Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:00 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 WAC Show Transfer 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

hartcreek wrote:
This 10 day waiting period has effectively gutted gun shows.....maybe another reason to get a FFL for curios and relics.......

Does that work?

Hmmmmmmm

Quote:
To be recognized as C&R items, 478.11 specifies that firearms must fall within one of the following categories:

Firearms which were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas of such firearms;

Firearms which are certified by the curator of a municipal, state, or federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; and

Any other firearms which derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event.

Firearms automatically attain C&R status when they are 50 years old. Any firearm that is at least 50 years old, and in its original configuration, would qualify as a C&R firearm. It is not necessary for such firearms to be listed in ATF's C&R list. Therefore, ATF does not generally list firearms in the C&R publication by virtue of their age. However, if you wish for a classification of your particular firearm under categories 1 or 2 above and wish your item to be listed, you may submit the weapon to the Firearms and Ammunition Technology Division (FATD) for a formal classification.

Im thinking you may be on to something....

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:46 pm

hartcreek wrote:
This 10 day waiting period has effectively gutted gun shows.....maybe another reason to get a FFL for curios and relics.......

This is something I've wanted to know, thanks for enlightening me. I kinda' figured that the days of WAC shows will be over, no more countless vendors selling cool classics and vintage guns, because now what, do the paperwork and despite having a CCW you still cannot take the gun from the show, so now what? So now nobody goes to shows.

Were you at a recent show and was it a ghost town?

Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I will go - and buy cool classics with my C&R.

Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I went today, definitely some classics to be had.

Making the aisles wider didn’t fool me though, it was smaller. This is the “big” one, too.

I picked up a few things, nothing really notable.

It is sad what’s happening.

Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:17 pm

Show seemed pretty good. Some good deals and some same old sellers with overpriced tables. Bought more then I could carry. Might go back today for more.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hartcreek wrote:

I wouldn't say that. I sold a pistol and an evil semi auto assault rifle at the WAC show. Its a bit more of an inconvenience, but not a showstopper. Don't get me wrong, I hate it and am still pissed, but the shows aren't dead just yet.

Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tod wrote:
hartcreek wrote:

This is something I've wanted to know, thanks for enlightening me. I kinda' figured that the days of WAC shows will be over, no more countless vendors selling cool classics and vintage guns, because now what, do the paperwork and despite having a CCW you still cannot take the gun from the show, so now what? So now nobody goes to shows.

Were you at a recent show and was it a ghost town?

Could of fooled me. I had 4 ta bnb les and did great saturday. It was actually busy. Not everyone goes just for guns. I sold a ton of the new croation polymer AK mags. So much so that i had to place another large order.

Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2