Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Supply Chain Bottlenecks & Shipping Problems- 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FYI, I just quoted some single-phase pad mounts and the lead time has grown to 178 weeks, (almost 3.5 years)

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:22 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/w ... ck-200-oil
I remember during the GWOT people were saying the economy couldn't handle $100/bbl oil but it somehow did. I remember gas got up to $4.25/gal which was quite high. Well, $200/bbl? WOW.

If we only had sources in the country, e.g. Alaskan oil, fracking, that could make up for the shortfall and bring prices down.

From the article:
And here is the punchline: at the current record pace of SPR drainage, one way or another the Biden admin will have to end its artificial attempts to keep the price of oil lower some time in October (or risk entering a war with China over Taiwan with virtually no oil reserve). This means that unless Putin ends his war some time in the next 5 months, there is a non-trivial chance that oil will hit a record price around $200 - precisely the price the White House is bracing for - a few days before the midterms. Which translates into $10+ gasoline.

Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

California's new law AB 5 takes effect this week. It outlaws independent truckers?

https://naturalnews.com/2022-07-05-truc ... roads.html

"Matt Schrap, the CEO of the Harbor Trucking Association, which represents drayage companies, issued a brief but harsh statement in response to the high court’s decision.

“It is extremely unfortunate that this Court couldn’t see through their own political agenda to identify the obvious preemption that exists under the F4A,” he wrote in an email to FreightWaves. “This ruling will have far reaching impacts that will upend the industry as we know it. Tens of thousands of truck drivers will be driven out of established business relationships within a week. No doubt this will further stress the supply chain.”

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I saw that, could they make independent truckers employees to get around?

Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:
I saw that, could they make independent truckers employees to get around?

Maybe but that isn't going to work long term.
The idiots that run CA are just stupid enough to have spawned our lovely VP who just said yet another stupid thing from the mics. Why they don't hide her in a closet is beyond me.
Anyway back to the topic.
I'm feeling better and better about grabbing some extra cases of canned meat last month. May have to reduce the supplies I have for sale at cost and just plan to keep some more of what I have stashed.
May also take a look at stock piling some more veggies and fruit. The problem is where to use the ready cash I have so many options.

I hope the state of CA just shuts down and let the chaos ensue for a few days. Clean out the cesspool that is the state. Maybe they will catch a clue and remove all tghose fools in the Demo party. With all the fraud not likely but maybe there will be such a swell they can't overcome.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CA is gone. For years they've eyed WA's mail in voting system with jealously and now that they finally have it no Dems will ever lose major elections there again.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/hundreds-california-truckers-block-oakland-terminal-access-protest-ab5

Quote:
After a slow showing early Monday morning, an estimated 400 owner-operators managed to shut down truck traffic at all three terminals at the Port of Oakland on Monday to protest California’s controversial independent contractor law, AB5.

By Monday afternoon, the SSA, TraPac and Everport terminals announced there would be no night shift hours as the protesting owner-operators were only allowing around two company trucks per hour into the terminal gates throughout the day. On average, 250 trucks an hour would flow through the terminals on a typical work day.

Matt Schrap, CEO of the Harbor Trucking Association, who was in Oakland on Monday, lauded the demonstration.

“It was very impressive to see the power of social media on display at the Port of Oakland today,” Schrap told FreightWaves. “We watched the protests grow organically in a matter of a few days and brought together hundreds of individuals who feel they are being disproportionately impacted by this law.”

He said clarification is needed about how AB5 will be enforced and how to ensure owner-operators comply with the law. AB5 seeks to limit the use of independent contractors and largely classify them as employee drivers.

The HTA is a coalition of intermodal carriers serving the three major California ports, including Los Angeles/Long Beach and Oakland.

Oakland protestors, who own their own rigs and currently choose which loads they want to take, don’t want to work as company drivers as many would be forced to do under AB5.

Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:15 am

Get ready to lose your shit......
"Joe Biden may consider declaring a climate emergency this week by issuing an executive order."

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/0 ... ency-week/

As if shit isn't bad enough already ---- Joe will take more wells offline and prevent importing oil....
He really is destroying We The People.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Get ready to lose your shit......
"Joe Biden may consider declaring a climate emergency this week by issuing an executive order."

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/0 ... ency-week/

As if shit isn't bad enough already ---- Joe will take more wells offline and prevent importing oil....
He really is destroying We The People.

He could fix everything by declaring August Climate Emergency MONTH.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TLDW;

Shippers are avoiding west coast ports, especially POLA and POLB, due to concerns over labor and strikes.

Freight prices are half what they were this time last year.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

TLDW;

Shippers are avoiding west coast ports, especially POLA and POLB, due to concerns over labor and strikes.

Freight prices are half what they were this time last year.

Yep. As soon as we got a taste of the cluster in LA and Oakland, we started sending everything to Seattle and/or Tacoma. We still got stuck dealing with the containers that were already in transit, and what a nightmare that was. But at least that only lasted about 6 weeks.

Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:42 pm

Get ready for the NEXT supply chain nightmare....

In an already fragile economy with inflation at 40-year highs, out of control government spending and broken supply chains, major freight railroads are preparing for a possible strike and service disruption as a September 16th deadline looms. The supply chain disaster under the Biden administration is poised to become even worse.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/0 ... llion-day/

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/rail-shutdown-looms-large-even-congress-steps

Quote:
So it begins: on Wednesday afternoon, Amtrak said it will cancel all long distance trains starting Thursday, September 15 “to avoid possible passenger disruptions while enroute” as White House-led talks between freight-rail companies and unions continued in a race to avoid a rail-system shutdown Friday.

“Such an interruption could significantly impact intercity passenger rail service, as Amtrak operates almost all of our 21,000 route miles outside the Northeast Corridor on track owned, maintained, and dispatched by freight railroads,” the company said in a statement Wednesday, adding that it has already started phased adjustments which "include canceling all Long Distance trains and could be followed by impacts to most State- Supported routes”

“Adjustments are necessary to ensure trains can reach their terminals before freight railroad service interruption if a resolution in negotiations is not reached”

Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:19 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Thankfully Biden made a call in the middle of the night and averted the strike...

https://komonews.com/news/local/railway-strike-averted-after-tentative-agreement-reached-biden-announces-overnight

Quote:
SEATTLE — A tentative deal reached overnight between railroads and union reps, President Joe Biden announced overnight, averted a strike that could have shut down railway lines across the country.

The two sides had been at the table for 20 hours, Biden said.

A strike could have been catastrophic for the economy and people commuting to work in Seattle and throughout the nation.

The announcement means store shelves should stay stocked and American goods will make it to ports of export. According to the Association of American Railroads, a strike would take $2 billion a day out of the American economy.

Oh, wait.... there is more.... for those who only read the headlines.....

Quote:
The agreement announced this morning does not mean the threat of a strike has been completely averted.

Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:02 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not gonna profess to knowing the details of demands but Joe has the easy side. Just give them taxpayer money.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next