Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:30 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Miami bounty hunters armed with battering ram storm home 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
Wielding a battering ram, stun guns and crow bars, they stormed the home searching for a fugitive who owed $750 following his arrest for driving with a suspended license. The man, Colas’ 28-year-old cousin Berlin Gabriel, wasn’t there. He hadn’t lived there in 20 years.

The bounty hunters broke down two doors, searched under mattresses and quoted a 147-year-old Supreme Court opinion.

Miami Gardens Police were called to the home three times on the night of May 5, records show.

https://www.miamiherald.com/latest-news ... 92964.html

The homeowner calls the cops reporting trespassers. The cops come and do nothing useful. So then the bounty hunters perform a home invasion. This is why you need firearms for self-defense. The police won't defend you. The second the bounty hunters break down your door and enter your home, you defend yourself, your family, and your property with lethal force.

Sat May 25, 2019 7:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Home owner should've told the cops he'd shoot anyone breaking into his home. Cops would've stuck around then I'd bet.

Sat May 25, 2019 9:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hope they sue the crap out of those agents.
Better yet get print a warrant and bust down the door to the agents houses.
Hope this goes viral and they have lots of personal issues

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Sat May 25, 2019 10:31 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So the home owner is standing there on the porch, watching these people break into his home where he has a 2 yr old?
I dont think I'm being prideful when I say that even unarmed....I would've ripped that guys throat out.

I dont care what kind of gear, badges, or authority you think you've got. If you attack a persons home with children present, you deserve to go home in a body bag.

Sat May 25, 2019 11:55 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I spent a few years as a "Bounty Hunter".. Bail Enforcement Agent. We were VERY well protected by that old law, Taylor v. Taintor. Basically, we could go and do a lot of things under that law in order to track a skip. We had more searching powers than LEA's as well. If we thought that the person was in there, had a tip (regardless how credible), we had the ability under that old law to enter the premises and search.

Is it too broad? Hell yes. Did we use it to our benefit? Hell yes. The main bonus to having that protect us is if we had a suspicion that a skip was at a friends house, somebody who wasn't listed on the bond paperwork... We would be indemnified to go and search for Skippy at buddy's house. 8/10 times, we found him/her. The other 2/10 times, we were close, and just missed Skippy.

We never entered a premises unless we were pretty sure that the suspect was inside, or that we could gain insight as to where they were. Nobody on our team liked going blindly into houses.

That was 20 years ago, a lot less people armed than it seemed. Nowadays, I'd think twice before being as forceful as we were.

Sat May 25, 2019 12:33 pm
Profile WWW

This case is unusual. The usual scenario is that the homeowner is a landlord with a bad tenant. The tenant is somebodies "baby momma" and her child is not the child of her live in boyfriend who is the fugitive trying to evade the bounty hunters.

RockHopper wrote:
So the home owner is standing there on the porch, watching these people break into his home where he has a 2 yr old?
I dont think I'm being prideful when I say that even unarmed....I would've ripped that guys throat out.

I dont care what kind of gear, badges, or authority you think you've got. If you attack a persons home with children present, you deserve to go home in a body bag.

Sat May 25, 2019 4:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]