Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:51 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Seatthell Clowncil bans evictions forever 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Such BS anyway, winters out here aren't harsh at all.. At least not compared to 80% of the rest of the country.

OoOoOh.. We might get a week where it gets below freezing at night..

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

King County now telling Seatthell and Olympia to hold it's beer. Holy shit. If you're a landlord in King County sell before this crap goes into effect.
https://www.seattletimes.com/business/r ... evictions/

Quote:
The county proposal would limit the reasons landlords in unincorporated areas of the county could evict tenants or decline to renew their leases. The bill would also require more advance notice for many rent hikes, cap extra fees and narrow the use of Social Security numbers for screening tenants. The changes would be permanent, lasting beyond current pandemic-related eviction moratoriums.

Quote:
“It’s not like we’re saying landlords can’t evict,” said Councilmember Jeanne Kohl-Welles, who sponsored the legislation with Councilmembers Girmay Zahilay and Dave Upthegrove. “It’s just: You want to evict this person? Have a valid reason. Don’t just do something willy-nilly because you don’t like someone.”

:doh1:
Quote:
The law would cap move-in fees and security deposits at one month’s rent and allow those to be paid in installments. Late fees would be capped at 1.5%. And landlords would be required to give 120 days’ notice for rent increases greater than 3%.

If a landlord violated the new county laws, a tenant could sue for up to three times their rent as damages.

Pretty sure democrats get a waiver for economics and math in highschool now.

Quote:
Landlords testified against the proposed new rules at recent council meetings, arguing the patchwork of different regulations is difficult to track across multiple city and state laws. The rules can discourage landlords from operating, they said. Some said they worry just-cause provisions will make it harder to remove tenants who are a nuisance to their neighbors.

“We’re not evil,” said Renton landlord Nora Schultz at a council meeting this month. “It’s very disconcerting the way that this business has been treated by the state and by local authorities for the last three years.”

Property owners are now reduced to pleading that "they are not evil" in council testimony... That's where we are.

Quote:
Under the county proposal, landlords could request — but not require — prospective tenants to provide Social Security numbers.

The provision is meant to protect renters who are undocumented and may not have a Social Security number. Landlords have argued the provision limits their ability to accurately vet future renters.

“Our intent is not to ban credit screenings, neither is the reality that we’re banning credit screenings,” Zahilay told his colleagues at a meeting last week. “Our intent is to protect undocumented people who are at high risk of homelessness.”

Let's not forget to protect illegal alien criminals while we're at it!

And the final insult? Free lawyers paid for by taxpayers (in the county that means landlords (property owners) are literally paying for the lawyers to fight them in court) but the evil landlords have to pay for their own lawyers.
Quote:
The county would also allow public defenders to represent tenants facing eviction if funding became available. Councilmember Kathy Lambert has argued landlords should also be able to get public representation, but other council members have shown little appetite for that change.

Looks like the dems will get their wish, a sell-off of rental properties leading to a "rental crisis" they created, which will then let them raise taxes and create public housing projects upon which those voters will be dependent on them.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:21 am

I predict that landlords will simply abandon the properties if they can't sell them.

Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:41 pm

Fizmo wrote:
I predict that landlords will simply abandon the properties if they can't sell them.

I don't know if that would ever happen. There are always folks in China willing to buy property here. The cheaper the better. When I sold a condo a few years ago, half the buyers who submitted offers were Chinese.

Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When rent continues to rise and new units fail to materialize will they even ask why?

Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To be fair

Shouldn't there be a moratorium on property taxes while there's a moratorium on evictions?

If landlords are expected to eat the loss why shouldn't the government?

Oh, man. I kill me sometimes

Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The largest administrative taking in US history continues. The Biden admin says they have found "new legal justification" for continuing the moratorium. In reality they are terrified of the mid-terms and want to keep the inflation supported gravy train flowing past November of next year. I wonder of they'll make it.
https://www.seattletimes.com/business/w ... evictions/

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’m confused...

People were able to continuously receive unemployment, without even having the qualifier of ‘searching for employment’.

They also received an extra $300/week, for whatever reason.

On top of that, their commuting costs, whether by car or public transportation, fell to virtually nothing.

They also didn’t have to pay for babysitters or childcare, either.

They claim to be making more now, thus the reasoning for not returning to work.

So, if they are making more money than they did before, and their expenses are less, why can’t they pay the rent?

Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:23 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

The housing market is high right now. And although I've had good experiences as a landlord, I'm selling my rental house right now with zero second thoughts.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WE still have one rental but wouldn't surprise me if we in turn sell soon. At this point might be better to have the cash in hand.
right now we have tenants that have paid through the whole covid thing and have been in there for something like 5 years.

Might explore a rent and buy with them...

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Sleepy just extended the moratorium another 6 months today.

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/03/10243452 ... al-ban-lap

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:38 pm

Atlas continues to Shrug...

Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:13 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Col_Temp wrote:
WE still have one rental but wouldn't surprise me if we in turn sell soon. At this point might be better to have the cash in hand.
right now we have tenants that have paid through the whole covid thing and have been in there for something like 5 years.

Same here . . . I have the best tenant in the world, and he's been there for six years.

I did a lot of apologizing in my email to him, but it just didn't make sense to hold onto it.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ViniVidivici wrote:
Atlas continues to Shrug...

Yep!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:29 pm

WaJim wrote:

Sleepy just extended the moratorium another 6 months today.

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/03/10243452 ... al-ban-lap

Article states it's extended until Oct 3rd. I didn't see anything about six months.

Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next