersey
$18,000

New Mexico
$171,000

New York
$12,000

North Carolina
$252,000

North Dakota
$339,000

Ohio
$180,000

Oklahoma
$291,000

Oregon
$220,000

Pennsylvania
$68,000

Rhode Island
$52,000

South Carolina
$186,000

South Dakota
$241,000

Tennessee
$166,000

Texas
$184,000

Utah
$94,000

Vermont
$87,000

Virginia
$201,000

Washington
$58,000

West Virginia
$471,000

Wisconsin
$163,000

Wyoming
$278,000

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/f ... 1670627494

Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Said it before...wearing a mask against the Rona is like trying to keep mosquitos away with a chain link fence.

It turns out that is incorrect. Testing per ASTM F2101-14, by Pathogens, in a peer-reviewed paper (https://www.mdpi.com/2076-0817/9/9/762/htm) showed that crappy cloth masks have a VFE (viral filtration efficiency) of around 50%, and N95 masks have a VFE of 99+%. Of course, it also depends on how well the mask fits the face. Regardless, stating that masks don’t work is not supported by experimental test results.

Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Pablo wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:
The common cold is a Covid variant. If you do a rapid test and have the common cold you will be positive.

The data is corrupt. Don't believe the numbers on positives.

That is not true.

There are all types of corona viruses but the common cold virus is not a variant of C19.

Not sure which tests would do that. Which rapid one ?

The data is complete shit for a lot of reasons.

I stand corrected. The flu can test as positive COVID 19, not the common cold.

You are on a roll Brian.

From the august 2021 cdc bulletin.

https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021 ... rus_1.html

TLDR

Does the CDC 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel confuse influenza with SARS-CoV-2?

No. The CDC 2019-nCoV Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel does not confuse influenza with SARS-CoV-2. It is a highly accurate test that detects the presence or absence of SARS-CoV-2 viral genetic material within a patient specimen.

Does the retirement of the CDC 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-Time PCR Diagnostic Panel mean that the previous results from this test are invalid?

No. Results from this test are reliable, valid, and specific to SARS-CoV-2

Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:
Said it before...wearing a mask against the Rona is like trying to keep mosquitos away with a chain link fence.

It turns out that is incorrect. Testing per ASTM F2101-14, by Pathogens, in a peer-reviewed paper (https://www.mdpi.com/2076-0817/9/9/762/htm) showed that crappy cloth masks have a VFE (viral filtration efficiency) of around 50%, and N95 masks have a VFE of 99+%. Of course, it also depends on how well the mask fits the face. Regardless, stating that masks don’t work is not supported by experimental test results.

https://stevekirsch.substack.com/p/ever ... know-about

Who do we believe?

Even if cloth masks filter pathogens, do they retain them after use? If so, how do you decontaminate? Does breathing in contaminants retained in the mask present harm to the wearer? What about mold and other contaminants from past use?

For some in the medical community, they would want for us to wear masks FOREVER.

When do we get to take them OFF?

Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:
Arisaka wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:

Who do we believe?

Even if cloth masks filter pathogens, do they retain them after use? If so, how do you decontaminate? Does breathing in contaminants retained in the mask present harm to the wearer? What about mold and other contaminants from past use?

For some in the medical community, they would want for us to wear masks FOREVER.

When do we get to take them OFF?

Personally, I would tend to believe a test done to ASTM standards, performed by a well-known medical journal, and peer-reviewed, over Steve Kirsch.

Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Should we wear masks forever?

How long do we wear masks?

When does this emergency end?

Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:

Those questions are not relevant to the original claim that masks don’t work. But the best answer I have to your questions is to do whatever you think best. I’m not trying to convince you to wear masks or get vaccinated. I’m just presenting verifiable facts to counter incorrect statements.

Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's ok, just wondering.

Steve Kirsch didn't do the studies, but he references an expert and a study on masks, did you take a look?

You can see the effectiveness against COVID here in this graph below which is from the highly acclaimed Bangladesh randomized trial done by Stanford and Yale. This is for purple cloth masks. As you can see, there is no difference. None. Nada. See Masks don’t work for more info on the two mask randomized trials.

That's what makes things so hard, are the conflicting studies.

All I know is that we need to get life back to where it was and the easiest way is to ditch the masks.

And I would agree the SOME masks work, but probably not the ones commonly used.

Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mask-wearing represents fear and blind obedience, not science.
https://nsjonline.com/article/2021/04/p ... t-science/

"When I see people walking outside, often alone with no one anywhere near them, wearing a mask, my primary reactions are disappointment and sadness.

I am disappointed because I expected better from my fellow Americans. I never thought most Americans would be governed by irrational fears and unquestioning obedience to authority. I have come to realize that I had a somewhat romanticized view of my countrymen.

Had you told me a year ago that nearly every American in nearly every metropolitan area would cover their faces for over a year because one man, one political party and the media told them to, I would have responded that you underestimate the strength of the American character.

