Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:59 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 440 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 30  Next
 You've Been Waiting for it: The Idaho Thread! 

George Norse range has several bays, you can stretch the longest to about 100 yards. About 40 minutes from me. There's plenty of BLM land near me. I can shoot within about 5 minutes from my home. I've heard that the Black's Creek Range is good, and I'll be out there this spring for my enhanced CPL class. https://idfg.idaho.gov/visit/southwest/blacks-creek. Parma Rod and Gun Club looks pretty cool, the drive may be worth it. http://www.parmarng.org/index.php. I'm finding myself shooting a lot more often since moving here... Back to the Amalgamated smell, I said frequently. But that's only because it's just off of I84, and we drive by fairly often. As mentioned earlier, it's generally notable only within a couple of miles. At my place, the winds at least during winter are generally from the west and northwest.

Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:42 am

I want to ask those who have either moved to or have always lived in Idaho, are you seeing newly arrived residents leaving after they've experienced a few winter conditions?

Back in 2020 when exodus from places like California was picking up steam, I've read on a few forums that people who had been living in Idaho for quite some time believe most folks who moved there from California will pack up and leave once they experienced a few winters. Just curious what are you seeing?

Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This winter was especially brutal. Up by Spirit Lake we got over 8 feet of snow and a lot of it stuck. A lot of people had ice dams flood their houses and tons of damage. Also the temps got very cold at -15 to -20.

My guess is a lot of western WA, OR libs and Commiefornians will leave. People who enjoy liberty will tough it out.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bigbearbear wrote:
I want to ask those who have either moved to or have always lived in Idaho, are you seeing newly arrived residents leaving after they've experienced a few winter conditions?

Back in 2020 when exodus from places like California was picking up steam, I've read on a few forums that people who had been living in Idaho for quite some time believe most folks who moved there from California will pack up and leave once they experienced a few winters. Just curious what are you seeing?

My son's friend, they served in Iraq together, moved to ID a year- year and a half ago... She (friend's wife) sought out and got a job in San Francisco, recently. They're packing up and leaving.

I asked: "What's the exit interview sounding like? Are they moving just for the money? Is the cold too much for them?

Son replied: "It's the job and Idaho. Lots of things he doesn't want his kids around. He doesn't like the anti-semitism and open racism."

To which I replied: "Other than the Nazis, Mrs. Goldfarb, how was the train ride?" :bigsmile:

(Don't bag on me. I have plenty of Jew friends, and some of them had the tattoos from the camps. It's just that I have a sick sense of humor. And, yeah, I said the "J" word.)

Anyway, I guess the smell of human excrement and atoning for their White sins is preferable to hearing the taterheads kvetch.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I work in CDA. There are a few Californians, but by and large they're the ones from the country (i.e. conservatives). People from L.A., S.F., and San Diego rarely move this way.

Anyone who thinks San Francisco is a better place to raise kids than any town in Idaho is, in my opinion, an idiot. They're moving for the money. Wages are pretty sad in Idaho plus there's a (small) state income tax, though nothing like CA.

Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:01 pm

Alpine wrote:
This winter was especially brutal. Up by Spirit Lake we got over 8 feet of snow and a lot of it stuck. A lot of people had ice dams flood their houses and tons of damage. Also the temps got very cold at -15 to -20.

My guess is a lot of western WA, OR libs and Commiefornians will leave. People who enjoy liberty will tough it out.

This seems to be the prevailing thinking of Idaho residents who have lived in the area for some time, I'm curious if that is true though? Or have recent migrants from milder climate simply dug in and stayed? My curiosity is mostly a result of thinking of my next move, if I want to, once I retire. It won't be for many years yet but since I've heard of many people moving Idaho, it might be worth considering.

Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:39 pm

jukk0u wrote:
My son's friend, they served in Iraq together, moved to ID a year- year and a half ago... She (friend's wife) sought out and got a job in San Francisco, recently. They're packing up and leaving.

I asked: "What's the exit interview sounding like? Are they moving just for the money? Is the cold too much for them?

Son replied: "It's the job and Idaho. Lots of things he doesn't want his kids around. He doesn't like the anti-semitism and open racism."

That is certainly a strange move but to each his/her own, I wish them luck in that. From my own experience of having lived in the SF Bay Area for 20 years, people tend to leave places like San Francisco because of its bad schools and environment for children, not the other way around. I hope your son's friends don't find out the hard way why families usually do not move into San Francisco, they move out, usually out of State completely.

While I don't know what's the job market is like in Idaho, I would caution folks who are attracted by the seemingly much higher pay offered in places like San Francisco and Bay Area in general. Whatever increased pay you receive is quickly eroded by the extreme level of taxes levied on the working class (property, sales and misc. taxes that will show up in all kinds of bills) and the out of control cost of living. What many young tech workers are now doing, is to have a year or 2 stint with a tech job, then apply to work remotely in another State like Idaho while retaining their CA level pay. If you can pull it off, you'll be sitting pretty. If you can't pull that off, you'll be paying rent to landlords like myself who have rental properties in the Bay Area, and you'll be funding our nice suburban lifestyle in other States like WA and ID.

Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
He doesn't like the anti-semitism and open racism

:anyone:

Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In the several years I've been here haven't seen one trace of racism or anti-Semitism. Libs love to pretend North Idaho is a hotbed of that but that stuff ended back in the 90s. Recently the biased leftwing fishrag CDApress warned of a "neo Nazi rally" near Hayden. Never happened. No one showed up.

It's all lib bullshit.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
In the several years I've been here haven't seen one trace of racism or anti-Semitism. Libs love to pretend North Idaho is a hotbed of that but that stuff ended back in the 90s. Recently the biased leftwing fishrag CDApress warned of a "neo Nazi rally" near Hayden. Never happened. No one showed up.

It's all lib bullshit.

A modern day Don Quixote.

'Those NAZIS are planning a rally, we need to stop them!'

'Yay! The Nazis didn't show up! WE BEAT THEM!'

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://media.gab.com/system/media_atta ... d03aa8.mp4
MTG protestors

https://cdapress.com/news/2023/feb/11/r ... ene-visit/
Quote:
By BILL BULEY
Staff Writer | February 11, 2023 1:06 AM
COEUR d'ALENE — Tonight's visit from U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Georgia, could spark fireworks and is expected to attract protesters.

The group North Idaho Republicans released a statement Friday criticizing the Kootenai County Republican Central Committee for hosting Greene at their annual Lincoln Day Dinner at The Coeur d'Alene Resort.

Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This whole story seems a little fishy to me.

Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://thefederalist.com/2023/02/17/id ... 2023-02-18

Looks like the two legislatures have agreed to formal talks about ID annexing parts of eastern OR.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://banned.video/watch?id=63f531d10fcabd3bc3cc91cc
IDAHO TO CRIMINALIZE VAX? - State Wants To Punish Doctors Who Give Injection!

Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:56 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Another good post by Ol' Rick! :rofl9:

Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 440 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 30  Next