Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:24 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Trump delivered, let's see some apologies and thanks 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

More than just the NY case, SCOTUS has now granted cert to 4 major gun cases including ones covering:
-Semi auto ban
-Magazine ban
-Public carry law (beyond NY case so I'm thinking either national reciprocity or national constitutional carry)

Hat tip to Dave Workman
https://www.ammoland.com/2022/07/scotus ... z7XQpl2Mp8

I want to remind all of you that this is because of Trump.

I saw this coming from way back when Gorsuch began writing dissents from failures to get certiorari on semi auto ban appeals. I saw this coming way back when Kavanaugh was selected and his main thing was saying semi autos were protected by the 2nd amendment when he was on the DC Circuit and he personally got to rule on one of the aspects of the Heller case.

A lot of people here who badmouthed Trump and said he didn't do anything for gun owners have some serious crow to eat and everyone here owes Trump some major thanks.

Our rights are preserved because of him. He was likely the only candidate who could have beaten Hillary.
You remember her, the candidate who promised to reverse Heller and end gun ownership as we know it in the USA and make it a "collective right" that only applied to the military.

And yet now we are on the verge of having most modern bad gun laws tossed out completely.

Thank you President Trump. We owe you.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:08 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Agreed, Trump and the Republican Senate put us in a position where this could happen.

With that said, some bad shit was done under Trump as well, such as the federal bump stock ban … which is ironic, since that ban is probably unconstitutional by at least two measures, given the recent Supreme Court rulings.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I will glady thank Trump for the all the good he has done BUT I will never forgive him for his tanning habits, those two moon sized white spots around his eyes from the goofy tanning bed eyepro were just terrible and you could see them from Mars…

Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I never hated some of the good things he did.

But what actual fuk is with some of his other picks? STUPID STUPID STUPID.

He's a lightning rod and a NY buffoon. I will never vote for him again. Let's all primary him and vote in a REAL CONSERVATIVE.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:

He's a lightning rod and a NY buffoon. I will never vote for him again. Let's all primary him and vote in a REAL CONSERVATIVE.

DeSantis 2024! Trump did some great but he got played like a fucking fiddle. He'll get played again.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eddie Dean wrote:
Pablo wrote:

DeSantis 2024! Trump did some great but he got played like a fucking fiddle. He'll get played again.

THIS!! :bow:

Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:46 am

Have to agree, I could never vote for him again. If only he could have controlled his mouth and itchy Twitter finger... Hopefully, Desantis 2024!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been a NAV since right before Bush's second term. Personally I'd like to see a DeSantis/Gabbard ticket but that's just me. In my own ideal world, I think those two would be awesome.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, let's go back to getting nice, polite candidates who quietly let the media and libs insult and ignore them (alternating style) so we can go back to quietly and politely losing like McCain, Romney, etc.

Trump won because of his vices. He's not nice and he's a bit of a loose cannon but that's why he won given that he was outspent 2 to 1 on advertising. He's a fighter and that's why the libs and the media hate and despise him and why they've been trying to take him down since before he was even swore in. They vowed to impeach him before he even took office, I think that's the first time in history that's ever happened.

I once asked those who didn't like Trump if they could name a politician they agreed with 100%, never got an answer. Still waiting.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the amazing.

DeSantis is good, but he doesn't have Trump's charisma or ability to punch and hit people hard. It's a shame that many conservatives have gotten so used to being on defense and being insulted and mocked and never being allowed to fight back that the notion of a real fighter is offensive to them.

Remember, if Hillary had won Heller would have been reversed by now. Legal gun ownership in America would have been over by now. Think about that.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Last edited by Alpine on Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Yes, let's go back to getting nice, polite candidates who quietly let the media and libs insult and ignore them (alternating style) so we can go back to quietly and politely losing like McCain, Romney, etc.

Trump won because of his vices. He's not nice and he's a bit of a loose cannon but that's why he won given that he was outspent 2 to 1 on advertising. He's a fighter and that's why the libs and the media hate and despise him and why they've been trying to take him down since before he was even swore in. They vowed to impeach him before he even took office, I think that's the first time in history that's ever happened.

I once asked those who didn't like Trump if they could name a politician they agreed with 100%, never got an answer. Still waiting.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the amazing.

Aggressive does not have to equal idiocy.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well I guess the Jan 6 smear committee did its job then. Hope everyone is ready for a demonrat to win in 2024 and pack the court and reverse everything we've gotten and are about to get starting around 2025 and after.

I remember early on in Trump's presidency it wasn't hard to show most people the media and Dems would outright lie about him and what he said and what he did. Take for instance his speech about Charlottesville. He never called white supremacists good people or claimed that "there were good people on both sides" with the intent to include white supremacists in that (he excepted them from that) but the media cut it up and edited it and lied about it for years even when people would post the full clip. Then that same sort of thing started happening with everything that he did and soon it was a tidal wave of never ending lies about him.

The same thing is happening with the election stuff. It took years to get the video and cellphone data for the mules and by then lots of people here have swallowed the libs' lie that nothing bad happened despite the evidence. They point to court decisions that were made because it was right afterward and the evidence wasn't available.

Once the libs figure out they can do this about any effective candidate who opposes them they'll do it every time. Wake up.

Why do you think they wanted to take Trump down so badly? In 2016 the libs were bragging that because they thought due to "changing demographics" that they'd never lose an election ever again. Of course they want to go back to the traditional political system of conservatives having boring candidates who don't excite the base and won't fight back and quietly lose.

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by Alpine on Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Well I guess the Jan 6 smear committee did its job then. Hope everyone is ready for a demonrat to win in 2024 and pack the court and reverse everything we've gotten and are about to get starting around 2025 and after.

Most don't give a damn about J6. I don't know anybody on either side of the political aisle who has paid any attention to the stupid mock trial. It's all political theater and a distraction from what's really going on. I voted for The Donald twice. If DeSantis ends up being the primary one, he's got my vote. He's more levelheaded than Donald. If Donald ends up being the nominee, then I'll vote for him. However, I would prefer DeSantis.

What Donald's tenure showed is both parties are working against We The People.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have to agree with Alpine on this.

On a personal level, I don't like Trump, didn't even way before he ran. He's an egotistical buffoon.

BUT...that bravado, loud mouth and brash way is exactly what was needed to connect with normal people.

He became the obnoxious person to represent how a lot of us felt and were to polite to be.

While he definitely made some dumbass moves and made some even dumber statements, I genuinely feel he had the American way of life and America first mindset.

Was he the ideal 2A candidate/President? NO...but he damn sure had the right intent by getting 3...yes 3, conservative judges on the SCOTUS...that in and of itself is the grand prize for his administration. Because without that, Alpine's scenario of a Hillary presidency would be a sad and dismal reality.

Was Trump perfect? Oh hell no...but we coulda done a lot worse.

-- Travis A Kisner

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Well I guess the Jan 6 smear committee did its job then.

My attitude about Trump simply has not changed since at least 2016. Bold assumption on your part. Not logical.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

foothills wrote:

Was Trump perfect? Oh hell no...but we coulda done a lot worse.

As a baker once said… “the proof is in the pudding”

Sadly we are far worse off with our current president in every aspect of life.

So bring him back!
America can’t take this for too long. The current state of affairs is a threat to all that is good.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next