But here we are, over a year later, and where I live (the Los Angeles area), I am usually the only person on the street not wearing a mask. (For the record, I wear a mask in stores and when entering the building in which I work, out of courtesy to those who think a person not wearing a mask poses a lethal threat.)

On the rare occasions I pass people not wearing a mask, I thank and praise them. They are invariably enthused by my reaction.

You do not need medical or scientific expertise to understand the foolishness of outdoor mask-wearing. Common sense, that great unused guide to life, suffices.

If you wear a mask, you do so in the belief that you are protecting yourself (and others) from COVID-19. So, then, why do you care if I don’t wear a mask? Doesn’t your mask protect you? If it does, my not wearing a mask may irritate you because you resent my assertion of freedom, my obvious lack of respect for government and medical authorities, and my alleged selfishness, but there would be no rational medical — that is, “science-based” — reason for your objecting to my not wearing a mask.

And if masks protect us and others, why have people been refused the right to visit a loved one as he or she lay dying alone? Why couldn’t a person — wearing the same mask a doctor, nurse or any health care worker wears when entering your parent’s room — enter that room? There are two possible answers: One is it’s a tacit admission that masks are essentially useless. You were prevented from visiting your dying father because the hospital believes your loved one or others in the hospital might contract the virus from you, even though you were wearing a mask. Which means those running the hospital don’t believe masks actually work. The other is that the medical establishment and lay authorities have abandoned elementary human decency in the name of AOC, or “Abundance of Caution.” Forcing hundreds of thousands of people to die alone will go down as one of the cruelest policies ever adopted by American medical and political authorities.

The problem is most Americans who went to college learned to unquestioningly obey “experts.” This is why common sense, logic and reason mean little to the well-educated — and, increasingly, to everyone else, because everyone is taught by the well-educated. All we need to know is what the “experts” say. That plus a fanatical adherence to the rule of AOC have crushed logic and reason.

The irony, however, is that “the science” doesn’t justify the fanatical commitment to mask-wearing. There are plenty of experts with evidence-based views to the contrary. Here are but a few examples:

Dr. Anthony Fauci himself told the truth about the uselessness of mask-wearing on “60 Minutes” on March 8, 2020: “Right now, in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks. … There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better, and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences: People keep fiddling with the mask, and they keep touching their face.”

Dr. Ramin Oskoui, a cardiologist in Washington at a Senate hearing in December 2020, testified under oath: “Masks do not work.” (The New York Times, Dec. 8, 2020.)

The Wall Street Journal reported on Nov. 11, 2020: “The projected number of lives saved, and the implied case for a mask mandate, are based on a faulty statistic.”

Dr. Paul E. Alexander, a Canadian epidemiologist, wrote: “Surgical and cloth masks, used as they currently are, have absolutely no impact on controlling the transmission of Covid-19 virus, and current evidence implies that face masks can be actually harmful.” (American Institute for Economic Research, Feb. 11, 2021.)

Roger W. Koops, who has a doctorate in chemistry from the University of California, Riverside, wrote: “A ‘mask,’ and that term usually refers to either a SURGICAL mask or N95 mask, has no benefit in the general population and is only useful in controlled clinical settings. Further, it has been considered a greater transmission risk than a benefit in the general population. … In the open environment, no one should be wearing face coverings.” (American Institute for Economic Research, Oct. 16, 2020.)

Finally, a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine on May 21, 2020, concluded: “We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic.”

Contrary to mainstream media misinformation, the doctors who wrote that report did not later retract anything they wrote.

People say they “follow the science.” They rarely do. They follow the scientists the media tell them to follow."

Bonus:

Thousands of boxes filled with masks and PPE worth more than $10 million left in the rain.

This shows clearly all seriousness of WuFlu danger!

Last edited by surevaliance on Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think the bigger problem is whom is using them and in what setting.

N95 effectiveness depends on fitting and regularly discarding used masks.

Most people don't seem to wear masks correctly and/or replace them with any frequency.

This reveals one of the many problems with 'requirements' and 'mandates'. It's human nature to take the path of least resistance. Just because you're telling me what to do doesn't mean I'll do it in the way that you intended. People tend to follow the letter of the law (and no more), not the intent of the law. So masks used by the public are largely ineffective.

You can look at the outbreak numbers in states that established mask mandates to slow the spread. There was no realization of benefit to the spread after the mandates were put in place.

What masks do effectively is that they remove our individuality.

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
jackass wrote:

Those questions are not relevant to the original claim that masks don’t work. But the best answer I have to your questions is to do whatever you think best. I’m not trying to convince you to wear masks or get vaccinated. I’m just presenting verifiable facts to counter incorrect statements.

This is key. Thank you for your diligence. :bow:

Divided we fall.

Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Testing makes sense if the result changes the method of treatment. This doesn't seem to largely be the case with Covid-19.

Testing doesn't prevent a damn thing. Just because I don't have it today doesn't mean I won't get it between the next test interval. Including tomorrow.

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Attachment:
bs.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 594, 595, 596, 597, 598, 599, 600 ... 688  Next