Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:02 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Ghostbusters:Afterlife trailer dropped....who's stoked? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:thumbsup2: :bow:

So much 'hidden' stuff in the trailer...

Spoiler: show
Slimer was in it....

The trailer shows "Shandor Mining", as in the Shandor building, as in Ivo Shandor, and the cult of Zuul...

What appears to be a terror dog foot...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm way more excited for this than I should be. Excellent concept for a reimagining/reboot.

Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:53 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm ready to see this!

Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:13 am
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

If they're going to "reboot" a classic, at least this time it looks like they're doing it properly. I chose not to see the abomination that they release a couple of years ago. But this looks epic!

Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm actually more excited to see this than the new SW movie I already have tickets for...

Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DGM33 wrote:
If they're going to "reboot" a classic, at least this time it looks like they're doing it properly. I chose not to see the abomination that they release a couple of years ago. But this looks epic!

They even threw shade at GB16.. 'There hasn't been a ghost sighting for 30 yrs'... = gb16 doesn't exist... :rofl9:

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DGM33 wrote:

This

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eh, does Hollywood have any original ideas left? Or is it just reboots and sequels to everything? I skipped the garbage released a few years ago, and will probably skip this too.

I watched a 2.35 minute trailer that I could barely get thru... yawn.

The original was funny because:
1. It was entirely original and we hadn't seen anything like it ever before. The ghosts, the innovation, the concepts, the iconic ghost with the circle and line, the theme song, etc..
2. Comedic geniuses in Dan Akroid, Bill Murray, and Rick Moranis. Each of them had individually massive names and comic draw genius. The rest of the cast was very strong. The film produced some of the most iconic one liners and visual effects and themes of any movie in time. "I've been slimed," "Who ya gonna call," etc.
3. Sigorney Weaver, arguably the biggest female actor in modern history. Put on a perfect performance.
4. Adult themes and lots of adult themed jokes about the gate keeper and keymaster, etc. made it interesting.
5. I heard no "theme song" and nothing on par with the classic from Ray Parker, "Who ya gonna call."

This movie appears to have have none of that... this is basically Goonies, which is a fun kids movie but little more. As an adult I'm not a fan of "kids saved the world" movies. And especially when it's a big ripoff of a classic like Ghost Busters.

Granted it has writing credits for Akroid, and looks like the cast has appearances by Murray and Weaver. But let's not forget GB II was a total flop as well. Probably because the original can't be touched...

I'll be skipping it and not rewarding Hollywood for further ruining my childhood by continuing to destroy legacy films with turd remakes and reboots and sequels... Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Blade Runner, Predator, Alien, Ghost Busters, Terminator, etc. Is nothing sacred?

I predict this is a big turd on its own merits.

Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:30 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

leadcounsel wrote:
Eh, does Hollywood have any original ideas left? Or is it just reboots and sequels to everything? I skipped the garbage released a few years ago, and will probably skip this too.

1. It was entirely original and we hadn't seen anything like it ever before. The ghosts, the innovation, the concepts, the iconic ghost with the circle and line, the theme song, etc..
2. Comedic geniuses in Dan Akroid, Bill Murray, and Rick Moranis. Each of them had individually massive names and comic draw genius. The rest of the cast was very strong. The film produced some of the most iconic one liners and visual effects and themes of any movie in time. "I've been slimed," "Who ya gonna call," etc.
3. Sigorney Weaver, arguably the biggest female actor in modern history. Put on a perfect performance.
4. Adult themes and lots of adult themed jokes about the gate keeper and keymaster, etc. made it interesting.
5. I heard no "theme song" and nothing on par with the classic from Ray Parker, "Who ya gonna call."

This movie appears to have have none of that... this is basically Goonies, which is a fun kids movie but little more. As an adult I'm not a fan of "kids saved the world" movies. And especially when it's a big ripoff of a classic like Ghost Busters.

Granted it has writing credits for Akroid, and looks like the cast has appearances by Murray and Weaver. But let's not forget GB II was a total flop as well. Probably because the original can't be touched...

I'll be skipping it and not rewarding Hollywood for further ruining my childhood by continuing to destroy legacy films with turd remakes and reboots and sequels... Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Blade Runner, Predator, Alien, Ghost Busters, Terminator, etc. Is nothing sacred?

I have a feeling you will be in the minority on this one.

Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:33 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Will go see.
The female version was a steaming pile of shit.
This one looks better from the first trailer.

Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:16 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Looks great! I’m glad they’re doing a continuance off the story line at a later date instead of trying to do another silly reboot with different actors.

The wife and I were talking about these great old movies from the 80’s and how our kids will think we’re stupid for liking them. Maybe these new versions will make them interested in watching the originals with their parents someday.

Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:

I'll see it - mostly because my kids want to see it - but I agree, the whole kids save the world theme has been overdone. I also agree that the reboot/sequel thing has went way too far (I can't even stand the Marvel movies anymore - and don't get me started on Star Wars - although I keep hoping the Mandalorin gets better). I loved the first one. Was meh on the second one. And I couldn't get past the first 10 minutes of the last one - and I was stuck on a plane! I've watched some really bad movies that I never remotely wanted to see on planes, so that's saying a lot.

Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ghost_Busters

Even the first movie was not entirely original

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

joao01 wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ghost_Busters

Even the first movie was not entirely original

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, if we take that stance, there is really no original ideas anymore. Star wars was nothing more than the same story told about rescuing a damsel in distress and defeating a evil empire. Space ships had been common on TV for decades prior.

Makers of Terminator settled lawsuits alleging IP theft from prior episodes of a sci fi TV show, "Outer Limits" and episode called "Demon with the glass hand."

Same with many films. But they are original enough to separate them from others.

Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just hope that talks about remaking Princess Bride are sufficiently squashed to keep the original as the ONLY version.

That's one movie that cannot be remade. Ever. By anyone.

Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next