Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:58 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1852, 1853, 1854, 1855, 1856, 1857, 1858 ... 1907  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
Have you called these guys? They should be able to order you the right part in higher than Home Depot quality product.

https://www.ferguson.com/branch/everett ... nt=listing

I haven't --- but I will --- thanks :bow: . Its good that they are 'kinda' close..... these gaskets 'used' to be ~$1 each --- last ones I got were ~$2 --- now it looks like they are going for $3+++. Getting 5-10 at a price break seems like a good idea --- as long as they don't age out before being needed. I'm pretty happy that I bought two the last time I needed one.

I'm gonna pull the current one out and flip it over to see if I can get any more life out of it....

There's also an Ace in Westlake

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/plumbing/toilets/toilet-repair-parts/4696142?x429=true&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic-shopping&utm_campaign=organic-shopping

Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

went to make dinner, pulled out chicken. :cussing: god damn chicken breast..... guess I didn't look hard enough when I pulled the bag out of thighs section. can still taste the dryness in my soup.

Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
went to make dinner, pulled out chicken. :cussing: god damn chicken breast..... guess I didn't look hard enough when I pulled the bag out of thighs section. can still taste the dryness in my soup.

I hate when that happens. :ROFLMAO:

But seriously we pre-cook our chicken breast in a frying pan and cut them into 1” pieces then put them in the soup stock.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Within a 2 hour drive..

3 different sets of cars racing on highway and on street, 100+MPH in each situation, through traffic.

One past 3 police cars who didn't bother pursuing.

Another one past 2 police cars who didn't bother pursuing.

...and a bike going 100+ in/out of traffic.

I don't even know what the point of calling police is if they're literally right there and not doing anything anyway.

I guess that leaves A) Letting them continue their behavior until they end up killing someone, or B) 'Natural' justice.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, I remember going up to a cop when I was a teen. I said, "I just saw a guy [clearly breaking the law can't recall what it was though]", and all I remember was him looking right at me and dead pan saying, "Well I didn't see it." And he just rolled up his window and drove away.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:36 am

I don't know why I never think about Ace and True Value..... its always HD and McLendons....
But at $4 a piece --- thats borderline rape.....
Same thing on amazon for $2.25....
https://www.amazon.com/Korky-427BP-Mans ... 555&sr=8-2
They still don't give the ID/OD to give full confidence that it will work.... and after seeing other listings that say 'for 210/211' that list WRONG ID/OD - I'm cautiously skeptical. After getting the black 'higher quality' one from McLendons that I was told would 'work perfectly and last much longer' --- that was 'almost too thick' to fit in the grooves, stiffer so it had trouble sealing at first, and created black streaks down the bowl --- I'm a bit hesitant to pay more for them and/or deal with returning them back if they suck.

I'll check out Fergusons to see what they have.... but I'm thinking amazon is the way to go --- order one and verify they work and then order three more.

Edit --- realized that Fergusons has a website :facepalm2:
https://www.ferguson.com/category?Ntt=f ... TermSearch

Cool --- $0.77 each - shipping only - only 4 available ----- $15 shipping!!!!!
'New' part # that replaces ^^^ is $6 each!!!!
What I'm guessing is that Mansfield is dumping a bunch of aged stock and replacing it with new stock at a higher price --- was seeing warnings on amazon for their brand as 'non returnable'.....

Think I'm just gonna buy four of the Korkys off of amazon for $10 all in (using my neighbors PRIME) and be done with it....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:51 am

Got a ticket for expired registration. I did the crime, so it's on me, but come on man. I've been expired before, and the cop just rolled his window down at a red light and told me to update. Hopefully I can get it reduced in court after I update.

Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:28 pm

They are not 'supposed' to pull you over for just expired tags......

I hope you told that to the cop :diggin:

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:00 pm

JohnMBrowning wrote:

Really? News to me. Just some kind of an unspoken rule now?

Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

LowLead wrote:
JohnMBrowning wrote:

Really? News to me. Just some kind of an unspoken rule now?

In WA unless you commit murder they can't chase or do squat.

Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Customer gets a quote for Job A. Halfway through, decides that Job A actually entails a hell of a lot more work than initially told. Basically, admitted as little as possible to try to get a lower rate, then came back later with add'l requirements that adds a ton of extra labor and work...

Dishonest people.

You come up and you say 'I need A, B, and C'... You don't sit there and say 'I just need A' then say 'Oh, by the way, It includes B and C too'.

Also, NONE of the paperwork matches, along with giving us numbers that don't match anything else. They just threw a bunch of papers at us and said 'here, you do it'....

Edit: It gets better, they also want B and C split into D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L, and M..... :ROFLMAO:

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Customer gets a quote for Job A. Halfway through, decides that Job A actually entails a hell of a lot more work than initially told. Basically, admitted as little as possible to try to get a lower rate, then came back later with add'l requirements that adds a ton of extra labor and work...

Dishonest people.

You come up and you say 'I need A, B, and C'... You don't sit there and say 'I just need A' then say 'Oh, by the way, It includes B and C too'.

Also, NONE of the paperwork matches, along with giving us numbers that don't match anything else. They just threw a bunch of papers at us and said 'here, you do it'....

Edit: It gets better, they also want B and C split into D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L, and M..... :ROFLMAO:

Well, who is the weak-ass PM that's allowing the customer to walk all over the project and induce massive scope creep?

Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkcavalier wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Dishonest people.

Well, who is the weak-ass PM that's allowing the customer to walk all over the project and induce massive scope creep?

No one. We're billing for it all.

They just caused massive headaches because nothing what they requested is getting done because it has to be reworked differently than originally described, and people are waiting around doing nothing who were planned to do stuff.

They cost themselves about $1800 in labor charges for people standing around doing nothing, over a couple hundred bucks in add'l fees/labor....fees that they still have to pay..

They did nothing but shoot themselves in the foot.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well that’s better. Nothing I hated more as a software PM than arguing over requirements. You signed the document, client!

Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkcavalier wrote:
Well that’s better. Nothing I hated more as a software PM than arguing over requirements. You signed the document, client!

It's just the way it was done...

It wasn't an 'oh shit, we forgot, sorry, here's this that we need'..

It's like it was calculated.... 'OK, now do this'....' ok, now that's done, do this'..... 'Ok, now we need this done too'...

We got 3 orders from these guys.. and all 3 are a complete cluster due to stuff like this.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1852, 1853, 1854, 1855, 1856, 1857, 1858 ... 1907  Next