Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:54 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 The Jussie Smollett hoax reaches its natural endpoint, 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
racism was so dead we could make fun of it in our movies and on TV. Then people realize you can profit off of it.... and... look... racism is 'everywhere'....

I don’t think it was dead (or ever will be). We just made fun of it to deflate it

Now you can’t make fun of anything. These are serious times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This fool really stepped in it. He had what appeared to be a decent career in acting. I didn't even know who he was until last month. I paid little attention to it early on but it's unavoidable now. Is there a community he has not offended?

* Faked a racial hate crime
* Faked a gay hate crime
* Pinned it on white Trump supporters
* Underpaid two black immigrants for the dirty work, using a check he signed
* Was apparently willing and okay with having two white guys arrested and prosecuted (playing it out, let's say the cops brought in two white guys and arrested them...).
* Did a national TV circuit of interviews repeating the lie in great sympathetic detail
* Apparently did the whole hoax for power and money
* Now that he's quite obviously a fraud, he's blaming the Chicago PD for setting him up or not believing him (note the evidence is overwhelming against him; a signed check, the two hired BLACK men buying the items at the local hardware store, video surveillance, and other details).

Unbelievable crash and burn.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:14 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

leadcounsel wrote:
* Was apparently willing and okay with having two white guys arrested and prosecuted (playing it out, let's say the cops brought in two white guys and arrested them...).

The Chicago PD told him that they had brought in two men, and asked him if he was willing to testify against them.

https://pluralist.com/jussie-smollett-t ... ocent-men/

Quote:
“Our sources say early on they asked Jussie if he’d sign complaints against the 2 men who attacked him and he was clear that he would,” TMZ reported Sunday. “But, when he found out the 2 brothers were the ones in custody we’re told he said he knew them, felt bad for them and declined to sign the complaints.”

Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

The Chicago PD told him that they had brought in two men, and asked him if he was willing to testify against them.

Quote:
“Our sources say early on they asked Jussie if he’d sign complaints against the 2 men who attacked him and he was clear that he would,” TMZ reported Sunday. “But, when he found out the 2 brothers were the ones in custody we’re told he said he knew them, felt bad for them and declined to sign the complaints.”

I'm gonna channel captain obvious here...

So he was willing to sign complaints against whatever random two white guys they happened to bring in. But when he discovered it was the actual two brothers who helped him fake it, he didn't want to sign the complaints because he knew they could rat him out.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The problem with racism today, is that so many people have mislabeled it we really don't know when or if it really is happening.

Many times it is an A-hole, being treated like an A-hole and then the A-hole plays the race card and everyone loses their shit

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:24 pm
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Selador wrote:
Spoiler: show
PMB wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

Quote:

So he was willing to sign complaints against whatever random two white guys they happened to bring in. But when he discovered it was the actual two brothers who helped him fake it, he didn't want to sign the complaints because he knew they could rat him out.

This would be enraging, right? That should absolutely blow the collective minds of every person who tweeted out words of support and automatic belief.
I read that several politicians deleted pages and tweets that were sent in support, including some that mentioned the "current climate encouraging hate crimes" with implications that President Trump holds partial blame.

Overall- I see this episode as a good thing for the political dialogue. I may be naive, even ignorant... But I have to believe that a bunch of people had their confirmation bias beat to tatters and therefore can see a few more things clearly now.

The MSM and pundits slobbered so much for this story that they're issuing retractions before their slobber even dried.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
Selador wrote:
Spoiler: show
PMB wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

Quote:

This would be enraging, right? That should absolutely blow the collective minds of every person who tweeted out words of support and automatic belief.
I read that several politicians deleted pages and tweets that were sent in support, including some that mentioned the "current climate encouraging hate crimes" with implications that President Trump holds partial blame.

Overall- I see this episode as a good thing for the political dialogue. I may be naive, even ignorant... But I have to believe that a bunch of people had their confirmation bias beat to tatters and therefore can see a few more things clearly now.

The MSM and pundits slobbered so much for this story that they're issuing retractions before their slobber even dried.

If true intellectually honest people actually stepped back, reflected, and learned some things, then this could be a GOOD thing for the nation and a new dialogue. But that's like asking a cat to stop chasing birds. Or a dog to not chase squirrels. The people are so invested in this narrative they STILL blame whites and Trump supporters for the HOAX because it "could have happened."

On Tucker Carlson tonight, he pointed out that racial crimes are incredibly low and hoaxes are incredibly high. In all of California last year reported there was something like 65 racially motivated crimes. But in a single month before the 2016 election, there were dozens of racially motivated HOAX crimes and all perpetrated against whites and Trump.

Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/j ... llegations
Jussie Smollett indicted on 16 felony counts following Chicago attack allegations
By Mariah Haas | Fox News

Looks like the Grand Jury wasn't too pleased with his hoax. 16 felonies....

Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:party:

Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:thumbsup2:

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:18 pm
Profile WWW

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

What a dumbass.

Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Black? Gay?

He'll walk.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Mr. Smollett is a young man of impeccable character and integrity who fiercely and solemnly maintains his innocence betrayed by a system that apparently wants to skip due process and proceed directly to sentencing.”

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
impeccable character and integrity???? THAT's why he had to make up an attack???? ROFL

Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next