Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:52 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1853, 1854, 1855, 1856, 1857, 1858, 1859 ... 1908  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 

Fuuuuukkkkk..... Bro go the results of his lung biopsy from yesterday --- I was amazed that they got the pathology back this quick --- stage 4 lung cancer - not identified yet - treatable but not curable.......... He's pretty shell shocked right now.... trying to absorb it all... not really talkative....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry to hear that, JB, where does he live?

Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:21 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ugh, that's a rough diagnosis, JMB.

Your brother has a fight ahead of him. Best wishes to him as he navigates this.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That sucks. I know.

Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Big time prayers for your brother.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fuck cancer

Prayers for the fight ahead

Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I need some 5/8" heater hose... Ok, go upfront we need your VIN

What. The. Actually. Fuck.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

stompah wrote:

I laughed.. .twice.... once because it's it's funny, and second because a couple posts above yours is a guy talking about mostly fatal cancer, and there's a nervous laughter when you realize that sometimes, in the grand scheme of things, we bitch about the stupidest shit when there are more pressing/important things to worry/complain about.

Fuck cancer.. and a polite 'What the fuck, dude?' to complaining about heater hose when not that long ago someone posted some devastating news.

One of those times where if I'm saying you should probably listen, because I'm usually the first person guilty of it.... 'Read the room, dude'...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:02 pm

Thanks guys.... sucks that I haven't been able to talk to my brother since the biopsy yesterday --- when he is on the fone he starts coughing uncontrollably - not good for the biopsy wound that needs to heal --- they were FREAKED out when the docs told them that there is a 1 in 3 chance that he would have a collapsed lung....

Bro is up in in MN just north of Duluth --- so save any 'recommendations' - not needed or pertinent.

Makes scoring a really sweet grill seem trivial/pathetic now....

At least I got to tell Sis that he has stage4 and ruin her night ---- she's done this shit to me too many times :bigsmile:

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....

Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:08 pm

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Thanks guys.... sucks that I haven't been able to talk to my brother since the biopsy yesterday --- when he is on the fone he starts coughing uncontrollably - not good for the biopsy wound that needs to heal --- they were FREAKED out when the docs told them that there is a 1 in 3 chance that he would have a collapsed lung....

Bro is up in in MN just north of Duluth --- so save any 'recommendations' - not needed or pertinent.

Makes scoring a really sweet grill seem trivial/pathetic now....

At least I got to tell Sis that he has stage4 and ruin her night ---- she's done this shit to me too many times :bigsmile:
Embrace the suck and have fun with it! I'm not real good with empathy --- but I'm good at making people laff about the shit they are dealing with.... Sucks to be you - deal with it - thats reality. Sis knows it - I don't help (actually I do) but at least I make them laff.

Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:24 pm

Getting up this morning early for no apparent reason.... only to hear my phone ping and see this.... not a good way to start the day.... at least I made coffee first before I read it....

I put it in a spoiler to keep the thread cleaner...
Spoiler: show
Dear Family: Thursday was a tough day at the oncologist. It was a long night and we’re still not ready to talk about it. We Wanted to share the details with everyone before receiving phone calls. The Biopsy results show advanced Stage 4 cancer in the right lung and prognosis wasn’t good. The oncologist said if left untreated, Rick would be gone in 6 months. If he responds to treatment, he can get a few years more but will never be cured. Removing the lung and/or radiation is not an option because of his advanced stage. We can quit at any time. We can get a referral to Mayo, however the treatment won’t change at Mayo with the exception of trial medicines. We will consult with Larry before doing that route. We’re Still waiting for final details on the type of cell we’re dealing with before sending any charts to Larry. Rick has Lots of EKG and tests before his first chemo treatment in two weeks. It will be intravenous. The rest will be through a port. Immunotherapy will be given as well. Nausea meds and port creams have been called into the pharmacy. Good news: They were fully prepared to check Rick into the hospital and were amazed that he’s walking, not needing oxygen, not coughing blood. He’s obviously stronger than what the charts present that he should be right now. But we’re watching for signs of deterioration here at home and will let you know if that changes. So… He’s actually an amazing miracle at this point. We’re still reeling from the news but will gradually find all the positives and be ready for the fight ahead. Hopefully he will respond well to treatments because we plan to live life large in between and after. We’re Feeling tremendous love for all our friends and family. We also believe in miracles so Please Send prayers! Love to all from Rick & Peg. “Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad.” Proverbs 12:25

Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
stompah wrote:

...and a polite 'What the fuck, dude?' to complaining about heater hose when not that long ago someone posted some devastating news.

Yes, it's traumatic for JB and family, but no, I don't think you should censure nor the censor posting by others of their daily travails and annoyances.

JB and fam are in for a long fight. That ordeal, by your standards would end this thread for any other subject. Life goes on for the rest of us who, while we can have empathy for JB (and obviously do), are otherwise not involved. One cannot simply take on the woes of the world. Shite happens to us all and to care so deeply and intimately about every individual -even those we don't know - is impossible.

JB really should start a stand alone thread where he could vent and get the focused help and support he needs without turning a largely unrelated thread into therapy at the cost of all other members' cares and concerns.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:40 am

Finers X'ed and knee-mail being sent for you and yours, JMB.

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JB. Sorry to hear the news of your brother. Prayers sent for you and your family.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Man, May was the start here for sht. My dad had some skin cancer removed, but now he needs a hernia operation, a shoulder operation, and a pacemaker. He just turned 80 in April. Now my wife has a "lump" to get biopsied next week in case its cancerous. Work has been total sht with almost every possible "worst case" situation happening one after another. I don't think I've had more than 24hrs in a row without either bad news that directly affects me or bad news that affects someone I know. Its freaking June, and I'm so ready to end the bad luck already. It seems to not just be me though.

What a sht timeline were in now.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1853, 1854, 1855, 1856, 1857, 1858, 1859 ... 1908  Next