Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Court rules Seattle can impose income tax 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Did you guys feel that?

I think my house values just went up

I believe mine just did too. Close enough to Seattle for easy commute, close to schools, hospitals and shopping. Still has a suburban feel to it.

Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Did you guys feel that?

I think my house values just went up

and traffic is going to get 100X worse

time to leave

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:43 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

joao01 wrote:
vic_b wrote:
I can see a couple things that may happen.
1. The people of Seattle will finally wake up and vote out, impeach the current city council.
2. Housing is going to get real cheap there.

3. Move out of Seattle and vote that place into the ground also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I disagree. The only thing that's going to happen is like California they will leave and take their failed policies to your town. They will ruin that too with their promises of free shit and by the time people realize their fucked, it's to late.

Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:59 pm

100% agree. We should build a wall around Seattle’s city limits and shoot anyone who tries to leave. They voted for that crappy shithole city council and mayor, let them live in it and quit bothering us.

Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:08 pm

We've seen Seattle use this tactic for other things. Anyone remember the gun control and safe storage they passed?

The city council passes bills they know are illegal under state law and then try to overturn them in the state courts.

If this stands WA is going to lose a big competitive advantage it has over other states for outside companies and people thinking about were to move into.

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:54 pm

Anyone know if this would only effect Seattle residents? I work there but I don't live there. Wouldn't bother me to use this as an excuse to GET OUT.

“Those that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
-Benjamin Franklin

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I didn't look into the details before when they passed it but generally speaking Washington bases taxes on where goods are delivered or work is performed. As a contractor I had to charge based on where the house was located, not my address. I have no idea whether income tax would be the same way. You made the money in the city so maybe you'd have to pay the tax?

Totally a guess. Warranty void if seal is broken, Some assembly required, See store for details...

One thing with the wording the court used has me worried though. The reason they are saying Seattle can do this is because income is property and that they can tax property. If that's just for residents then I guess that answers the above question. What else is property though? Guns? The gun and ammo tax was based on sales but what if they could make you pay an annual property tax. It's speculation, but something to think about

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Greenecho wrote:
Anyone know if this would only effect Seattle residents? I work there but I don't live there. Wouldn't bother me to use this as an excuse to GET OUT.

I would assume this is for organizations which reside within Seattle city limits. That’s the only way they are able to impose city rules/laws.
Kind of like how McDonald’s imposes their rules for franchisees, don’t like the law? Forfeit your franchise. Same concept I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So are they going to start chasing homeless for tax evasion on their panhandling money... If so i'm all for it

Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It just occurred to me that if Seattle has the right to impose an income tax, so do the other cities.....and I live in unincorporated King County....my home value is going to skyrocket....

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:39 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
It just occurred to me that if Seattle has the right to impose an income tax, so do the other cities.....and I live in unincorporated King County....my home value is going to skyrocket....

But No ARs in county.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:

If the city has that authority then so does the county. How long before King County follows Seattle?

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eagle Chaplain wrote:
TINCANBANDIT wrote:

If the city has that authority then so does the county. How long before King County follows Seattle?

dammit man.....way to be a buzz kill

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:35 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
Eagle Chaplain wrote:
TINCANBANDIT wrote:

dammit man.....way to be a buzz kill

Just wanted you to be prepared to sell before the income tax comes and the value is high.

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next