Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 673 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 45  Next
 Good cop / bad cop 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

surevaliance wrote:
Police recruiting suffers as morale hits new lows.

https://www.axios.com/police-morale-suf ... bf337.html

Quote:
Police departments across the country are struggling to attract applicants after a year of racial justice protests against police use of excessive force and calls for police reform dampened morale within the profession.

So who is most likely to fill those rolls?

The rageaholic, bully misfits that would normally be drummed out before hitting the street.

The kind who will "police" exactly as they are told, against exactly who they are told, and otherwise bully, take advantage of, beat, kill and otherwise "use" the public they are supposed to be working for.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed May 19, 2021 7:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
surevaliance wrote:

Quote:
Police departments across the country are struggling to attract applicants after a year of racial justice protests against police use of excessive force and calls for police reform dampened morale within the profession.

The rageaholic, bully misfits that would normally be drummed out before hitting the street.

The kind who will "police" exactly as they are told, against exactly who they are told, and otherwise bully, take advantage of, beat, kill and otherwise "use" the public they are supposed to be working for.

Unintended consequences are a bitch...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed May 19, 2021 7:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Selador wrote:
surevaliance wrote:

Quote:

Unintended consequences are a bitch...

Unintended?

It's exactly what they intend.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed May 19, 2021 7:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You know, I recall reading stuff in the last 5-6 years, where various police departments were either mass-hiring, or having trouble hiring, new recruits.

Both of those scenarios can potentially lead to ‘massaging’ the standards to fill recruitment quotas.

It makes me wonder if the slightly-less qualified that came on board over those years, ended up being the ones without the temperament, skills, or training that we hear about in trouble.

Just a thought...

Wed May 19, 2021 7:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Speaking of bad cops...

The guy is right.. It's officers like that, that are the reason they get shot at. I for one, wouldn't shed a tear if that next traffic stop was his last, and I wouldn't try too hard to want to find out who killed him, either.

Quote:
You threatened me when you told me to be safe.

Ooh, really now?

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed May 19, 2021 7:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K9 in Republic, WA 'alerted to drugs'.. ONE HUNDRED PERCENT OF THE TIME....

Thomas Paine wrote:

Thu May 20, 2021 1:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
surevaliance wrote:
Quote:

This is exactly what happened in Russia in 90’s, when the Soviet Union collapsed.
Even convicts were hired sometimes.

Thu May 20, 2021 3:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Deputy chokes domestic violence victim....Sheriff's office says it's OK.. New Sheriff comes in, partners with Texas Rangers to arrest/prosecute.

Sheriff calls for a nationwide database of 'bad cops' to prevent them from being hired by other agencies.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Thu May 20, 2021 6:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Viral Video — New Hampshire Sunday School teacher arrested for not wearing mask at school board meeting.

“To serve and protect.”?
Yeah, right!

Fri May 21, 2021 5:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Officers kidnap woman because she refused to show ID after she was 'caught' taking a nap...

Thomas Paine wrote:

Thu May 27, 2021 2:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What a fucking idiot.

This guy is dealing with a deaf woman... He knows she's deaf.

He forces the kids to translate, that's a no-no.

He DOESN'T take off his mask, so this woman can neither hear him, nor read his lips, so she has NO IDEA what's going on, or what the officer is asking.. The officer then escalates the situation, pushing her onto the ground and handcuffing her, saying that 'she isn't listening to me'..

What. The. Fuck.

You fucking idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdpEALU3MhY

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sat May 29, 2021 9:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cool. Calm. Collected.

Took aim, fired when needed, only used the rounds needed to down the suspect.

Good job, officer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utqmBHFiHeA

Thomas Paine wrote:

Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why you shouldn't always believe the 'OMG HE GOT SHOT IN THE BACK!' narrative.

Dude high on PCP reaches for a gun.. Cops pull him out, he pulls the gun out, officer shoots him.

Good shoot.

Shit situational awareness though. They focus ALL Their attention on the downed suspect, completely ignoring the other 3 potentially armed people in the car..

Meanwhile, the idiots are yelling that he didn't do anything..

Her: "You shot him for no reason!'
Cop: He had a gun! It's sitting right there!
Her: I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!

Yup. They don't care. Anything to push the narrative..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoIdS0peAsM

Thomas Paine wrote:

Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Officer PITs driver who was looking for a safe place to pull over, a little over a mile away....ON THE HIGHWAY...with no shoulders..

Woman slows down, puts on her 4 way flashers, and is looking for a spot to pull off the road, when a trooper PITs her vehicle, causing it to flip.

Video @ Link

https://www.kark.com/news/working4you/w ... maneuvers/

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Deputy chokes domestic violence victim....Sheriff's office says it's OK.. New Sheriff comes in, partners with Texas Rangers to arrest/prosecute.

Sheriff calls for a nationwide database of 'bad cops' to prevent them from being hired by other agencies.

I missed this post.

So, is this an admission that the standard hiring protocols are ineffective in weeding out ‘bad cops’?

Oh wait, it’s their union.

So, will this bypass the power of unions to keep bad cops on the force?

If so, let’s do it for teachers next...

Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 673 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 45  Next