Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1429, 1430, 1431, 1432, 1433, 1434, 1435 ... 1549  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's about 4 hours for both locations from Lawton.

Wed May 18, 2022 4:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Found the final part I need for my Model TT truck! Incoming from central virginia.

Sun May 22, 2022 6:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
Found the final part I need for my Model TT truck! Incoming from central virginia.

:thumbsup2: What was the part?

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun May 22, 2022 6:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Arisaka wrote:

:thumbsup2: What was the part?

Double bump! :thumbsup2:

Sun May 22, 2022 6:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Express gears, for the differential. 5:1 ratio vs 7:1 for factory gears. I should get upwards of 45 mph in overdrive. Doesn’t sound fast, but from the factory the TT topped out at 15 mph.

Sun May 22, 2022 8:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yup got this today/yesterday
It wasn't cheap but it made my day.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 22, 2022 8:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Saturday evening at a small area that normally yields only 22lr and Sunday morning at the big pit the wife and I picked up just shy of 4,000 pieces of brass from a place I rarely visit due to logging roads, was well worth the drive in the AWD Subaru. :bigsmile:
Most all the 223/556 were shot suppressed so pretty dirty. This group of three shooters were out past 11pm when we left, obviously with NV ringing steel targets.
Attachment:
AA8B7297-96C7-4F93-A044-30BB4729F105.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sun May 22, 2022 8:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
Express gears, for the differential. 5:1 ratio vs 7:1 for factory gears. I should get upwards of 45 mph in overdrive. Doesn’t sound fast, but from the factory the TT topped out at 15 mph.

I was $1k down at the swapmeet... for me that is a plus. i came in with a $700 bill for a quarter panel and other stuff i ordered from Biscay's Muscle car parts for my '65 el camino and i sent the hoops for my dads's, now my '47 indian chief off for chrome($600 for the pair)

So i pretty much broke even on everything else i bought and sold, but i lost my ass on this optional already ordered stuff. I free'd up a ton of floor space in my shop since i flipped the heavy or bulky stuff and replaced it with stuff i need or rare crap

You should have looked at the Graham supercharger across from my booth for that model t... They arent the best setup, they apparently only pull 5lbs of pressure but people used them on a lot of flathead ford model a's and v8's in the day... He told me $300 on friday.

Sun May 22, 2022 11:42 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

shaggy wrote:
Arisaka wrote:

I was $1k down at the swapmeet... for me that is a plus. i came in with a $700 bill for a quarter panel and other stuff i ordered from Biscay's Muscle car parts for my '65 el camino and i sent the hoops for my dads's, now my '47 indian chief off for chrome($600 for the pair)

So i pretty much broke even on everything else i bought and sold, but i lost my ass on this optional already ordered stuff. I free'd up a ton of floor space in my shop since i flipped the heavy or bulky stuff and replaced it with stuff i need or rare crap

You should have looked at the Graham supercharger across from my booth for that model t... They arent the best setup, they apparently only pull 5lbs of pressure but people used them on a lot of flathead ford model a's and v8's in the day... He told me $300 on friday.

Yup they put them on milk trucks...v belt driven similar to a diesel Roots Blower.

Used Turbochargers too.....I think...mounted flat under the carburetors

Odd looking ducks.....but cool.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon May 23, 2022 6:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
Saturday evening at a small area that normally yields only 22lr and Sunday morning at the big pit the wife and I picked up just shy of 4,000 pieces of brass from a place I rarely visit due to logging roads, was well worth the drive in the AWD Subaru. :bigsmile:
Most all the 223/556 were shot suppressed so pretty dirty. This group of three shooters were out past 11pm when we left, obviously with NV ringing steel targets.
Attachment:
AA8B7297-96C7-4F93-A044-30BB4729F105.jpeg

That's a good haul. Did you use some sort of sifter or pick it all up by hand? Must of taken some time. I really wish I could find one of the 30 carbine lee pocket loaders, but just when i decided to buy one they discontinued that model and the ones on ebay are very scarce and not cheap.

Mon May 23, 2022 10:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lived on less than 3 hours of sleep a day for 4 days straight just so we could shove in as much of the sights of NASCAR stuff and visit our new ambulance remount facility in Mineral Wells, and back to work dead barely functioning...
Had the good corporate and team sponsor pass, walked around the garages and haulers bullshiting with crews and owners, watched part of the race right next to a driver pit stall I'm not entirely fond of, but my idiot kid likes, couldn't see much so moved to the stands later.
I raced for a lot of years and not once had the desire to go to a race in this day and age, but found out if you avoid the general public and hang out with the team it's just another day with like minded gun loving Biden hating folks.
Will probably go again, Bristol or one of the older tracks and might take up the invite for a Indy race.
Only bad side was trying to get my brother out of the house, he was supposed to go on this trip too, but thanks to the wonderful health care provided by the VA, he keeps getting more messed up than what he had when going in for surgery. I swear it's either doctors practicing on people that don't have the ability to hire a lawyer and sue the fuckers, or doctors that can't make it in the civilian healthcare system.. And he wonders why I won't go to the VA for shit.

Tue May 24, 2022 7:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Made bread for the first time.

So tasty!

"The New Artisanal Bread in Five Minutes a Day"

Tue May 24, 2022 4:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SporkBoy wrote:

So tasty!

You know sporky we have a wagrubs thread. :wink05:

Tue May 24, 2022 4:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

STED9R wrote:
Lived on less than 3 hours of sleep a day for 4 days straight just so we could shove in as much of the sights of NASCAR stuff and visit our new ambulance remount facility in Mineral Wells, and back to work dead barely functioning...
Had the good corporate and team sponsor pass, walked around the garages and haulers bullshiting with crews and owners, watched part of the race right next to a driver pit stall I'm not entirely fond of, but my idiot kid likes, couldn't see much so moved to the stands later.
I raced for a lot of years and not once had the desire to go to a race in this day and age, but found out if you avoid the general public and hang out with the team it's just another day with like minded gun loving Biden hating folks.
Will probably go again, Bristol or one of the older tracks and might take up the invite for a Indy race.
Only bad side was trying to get my brother out of the house, he was supposed to go on this trip too, but thanks to the wonderful health care provided by the VA, he keeps getting more messed up than what he had when going in for surgery. I swear it's either doctors practicing on people that don't have the ability to hire a lawyer and sue the fuckers, or doctors that can't make it in the civilian healthcare system.. And he wonders why I won't go to the VA for shit.

Jesus! Hope that lack of sleep was worth it! Was that in Nawth Carolina?

Tue May 24, 2022 5:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SporkBoy wrote:

So tasty!

"I'D EAT THAT AT MY AGE!"

I used to make my own sour doe bread for years until we went keto diet!

Tue May 24, 2022 5:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1429, 1430, 1431, 1432, 1433, 1434, 1435 ... 1549  Next