Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:07 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Fort Worth PD kills woman in her own home, with no warning. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So calling it a bad shoot is cool and all, but what should the actual aftermath of this event look like for the officer and department in question? Termination? Termination and a ban from working in law enforcement? Criminal charges? If so, manslaughter, or murder 1 or 2? Assuming, of course, that there isn't something else going on in this case that wasn't shown in the video.

When anybody else makes a mistake on the job, they get remedial training/instruction, reprimanded, or fired, depending on the severity of the mistake. There's no more severe a mistake than ending somebody's life.

So, pretend your the police chief, or the commissioner, or the DA, or whoever, and this officer's fate is in your hands. Everybody is screaming at you. You have to be fair to the job law enforcement is tasked to do, but also fair to the people that they are tasked with assisting when a mistake is made.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pvanderzee wrote:
So calling it a bad shoot is cool and all, but what should the actual aftermath of this event look like for the officer and department in question? Termination? Termination and a ban from working in law enforcement? Criminal charges? If so, manslaughter, or murder 1 or 2? Assuming, of course, that there isn't something else going on in this case that wasn't shown in the video.

When anybody else makes a mistake on the job, they get remedial training/instruction, reprimanded, or fired, depending on the severity of the mistake. There's no more severe a mistake than ending somebody's life.

So, pretend your the police chief, or the commissioner, or the DA, or whoever, and this officer's fate is in your hands. Everybody is screaming at you. You have to be fair to the job law enforcement is tasked to do, but also fair to the people that they are tasked with assisting when a mistake is made.

He is a citizen.

What would the crime be if I walked into a strangers backyard and shot a woman through her window?

The neighbor didn't even call 911.. He called the non-emergency number.. and I'm sure we will get the call audio released shortly as well... Even PD is acknowledging they were there on a welfare check and not a criminal complaint call... Unless they're using the 'welfare check' as their justification and are claiming exigent circumstances..

This whole thing could have been avoided if they announced their presence and knocked on the door.... Fuck your 'tactical advantage'.

Anyone watch LivePD? Watch the Montana or Nevada sheriff deputies vs the California cops. You can tell which ones take reasonable precautions by drawing their firearm, and which ones use their guns as security blankets/multi-tools. It's a completely different mindset. and yes, they're different areas and different types of crime, but there's no reason why one group of LE can talk people down, or reason with them, and another goes for their gun when someone asks why they got pulled over...

Some cops are trained that everyone/everything is a threat to them, and guess what, when you train your cops that everyone is trying to kill them, they rely on their gun for everything. I think we really need to evaluate not only the officers, but those who are training them.

As Steve pointed out before, the reason this is so egregious, is because it doesn't happen that often, and the fact that it has, is absolutely unacceptable..

Trespassing, and manslaughter/negligent homicide, at the minimum, IMO.

I'm sorry.. But... 'Lemme see your *BANG* hands' is not acceptable.......

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The note about a ND sounds like it could be the case. Have to wait for the facts to come out and some more details.
From what little we have so far sounds like it is definitely questionable and worth investigating further.

Sometimes Techno i think you go a little far, hence the comments from madpick and others. But your comparison to how officers react from Live PD do show that there are generally very good police officers out there doing a job that tends to be thankless and dangerous. And frankly they put up with a lot more crap than they should have to.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:52 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Col_Temp wrote:
The note about a ND sounds like it could be the case. Have to wait for the facts to come out and some more details.
From what little we have so far sounds like it is definitely questionable and worth investigating further.

Sometimes Techno i think you go a little far, hence the comments from madpick and others. But your comparison to how officers react from Live PD do show that there are generally very good police officers out there doing a job that tends to be thankless and dangerous. And frankly they put up with a lot more crap than they should have to.

Watch who wears the 'tactical' uniform and observe their attitude/demeanor/actions vs those wearing regular uniforms... Then compare that to the Sheriff rocking blue jeans and a button down shirt and a cowboy hat.

It's a training issue, IMO.

Why do agencies switch tactical gear to whatever camo the army uses?

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The problem isn’t that your posted this, it’s that this kind of stuff is all you post. You constantly show law enforcement in a negative light. Kinda like the media only shows trump in a a negative light. You should try to balance it out a bit. And for the folks that say nothing will happen, they convicted a white cop last week in Dallas for a bad shoot.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:
The problem isn’t that your posted this, it’s that this kind of stuff is all you post. You constantly show law enforcement in a negative light. Kinda like the media only shows trump in a a negative light. You should try to balance it out a bit. And for the folks that say nothing will happen, they convicted a white cop last week in Dallas for a bad shoot.

I've posted stuff about good cops before.... lol

As far as the female cop goes.... I think that was premeditated murder.

Dude was an ex BF. She 'accidentally' goes to his app't, then is 'surprised' by him, and she shoots him? Doesn't pass the sniff test, IMO.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:49 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pvanderzee wrote:

Exactly. I hate these situations. It just doesn't feel like there's a right answer.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Pvanderzee wrote:

Exactly. I hate these situations. It just doesn't feel like there's a right answer.

Is treating them like everyone else, too much to ask?

Thomas Paine wrote:

Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Pvanderzee wrote:

Agreed. They are citizens, no more and no less. Some citizens are better trained than other and some have different jobs.

In this case, considering the training this person likely had, this makes the this homicide even worse.

Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Pvanderzee wrote:

So, pretend your the police chief...

If the shooter was you, you'd be glad that the legal standard *for a civilian* is "reasonsble use of deadly force *based on the circumstances/training of the shooter at the time". Facts not known to the shooter *at the time*, or training the shooter should have completed, but didn't, is not relevant to the legal case.
Of course, this incident is LEO, and other circs/SOPs apply, and politics applies to everyone.

Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

quantsuff wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Pvanderzee wrote:

So, pretend your the police chief...

If the shooter was you, you'd be glad that the legal standard *for a civilian* is "reasonsble use of deadly force *based on the circumstances/training of the shooter at the time". Facts not known to the shooter *at the time*, or training the shooter should have completed, but didn't, is not relevant to the legal case.
Of course, this incident is LEO, and other circs/SOPs apply, and politics applies to everyone.

I don't even know why she had a gun in her room...No one needs a gun... you just need to call the pol.....oh.... wait.....

:bigsmile:

But yes, I don't see why they deserve special treatment. I've had numerous 'opportunities' to use my gun, lawfully, even a situation where a cop asked me why I didn't shoot, and telling me she would have .... and yet I've found a way out of these situations without having to fire a shot... Why is that?

Thomas Paine wrote:

Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Officer resigned today.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:53 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Officer resigned today.

Knew his goose was cooked. Probably saved his Pension.

Sister calling for Federal investigation with swift and appropriate prosecution....

Huh,

So much for "presumed innocent"

It's a silly idea anyway.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

and, apparently, there was a similar shooting in SC... and body cam proved the deputy was lying, and the department heavily edited the video before releasing it...

The homeowner is in his house... cop is snooping around.... homeowner is near the front door and cop shoots through the window..

The cop said the homeowner flung the door open and pointed the gun at him... which is clear on the video that's not what happened.

Probably didn't make the news because the guy is white... let's be honest.

So, 2 innocent homeowners shot by cops, through glass, without announcing their presence and shining flashlights through people's windows, in the past couple months, and one flat out lies about it, and the agency edited the video to make him look better.... Tell me it's not a problem.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's now being reported by news outlets that he's "not cooperating with Police"..

At least he knows he fucked up. Now he gets to lawyer up and enjoy the legal system that was designed to protect the person he shot.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next