Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:52 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1513, 1514, 1515, 1516, 1517, 1518, 1519 ... 1551  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 

That just means your old :wink05:

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
That just means your old :wink05:

True!

I love how cool my young wife was calling 911. Like an ice box. Damn.

I just was worried some person was down/passed out near the fire or something, I HAD to make sure...........I got close enough............I would have been disturbed if someone BBQ'd as we waited.

And what kind of fuked up house has no hose bib in the back???

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Was finally able to get out on the lake with @O_Kellogg again. Got on the water about 645, went to my favorite place, the first two hours was less than stellar to say the least. We branched out into deeper water fishing 150+’ on a flatline rod, down to 27 OTW and started hitting fish and by 1130 we were done with the limit of 10 (9 according to O_Kellog). I do not blame him for making a quick count because that ice bath the fish get dumped in is freaking frigid.
It’s all good brother, it was a beautiful day, we had a good time and we’re going to eat good for a few nights, that’s all that matters. :wink05:

Attachment:
3723D6E1-B29A-48AE-9DBC-CB63B05805C5.jpeg

Attachment:
F963192E-AD87-4B5F-BE30-63BC963EC073.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, you beat me to the post...

Caveman Jim wrote:
Was finally able to get out on the lake with @O_Kellogg again. Got on the water about 645, went to my favorite place, the first two hours was less than stellar to say the least. We branched out into deeper water fishing 150+’ on a flatline rod, down to 27 OTW and started hitting fish and by 1130 we were done with the limit of 10 (9 according to O_Kellog). I do not blame him for making a quick count because that ice bath the fish get dumped in is freaking frigid.
It’s all good brother, it was a beautiful day, we had a good time and we’re going to eat good for a few nights, that’s all that matters. :wink05:

It was a beautiful day! :bigsmile:
And great to get out with you again! :thumbsup2:

We‘ll do it again, soon!! :patriot:

Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
JohnMBrowning wrote:
Pablo wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
Why is the fire fighter's ethnicity relevant to the story?

Normally not at all

Only reflecting:

a) the fact that this is redneck country (supposedly hahahahaha)
b) in the white people thread there is a post about training people other than white people..........as if there is some kind of barrier to Mexicans and shit

I was going to jump on here and comment about the SJW jumping in to point out the racism....

But the reality is --- in stressful situations like that that move quickly the mind has a way of storing certain details of relevance to recount what happened..... 'Which firefighter was it? It was the mexican one'..... Not because there is a racist bias --- its because there is no other information to store about him --- I'm sure he didn't find out his name afterwards so that he could be identified....

How do you identify or describe a particular person without use of color/race/ethnic/supposed gender properties????
Should I be upset if someone describes me as an old bald white guy with a beer belly with a killer gray beard?
Racism only exists if you go looking for it for the most

part.... And the most racist people are the ones who are always looking for it and call it out..... ie Al Sharpton, the View, any of the LGBT+++ people.... so many more.

True

What struck me most is how young the hose guy was. Looked about 17

Usually the guy packing a fire hose is a darker color, lol!

Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
Usually the guy packing a fire hose is a darker color, lol!

There is some shit that I don't want to know how you found out.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

O_Kellogg wrote:
Well, you beat me to the post...

Caveman Jim wrote:

It was a beautiful day! :bigsmile:
And great to get out with you again! :thumbsup2:

We‘ll do it again, soon!! :patriot:

Indeed we will brother. :bigsmile:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:woohoo:
I won an auction.

Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cant wait till rick starts seeing the lights. :bigsmile:

Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
I won an auction.

Do you weld, bro? If this is your first stab at it, are some community college welding course in your future? Or will it be a trial by fire? (or by spark as it were)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
AR15L wrote:
I won an auction.

Do you weld, bro? If this is your first stab at it, are some community college welding course in your future? Or will it be a trial by fire? (or by spark as it were)

I did weld during the last century. It's been a long time now. I'll get it back again.

Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WOW!
Four Colombian children were found alive Friday after they were missing for over a month from a deadly jungle plane crash, according to the Colombian newspaper El Tiempo.

The children — whose ages range from 11 months to 13 years old — had been passengers on a plane that crashed May 1.
https://www.foxnews.com/world/missing-c ... lane-crash

Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yesterday was the best day of fishing! 8 walleye. Kept 4. Possession limit of 10 attained for the week.
I caught a pb 30" walleye which I released.

Wife caught a monster 40" 14.5 lb Northern would would have been released if it hadn't swallowed the crank bai and fouled its gills.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Them walleye is some mighty fine vittles, nice days catch Brian!

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sitting in my car and hearing a VERY throaty set of engines coming overhead. Couldn't see past the treeline, and had no idea what was coming....but I knew it wasn't something I'd ever heard before. Then miraculously...out popped a B-29 at about 500' altitude. It wasnt in view for long, and although I considered trying to get it on camera....it was just one of those brief moments in time where I just wanted to appreciate it as fully as possible.
The first...and likely only time in my life I'll ever experience that. It was truly awesome, and I'm glad I didn't ruin it for myself by trying to eff with my phone instead of just "being in the moment".

Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 23255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1513, 1514, 1515, 1516, 1517, 1518, 1519 ... 1551  Next