Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:43 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 698 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 47  Next
 Good cop / bad cop 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like a good cop scenario here. Not sure if this should have been in the "Good guy with a gun" thread but it didn't turn out to be a Uvalde TX sitution. Thank God.

'Officers received a call around 9:10 a.m. about an active shooter. Within minutes, authorities arrived and entered the school as students were fleeing the building, Sack said. Some of the students told the officers there was a shooter with a "long gun," he said.

"Upon hearing gunfire, they ran to that gunfire, located the shooter and engaged that shooter in an exchange of gunfire," the chief told reporters."

The suspected shooter was struck and was pronounced dead at a hospital, he said. No officers were injured during the confrontation.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/at-least-3-k ... d-security

Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Just..

Holy fucking shit.

How fucking dumb do you have to be?

Cop parks car on train tracks, puts suspect in car, then keeps the car on train tracks, so suspect stuck in the back of the cop car gets hit by train .

Follow up:

Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Just..

Holy fucking shit.

How fucking dumb do you have to be?

Cop parks car on train tracks, puts suspect in car, then keeps the car on train tracks, so suspect stuck in the back of the cop car gets hit by train .

Follow up:

Which points out one of the issues facing departments.... Cops can fuck up at one agency, leave before things go sideways, and get hired by another agency.

A cop shouldn't be able to just walk away from doing a shitty job and walk next door and get a job doing the same shitty thing.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Legally blind man is walking down the street with his folding walking stick/cane in his back pocket.

Cop pulls up and says it looks like a gun.

He pulls it out and says it's a walking stick.

She demands ID.

He refuses.

Sgt arrives on scene, and they detain/handcuff him.

He says he's going to file a complaint.

The cops say they're gonna charge him with resisting arrest...

Keep in mind, the detention was unlawful, the demand for ID was unlawful, and he didn't resist an arrest... They made shit up... and as clear as this is, they haven't dismissed the charges yet.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Man Aiding Walmart Shooting Victim Dies After Police Knock Him to Ground
https://www.newsweek.com/man-aiding-walmart-shooting-victim-dies-after-police-knock-him-ground-1758030
Quote:
Police officers were also on scene, but an "apparently off-duty" officer who was not in uniform and did not identify himself as a member of law enforcement ordered Vinyard to step back. Vinyard, who has been identified by police, responded that he was there to help, but the man again ordered him to step back and threatened to arrest him, Sansone said.

Sansone, whose team has been taking statements from people who witnessed the incident, said that he was informed by an eyewitness that the man put an arm across Vinyard's chest and "took him to the ground, landing on top of him."

"It's not just a push that got out of control," Sansone said. "He took him to the ground, body slammed him to the ground."

Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Legally blind man is walking down the street with his folding walking stick/cane in his back pocket.

Cop pulls up and says it looks like a gun.

He pulls it out and says it's a walking stick.

She demands ID.

He refuses.

Sgt arrives on scene, and they detain/handcuff him.

He says he's going to file a complaint.

The cops say they're gonna charge him with resisting arrest...

Keep in mind, the detention was unlawful, the demand for ID was unlawful, and he didn't resist an arrest... They made shit up... and as clear as this is, they haven't dismissed the charges yet.

She needs a demotion to his personal chauffeur.

Red and white baton sticking straight up from his back pocket. If she confuses that for a firearm she is dangerous to be in any position of authority.

This is another reason I do not buy black toy guns with orange tips for my kids. If she is so blind herself that she cannot see that isn't a firearm, how could she process an orange tip on a black toy gun?

Dolts.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Man Aiding Walmart Shooting Victim Dies After Police Knock Him to Ground
https://www.newsweek.com/man-aiding-walmart-shooting-victim-dies-after-police-knock-him-ground-1758030
Quote:
Police officers were also on scene, but an "apparently off-duty" officer who was not in uniform and did not identify himself as a member of law enforcement ordered Vinyard to step back. Vinyard, who has been identified by police, responded that he was there to help, but the man again ordered him to step back and threatened to arrest him, Sansone said.

Sansone, whose team has been taking statements from people who witnessed the incident, said that he was informed by an eyewitness that the man put an arm across Vinyard's chest and "took him to the ground, landing on top of him."

"It's not just a push that got out of control," Sansone said. "He took him to the ground, body slammed him to the ground."

That is so messed up…

Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cop shoots man 14 times in the back...

:hook1:

Guy points gun at officers after police chase - regrets it immediately.

One of those cases where 'shot in the back' doesn't mean 'not a threat'.

I'm not sure what pistol they're issued, but assuming 15-17 rds in a mag.... dude was hit by 14 of those rounds, as both the suspect and the officer were running..... That's fucking amazing, considering the circumstances.

Suspect survived, though.... That officer may want to find a better round.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:06 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Damned video almost isn't worth watching, with all of the blurring and the quacks....

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Damned video almost isn't woeth watching, with all of the blurring and the quacks....

gunshots = demonitized?

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:36 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

TechnoWeenie wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Damned video almost isn't woeth watching, with all of the blurring and the quacks....

gunshots = demonitized?

I dunno, maybe. But I'm not interested enough in those videos to watch them if the action is all blocked out one way or another, so I guess that's demonitizing in a different way.

Maybe not everyone feels the way I do. I suppose that's possible. :wink05:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
MadPick wrote:

gunshots = demonitized?

I dunno, maybe. But I'm not interested enough in those videos to watch them if the action is all blocked out one way or another, so I guess that's demonitizing in a different way.

Maybe not everyone feels the way I do. I suppose that's possible. :wink05:

I prefer detail as well, but I also find... 'quack.... quack.. quaquaquaquaquack' amusing.... lolol

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"I need to change mags....Fuck it, I have one more round..." ~ Cop, probably.

Dude was on top of a woman he was accosting and holding a very large knife, so...

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/no-s ... U6JHG8ONF8

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
"I need to change mags....Fuck it, I have one more round..." ~ Cop, probably.

Dude was on top of a woman he was accosting and holding a very large knife, so...

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/no-s ... U6JHG8ONF8

Looks like all but that last round would be justified, BUT, we're talking split seconds, and a dude with a knife at close range that attacked someone...So, meh.. I'm sure the 14th shot didn't make a difference, as the first 13 probably deaded him anyway.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is why cops have to do mag dumps.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/11/a-startli ... ey-island/

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 698 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 47  Next