Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:31 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Ghostbusters:Afterlife trailer dropped....who's stoked? 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

mislabeled wrote:
I just hope that talks about remaking Princess Bride are sufficiently squashed to keep the original as the ONLY version.

That's one movie that cannot be remade. Ever. By anyone.

I agree 1,000,000%.

Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:31 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

mislabeled wrote:
I just hope that talks about remaking Princess Bride are sufficiently squashed to keep the original as the ONLY version.

A remake?!?! Inconceivable!

Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:34 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pretty stoked on this one. The cast includes Bill Murray, Dan Ackroyd, and Ernie Hudson so we will see. Ghostbusters was my favorite movie growing up.

I also did not watch the 2016 pile of shit.

Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like a movie I'd rent on Amazon for 5.99 but we are not movie people. I've only seen 3 movies in 21 years in theaters that drew our interest immediately, Saving Private Ryan, Bohemian Rhapsody and Midway.

Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:30 pm

rayjax82 wrote:
The cast includes Bill Murray, Dan Ackroyd, and Ernie Hudson

if they're in, i'm in.

US Constitution: VOID where prohibited by law.

Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:55 pm

Pretty cool, I wasn't expecting much after the last one that was made.

Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My well-being has improved since I stopped watching Netflix and other hollywood productions. TV sits idle 99.999% of the year now. (of course library use and bothering y'all has increased exponentially!)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:38 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

jukk0u wrote:
bothering y'all has increased exponentially!)

Hadn’t noticed :peep:

Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
Eh, does Hollywood have any original ideas left? Or is it just reboots and sequels to everything? I skipped the garbage released a few years ago, and will probably skip this too.

I watched a 2.35 minute trailer that I could barely get thru... yawn.

The original was funny because:
1. It was entirely original and we hadn't seen anything like it ever before. The ghosts, the innovation, the concepts, the iconic ghost with the circle and line, the theme song, etc..
2. Comedic geniuses in Dan Akroid, Bill Murray, and Rick Moranis. Each of them had individually massive names and comic draw genius. The rest of the cast was very strong. The film produced some of the most iconic one liners and visual effects and themes of any movie in time. "I've been slimed," "Who ya gonna call," etc.
3. Sigorney Weaver, arguably the biggest female actor in modern history. Put on a perfect performance.
4. Adult themes and lots of adult themed jokes about the gate keeper and keymaster, etc. made it interesting.
5. I heard no "theme song" and nothing on par with the classic from Ray Parker, "Who ya gonna call."

This movie appears to have have none of that... this is basically Goonies, which is a fun kids movie but little more. As an adult I'm not a fan of "kids saved the world" movies. And especially when it's a big ripoff of a classic like Ghost Busters.

Granted it has writing credits for Akroid, and looks like the cast has appearances by Murray and Weaver. But let's not forget GB II was a total flop as well. Probably because the original can't be touched...

I'll be skipping it and not rewarding Hollywood for further ruining my childhood by continuing to destroy legacy films with turd remakes and reboots and sequels... Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Blade Runner, Predator, Alien, Ghost Busters, Terminator, etc. Is nothing sacred?

I predict this is a big turd on its own merits.

Easy money trail. Remake what used to be cool right around the time those who were fans in their youth have the money to buy in for their offspring, and their own fetishes.

Kinda like that pretty blue car you’ve got. :)

Difference is the Movie studios are really weird and out of touch with a lot due to PC and automakers lately are in another horsepower war because of “cheap gas” again.

I agree sometimes these remakes fall short but times were simpler back then we as a fan based were less jaded and demanding.

Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

New snippet out...

Fucking COVID....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:02 pm

I will probably see it at some point but I probably won't be first in line. I tend to lean toward LC's feelings on reboots, but sometimes a good movie is just a good movie, regardless if its an idea that has been played out before.

I felt the same way about the 21 jump street reboot. But I enjoyed those movies. My sister still refuses to see them since she was much more invested in the original show than I was.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:35 am

DGM33 wrote:
mislabeled wrote:

I agree 1,000,000%.

+1 I don't even know how they could possibly replicate that bottled magic.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It seems pretty cool that they released a movie with actors a younger generation can relate to without concentrating on gender dysphoria or "equity".

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll see it, but I won't be paying to watch it, if you know what I mean..... :peep:

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:02 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll see it, looks like it'll be fun. I just saw an old-school ambulance like that on Pac Hwy a couple days ago. Didn't get a good look because I was just driving by. It was at a used car lot I think.

edit: I'm still waiting for the new Top Gun. That looked good.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next