Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:14 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Addicted to your overlords... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
In al honesty, I didnt click this thread earlier because I thought "Overlords" was some new video game or TV show!!

:ROFLMAO:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

:thumbsup2: :bigsmile:

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It occurred to me today...

Civil lawsuits.

You don't have to prove anything criminal. Just that you have been monetarily affected by someone else's actions.

MILLIONS of youtube creators could file these lawsuits.

Someone like Crowder could file multiple suits against youtube, Vox and that masa lisping queer guy.

Even if they all came to nothing. (And I do think that some of them would be successful.) Having millions of lawsuits filed against them would HAVE to be more than just a nuisance.

Quit bending over and playing by outdated rules. Fight back against them in the same way they are doing this. Hit them in the wallet.

I am passing this advice on, in every way I can, every chance I get. Just swamp them with lawsuits.

Do justice. Love mercy.

Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well Jeff, it's not just you (and me) who believe we are at a societal crisis point and that the majority of the public square is held by progressives intent on fundamentally altering the nation.

This guy isn't as optimistic about, and in fact doesn't even mention, start up alternatives to FB, Twitter, Google and etc.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/06/11/no ... d-84003577

He comments on a dispute (between a commentor named Ahmari and the French guy cited in the last article I posted) about the nature of the debate and the methods which should be employed to "win".

"Put simply, Ahmari argued French is simply too nice while we are in a culture war, and to defend liberal public squares and neutral institutions there needs to be some sort of pushback including, if needed, punishment. “The only way is through—that is to say, to fight the culture war with the aim of defeating the enemy and enjoying the spoils in the form of a public square re-ordered to the common good and ultimately the Highest Good,” Ahmari wrote."

"Ahmari contended there’s no public square that the left has not captured, and that hypocrisy needs to be fought. If any idea, person, speech, or opinion that doesn’t conform to the liberal consensus is banned and de-legitimized, there’s no way a benign conservatism can win back an equal space in society."

Ahmari is poised to go militant and employ the weight of the government, even un-constitutionally, to suppress the progressives while French still sees politics as a peaceful and viable solution.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:47 am

I quit faceberg over 12 years ago

Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

But did they quit you?

FJB

Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As much as they’d like you to believe it is, it is not The Public Square.

Someone built a fancy place, complete with carnival rides, freak shows, live music and fried pickles. So it’s enticing to so many, but at the end of the day, it’s their space. To do with and run as they see fit. I mean, that is the purest definition of The Public Square. It’s the Public’s space. None of the aforementioned platforms, regardless of what they think or try to get you to believe, are the Public’s space. It’s akin to standing on someone’s front porch and demanding rights to it. Just as WaGuns is not our space, It’s their space. Period,

Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chains wrote:
As much as they’d like you to believe it is, it is not The Public Square.

Someone built a fancy place, complete with carnival rides, freak shows, live music and fried pickles. So it’s enticing to so many, but at the end of the day, it’s their space. To do with and run as they see fit. I mean, that is the purest definition of The Public Square. It’s the Public’s space. None of the aforementioned platforms, regardless of what they think or try to get you to believe, are the Public’s space. It’s akin to standing on someone’s front porch and demanding rights to it. Just as WaGuns is not our space, It’s their space. Period,

Agreed. Social media may be the new de facto Public Square, but legally speaking, it is very much private, not public. Much as I love to hate on our new overlords, I will defend their right to do with their private platforms as they see fit, just as I wish to retain my right to do as I please with my private space.

Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"...less free speech and more about safety..."

"... need a Data Base on who's been banned and why...'

"we're gonna take this down... it has no business being on the internet..."

FJB

Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe it's time for a Big Tech focused Sherman Act?

https://thefederalist.com/2019/06/14/ma ... 0-84003577

Glen Reynold's new book looks at that.

FJB

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Steven Crowder, love him or hate him, did a segment in front of Google headquarters in Austin TX. THis was about "hate speech" but touched on whether these are platforms or publishers.

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/chang ... speech-qa/

FJB

Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bWfIikxqw0

Do justice. Love mercy.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I met a guy completely in love with his overlords. Well except Trump. Otherwise he is 100% happy with being a subject. And this includes all the "free" abortions you can handle.

Not really shocking.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Didn't know whether to post this here, or in the "the very definition of collusion" thread.

Decided to post it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA9i5NnubPs

Do justice. Love mercy.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next