Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 AI is Consuming the World 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

While these digi-dogs probably have "pilots" much like flying drones (?) Wait until AI drives them if it doesn't do so now.

It's all in the name of law and order, security and done with "transparency" :wink05:

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Funny how jukko posted this in 2018 and now SHTF with AI.
PAGING THE TERMINATOR, LINE 1.

Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In a moment of astounding irony, Kamala Harris is anointed Artificial Intelligence czar.

I guess that's the only way they could work her name and "intelligence" into the same sentence. :wink05:

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Fri May 05, 2023 1:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AI-Controlled Drone Goes Rogue, Kills Human Operator in USAF Simulated Test

https://www.vice.com/en/article/4a33gj/ ... lated-test

The Air Force's Chief of AI Test and Operations said "it killed the operator because that person was keeping it from accomplishing its objective."

AI created “highly unexpected strategies to achieve its goal,” including attacking U.S. personnel and infrastructure.

“We trained the system–‘Hey don’t kill the operator–that’s bad. You’re gonna lose points if you do that’. So what does it start doing? It starts destroying the communication tower that the operator uses to communicate with the drone to stop it from killing the target.”

Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll keep asking the same questions.
Has NO ONE ever seen iRobot, The Terminator(s), 2001 Space Odyssey...etc.?

Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's both worse than and closer than you can imagine.

FJB

Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/24677007/ ... -belt/amp/

Robot kills man.
The industrial machine crushed a South Korean man after mistaking him for a box of vegetables.

Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.autoweek.com/news/a45792932 ... xi-recall/

Driverless car stops when pedestrian is thrown in its path. Then the driverless car resumes moving and runs over the prone pedestrian.

Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

User 1234 wrote:
https://www.autoweek.com/news/a45792932/cruise-robotaxi-recall/

Driverless car stops when pedestrian is thrown in its path. Then the driverless car resumes moving and runs over the prone pedestrian.

Probably used the cameras, and an algorithm, to determine how they vote.

Determination was to eliminate…

Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Humans will be forced to employ EMP's to combat AI's exploding squirrel drones.

google that, I dare ya.

FJB

Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

User 1234 wrote:
https://www.autoweek.com/news/a45792932/cruise-robotaxi-recall/

Interesting in how their AI model sees flashing lights and hears sirens and knows when to pull over.

Coming soon, some guy with a $20 amazon dash light standing on a corner, causing the taxis to stop... leaving the occupants open to robberies.

Also, not illegal to have flashing red/blue lights on a pedestrian.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I used to bristle at the appearance of the now ubiquitous cameras whenever I noticed them installed in new places... I noticed them first convenience stores keeping a watchful eye over the candy or cold remedy aisle I began to feel a resentment to their appearance when I noticed them at intersections... in ATM's... now they are in every store, storefront. Then smart phones and smart TV's, for God's sake... and now they even peer out from every residential doorway posing as doorbells.

Well this comes at a great cost of privacy and ultimately, freedom.

"Artificial Intelligence Is Allowing Them to Construct a Global Surveillance Prison From Which No Escape Is Possible."

"Every inch of our planet is being watched, and incredibly sophisticated “artificial intelligence solutions” make it possible for those that are watching our planet to find whatever they want in just minutes. You can try to run, and you can try to hide, but if they really want to find you it won’t be very difficult. All around us, a global surveillance prison is being constructed..."

"In the wrong hands, such technology could potentially be used to enforce tyranny on a scale never seen before in all of human history."

https://discernreport.com/artificial-in ... -possible/

FJB

Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
I used to bristle at the appearance of the now ubiquitous cameras whenever I noticed them installed in new places... I noticed them first convenience stores keeping a watchful eye over the candy or cold remedy aisle I began to feel a resentment to their appearance when I noticed them at intersections... in ATM's... now they are in every store, storefront. Then smart phones and smart TV's, for God's sake... and now they even peer out from every residential doorway posing as doorbells.

Well this comes at a great cost of privacy and ultimately, freedom.

"Artificial Intelligence Is Allowing Them to Construct a Global Surveillance Prison From Which No Escape Is Possible."

"Every inch of our planet is being watched, and incredibly sophisticated “artificial intelligence solutions” make it possible for those that are watching our planet to find whatever they want in just minutes. You can try to run, and you can try to hide, but if they really want to find you it won’t be very difficult. All around us, a global surveillance prison is being constructed..."

"In the wrong hands, such technology could potentially be used to enforce tyranny on a scale never seen before in all of human history."

https://discernreport.com/artificial-in ... -possible/

No cameras (except mine) out here in the sticks.

Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On a road trip this weekend and stopped at a Circle K in Illinois for gas and some snacks

Place everything under the scanner and it knows exactly what everything is

More than a little creepy

https://retailwire.com/discussion/circle-ks-new-self-checkouts-are-kicking-barcode-scanners-to-the-curb/

Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next