Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:25 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Does it feel different THIS time? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If SCOTUS drops an October surprise smackdown on NY and reiterates the incorporation via McDonald it might tip the scales back towards protecting our rights.

Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:47 pm

It definitely feels different. Maybe because of the increased media coverage, online news, social media, increased sensationalism, and overall political bias that’s so “in your face” these days. Idiots now have a platform to be heard, and they’re talking the loudest. Painting us a paranoid, anti “their utopia” villains, who support kids being murdered. Money, influence, and political power is being stacked against us. It’s not about the safety of children. It’s about appeasing the brainwashed masses who think they’ll sleep better at night, distraction from other issues, and control. Best course I can see is to educate those on the fence (without sounding too militant), support organizations that are trying to protect us, vote for the most pro 2A candidates (which is a crap shoot these days unfortunately), buy whatever is on your wish list, and hope for the best. I’ve spent so much time stressing, worrying, being pissed off about it all, that I put serious thought into getting out of the gun game all together. It feels like a losing fight, and makes you miserable at times. But if everyone thought like that, we’d be doomed. So going to keep at it, so all of us, and hopefully the next generation, have the right to defend themselves, and protect themselves for tyranny.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:22 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kick start my heart wrote:
I’ve spent so much time stressing, worrying, being pissed off about it all, that I put serious thought into getting out of the gun game all together. It feels like a losing fight, and makes you miserable at times. But if everyone thought like that, we’d be doomed. So going to keep at it, so all of us, and hopefully the next generation, have the right to defend themselves, and protect themselves for tyranny.

:pray:

I'm right there with you.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:26 am

MadPick wrote:
Kick start my heart wrote:
I’ve spent so much time stressing, worrying, being pissed off about it all, that I put serious thought into getting out of the gun game all together. It feels like a losing fight, and makes you miserable at times. But if everyone thought like that, we’d be doomed. So going to keep at it, so all of us, and hopefully the next generation, have the right to defend themselves, and protect themselves for tyranny.

:pray:

I'm right there with you.

It’s interesting how it can go from being a fun hobby, to an anxiety induced struggle for ones rights. I’d wager we aren’t the only ones who’ve though this way.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:36 am

Yep it does feel different. I go up to the cabin now with and AR and 10 mags in addition to my daily and Bear carry simply because a lot of shit can happen when I am gone for a week. I do not see a national event happening but I do see Insley and the rest of idiots doing something so stupid that someone puts a stop to it while I am up in the sticks and I drive back down to a situation of unrest where a certain element will take advantage.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just feel more and more corporate and billionaire agendas in the mix. It doesn't feel like an outrage of the people. It feels like a coordinated, funded, agenda that is being pushed.

It just seems like politicians and corporations no longer even try to hide their corruption.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:20 am

This country is a knee jerk reaction right now. Ban bump stocks, try to assault weapons, try to ban semi automatic rifles, try to ban pistol braces, try to ban high cap mags, try to ban body armor, try to limit access and make law abiding citizens jump through hoops. At what point do they try to turn enough of folks into felons, that some people stop complying? I’m not promoting breaking the law. Just thinking a lot of law abiding, tax paying, god fearing, red blooded Americans are just finally going to say “fuck it”. Sad to think people will be choosing, possibly for the first time in their lives, to be criminals.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In such a short time how did we go to guns being accepted and cool to horrible PR for the TV crowd?

Just a couple years ago there were as many gun TV shows showcasing gunsmithing skills, to retail shops and even shows about marksmanship and documentaries about guns, designs and their history etc.

Now hollywood wont show/endorse/accept a gun based show opinion AT ALL!!

What happened?

Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
In such a short time how did we go to guns being accepted and cool to horrible PR for the TV crowd?

Just a couple years ago there were as many gun TV shows showcasing gunsmithing skills, to retail shops and even shows about marksmanship and documentaries about guns, designs and their history etc.

What happened?

The AGENDA took over is what happened. Politicians and corporate $$$$$$$$ have taken over our country.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:

What happened?

FFL's without an actual FFL, and scandals involving rape of children certainly didn't help.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2