Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:44 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PLEASE READ: 7/1/22 mag ban effect on classifieds 
Site Admin
Site Admin

zombie66 wrote:
To the Admins here I have read the above document and have submitted my electronic signature to verify I understand the OP.

Thanks. Received.

FYI to others wondering, we only require this of the mod team. The rest of you don't need to worry about it.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:51 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

MadPick wrote:
zombie66 wrote:
To the Admins here I have read the above document and have submitted my electronic signature to verify I understand the OP.

Thanks. Received.

FYI to others wondering, we only require this of the mod team. The rest of you don't need to worry about it.

I am just wondering how in the hell Zombie66 got to be a Mod.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

True, that - like giving a baby nitroglycerine for teething.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:01 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

MadPick wrote:
RocketScott wrote:
UpDog wrote:
RocketScott wrote:
Keep in mind many of us are outside of WA and can legally buy and sell standard mags

So use a classifieds that doesn’t have WA in its name.
If someone in WA wants to sell standard capacity mags they can list them for export only

Agreed. The bottom line is that we need to comply with the law. So if a legal transfer of mags is advertised, such as for sale to people outside of WA only, then that's fine.

So im not so sure....

I listen to talk radio probably too much.

I thought I heard its Illegal to transfer one of those by a Wa resident in any way.

Which I took as including shipping it out of state.

Part of the original Bill

Quote:
AN ACT Relating to establishing firearms-related safety measures
2 to increase public safety by prohibiting the manufacture, possession,
3 distribution, importation, selling, offering for sale, purchasing, or
4 transfer of large capacity magazines, by allowing continued
5 possession of large capacity magazines limited to possession prior
6 to, and inheritance on or after, the effective date of this act,
7 subject to certain restrictions on the ability to sell or transfer

https://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium ... 0627094704

Offering for sale by a Wa Resident in its self is illegal...seems pretty cut n dry????

Does anyone have the law as writen/passed ?

Here is more....

Quote:
(e) The possession, offer for sale, sale, importation, or
8 transfer of a large capacity magazine by a dealer that is properly
9 licensed under federal and state law where the dealer acquires the
10 large capacity magazine from a person legally authorized to possess
11 or transfer the large capacity magazine for the purpose of selling or
12 transferring the large capacity magazine to a person who does not
reside in this state;

Kinda looks like you have to be FFL to sell to out of state resident....

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If I sell something I have standard capacity mags for, and I have no further use for the mags?
I'll follow someone else's advice on that.

I would inform the buyer I have to throw them away.
In that dumpster.....right over there.
In this bag...

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
12 transferring the large capacity magazine to a person who does not
reside in this state

WTF??????
A Wahhhh resident can't sell a 20 round (standard capacity) mag to someone who lives in a free state?
What kind of stupid nonsense is this?
First off, they aren't allowed to snoop in the mail.
Second, it's going to a state that allows such nasty oversize mags. So really, who gives a fuck?!?
Third, anyone with two brain cells won't be selling their nasty oversize mags to start with.

Sorry but you guys live in a fucked up state.

Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the helpful post, we hadn’t already realized that WA has some worthless anti-freedom laws. Please ensure you remind us at least once a week.

Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

User 1234 wrote:
Thanks for the helpful post, we hadn’t already realized that WA has some worthless anti-freedom laws. Please ensure you remind us at least once a week.

:plusone:

In other words, STFU Rick.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:48 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I'm afraid unless there's a regime change Murray included, or at least a balance in this state,.... the camels nose is fully under the tent flap.

Looking forward to the day Jay pushes the same law on the high cap firearm....Banned the mag...so who needs the other component, its useless.

He actually has banned hi cap firearms.

Next week go to Cabellas and buy a G17.....and get no mag??? Or can Cabellas transfer the one mag, or two if it comes new with two in the box.?

.....he crushed the 30 dollar tab bill we passed so whats to keep him from forcing the next step.

Like an impending storm, you can smell the rain before it actually starts to fall.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Banning the sale, even to those out of state, is a defacto 'taking', as it prevents one from realizing the value of the item you own.

This alone should be enough to challenge the law, and at minimum, require compensation by the state for anyone wishing to sell their magazines.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Banning the sale, even to those out of state, is a defacto 'taking', as it prevents one from realizing the value of the item you own.

This alone should be enough to challenge the law, and at minimum, require compensation by the state for anyone wishing to sell their magazines.

...4~5 years later is when they'll get around to looking at it.

Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Agreed. The bottom line is that we need to comply with the law. So if a legal transfer of mags is advertised, such as for sale to people outside of WA only, then that's fine.

So im not so sure....

I thought I heard its Illegal to transfer one of those by a Wa resident in any way.

Part of the original Bill...

Here's the part:

Quote:
(2) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to any of the following:

(c) The distribution, offer for sale, or sale of a large capacity magazine to or by a dealer that is properly licensed under federal and state law where the dealer acquires the large capacity magazine from a person legally authorized to possess or transfer the large capacity magazine for the purpose of selling or transferring the large capacity magazine to a person who does not reside in this state.

An individual may 'distribute' to a dealer that is properly licensed for the purpose of transferring it out of state

Someone could list a gun for sale here and list the mags they have for that gun. If someone local buys it they have to meet at an FFL to transfer it. At the same time the seller could arrange for the dealer to send the mags to an out of state buyer. A seller could also offer to mail the gun and mags to an out of state FFL to transfer to the buyer, that should satisfy this exemption

Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:49 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

RocketScott wrote:
WaJim wrote:
MadPick wrote:

So im not so sure....

Part of the original Bill...

Here's the part:

Quote:
(2) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to any of the following:

(c) The distribution, offer for sale, or sale of a large capacity magazine to or by a dealer that is properly licensed under federal and state law where the dealer acquires the large capacity magazine from a person legally authorized to possess or transfer the large capacity magazine for the purpose of selling or transferring the large capacity magazine to a person who does not reside in this state.

An individual may 'distribute' to a dealer that is properly licensed for the purpose of transferring it out of state

Someone could list a gun for sale here and list the mags they have for that gun. If someone local buys it they have to meet at an FFL to transfer it. At the same time the seller could arrange for the dealer to send the mags to an out of state buyer. A seller could also offer to mail the gun and mags to an out of state FFL to transfer to the buyer, that should satisfy this exemption

Yep,

But the way I also read it you can sell mags to out of state buyer...but only through FFL.

AAAAAAND when they leave...

There's no bringing those mags back in state.

Was at an FFL today, asked about the purchase of new firearm that comes with mags...the New mags with gun thing.

FFL can sell the gun to a customer...but what about the mags.

They didnt have a clear answer either.

AND THURSDAY IS THE LAST DAY....

The new law isnt very clear.

Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's ridiculous they won't prosecute heroin or burglary but they'll throw people in prison for large pieces of plastic. Why the fuck should they expect people to obey this law when they don't enforce many other laws?

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next