Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:40 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 We Live in Interesting Times. What Will History Say? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:

Honestly, that will be what the history books write about. How a whole generation of people was mislead by the “science” of the times into believing that humans were asexual and that sex was a choice. In the private MD groups, they are already discussing how the whole transsexual movement should be reclassified as mental illness.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's an interesting commentary about the whole "resistance" debacle:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/vir ... newsletter

"I’m not so sure that the Resistance can keep up the fight, since their enemy is reality as much as reality’s mere personification in Mr. Trump. The violent opposition Schopenhauer spoke of in his three-stage model was just procedural in this case, moving through the courts and committees and other organs of the state. I don’t think the Left can bring the fight to the streets. They don’t have it in them, not even the ANTIFA corps. The hard truths of perfidy and treachery in the upper ranks of government will rain down in the weeks ahead, and when they do, there’s an excellent chance that they will be greeted as self-evident. The Times, the WashPo and the cable news networks will have no choice but to report it all. My guess is that they will display a kind of breathlessly naïve wonder that such things are so. Most remarkably, they might just assert that they knew it all along — a final twitch of bad faith as the new paradigm locks into place."

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:

A: the boogaloo. aka spicy time.

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:01 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I believe that the history books will place President Trump right up there as one of the most important chief executives that this country has ever had.

He's flawed, sure. He's not "presidential"... Sure.

We didn't hire him to be pretty. We hired him to "drain the swamp", which probably means something a bit different to different groups.

Our federal government has gotten too big, too intrusive, and We the People have lost the ability to control government overreach because entrenched bureaucrats are effectively making laws that can be enforced with life changing/ending consequences.
President Trump has been on a crusade to reduce overreach and excess regulations in government. Bravo!

President Trump has been actively working to make the nation strong again in our competition with China. The whole concept of being self-reliant seems to be lost on all of the people who scream, cry, holler, complain and threaten regarding how this trade "conflict" is hurting them, their families or their industry.
Screw that noise. If continuing on the path that was easy in the short term helps China accumulate more wealth and power/control against us, then who gives a turd about some individual's inconvenience or financial hit based on their education or career choices?

President Trump (and our government as a whole) should be looking at the big picture, and that big picture has been glaringly obvious for 30 years. Shipping our industry offshore because it's cheaper and shareholder profits go up is temporarily good for a few, but longterm bad for our whole nation.
Suck it up buttercup. Stop buying Chinese as much as possible, and encourage manufacturers to start drop forging tools again here in the USA.

The backdrop to this whole "Make America Great Again" campaign is a ferocious and unrelenting attack from entrenched (unelected) bureaucrats and amazingly from our mainstream media.
Honest, I am amazed every time that I hear such blatant bias against President Trump, and have to shut the newsbox off when I hear our mainstream media say that POTUS or one of his allies repeats things with no evidence, or that has been debunked, or equally silly crackerjack box prizes for those who already hate President Trump.

I believe that the anti-President Trump group (not limited to Democrats) is in near panic (or at least denial) about what is coming down the pike towards them. The whole FISA debacle absolutely should send some high-ranking members of the bureaucracy to prison... And I will be so disappointed in our judicial system if it does not.
The Biden/Burisma/Ukraine scandal should cause congress to write up an ironclad new set of laws limiting government and our elected or hired representatives from engaging in that kind of crony corruption.
I am generally against more new laws... We have plenty. The corruption laws are not being enforced correctly (or enough) and people who we hired into postions of trust are betraying that trust for their own enrichment.
Let's urge our elected/hired representatives to re-earn our trust and protect us from their cohorts' self-enrichment.

This is a diseased and bloated federal government. President Trump is exposing this, or more correctly, causing the sick areas to expose themselves.
If he wins in November 2020, I believe that he will be able to make enough institutional changes to "right the ship" for some time to come.
If The House flips back to R (hopefully Tea Party types) and The Senate stays R, President Trump should have enough clout and influence to make even the fake conservatives toe the line for awhile.

I don't need to hear more about his flaws because I am already aware of them. I make no excuses for his flaws, and do not worship at the altar of President Trump.
We hired him to do a job, and it sure looks like he is doing that job swimmingly, despite monumental resistance from the establishment.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
I believe that the history books will place President Trump right up there as one of the most important chief executives that this country has ever had.

He's flawed, sure. He's not "presidential"... Sure.

We didn't hire him to be pretty. We hired him to "drain the swamp", which probably means something a bit different to different groups.

Our federal government has gotten too big, too intrusive, and We the People have lost the ability to control government overreach because entrenched bureaucrats are effectively making laws that can be enforced with life changing/ending consequences.
President Trump has been on a crusade to reduce overreach and excess regulations in government. Bravo!

President Trump has been actively working to make the nation strong again in our competition with China. The whole concept of being self-reliant seems to be lost on all of the people who scream, cry, holler, complain and threaten regarding how this trade "conflict" is hurting them, their families or their industry.
Screw that noise. If continuing on the path that was easy in the short term helps China accumulate more wealth and power/control against us, then who gives a turd about some individual's inconvenience or financial hit based on their education or career choices?

President Trump (and our government as a whole) should be looking at the big picture, and that big picture has been glaringly obvious for 30 years. Shipping our industry offshore because it's cheaper and shareholder profits go up is temporarily good for a few, but longterm bad for our whole nation.
Suck it up buttercup. Stop buying Chinese as much as possible, and encourage manufacturers to start drop forging tools again here in the USA.

The backdrop to this whole "Make America Great Again" campaign is a ferocious and unrelenting attack from entrenched (unelected) bureaucrats and amazingly from our mainstream media.
Honest, I am amazed every time that I hear such blatant bias against President Trump, and have to shut the newsbox off when I hear our mainstream media say that POTUS or one of his allies repeats things with no evidence, or that has been debunked, or equally silly crackerjack box prizes for those who already hate President Trump.

I believe that the anti-President Trump group (not limited to Democrats) is in near panic (or at least denial) about what is coming down the pike towards them. The whole FISA debacle absolutely should send some high-ranking members of the bureaucracy to prison... And I will be so disappointed in our judicial system if it does not.
The Biden/Burisma/Ukraine scandal should cause congress to write up an ironclad new set of laws limiting government and our elected or hired representatives from engaging in that kind of crony corruption.
I am generally against more new laws... We have plenty. The corruption laws are not being enforced correctly (or enough) and people who we hired into postions of trust are betraying that trust for their own enrichment.
Let's urge our elected/hired representatives to re-earn our trust and protect us from their cohorts' self-enrichment.

This is a diseased and bloated federal government. President Trump is exposing this, or more correctly, causing the sick areas to expose themselves.
If he wins in November 2020, I believe that he will be able to make enough institutional changes to "right the ship" for some time to come.
If The House flips back to R (hopefully Tea Party types) and The Senate stays R, President Trump should have enough clout and influence to make even the fake conservatives toe the line for awhile.

I don't need to hear more about his flaws because I am already aware of them. I make no excuses for his flaws, and do not worship at the altar of President Trump.
We hired him to do a job, and it sure looks like he is doing that job swimmingly, despite monumental resistance from the establishment.

Lets just hope if he does get re-elected that at least one chamber of congress stays in GOP hands (and even that may not matter given how quick a lot of the GOP has been to sell us down the river). Ive been pondering the future and I think if that doesn't happen and we have a Dem controlled congress with a 2nd term trump who doesn't give a shit how unpopular he gets....well it scares the absolute hell out of me what kind of firearm related bills he may be inclined to sign.

We should all be concerned given what we have seen in the past few years.

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2