Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:22 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 31  Next
 The OK Thread! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... aws-520311

LOVE COUNTY, Okla. — Shortly after sunrise on July 22, a dozen or so police officers from across Oklahoma descended on a property about 15 miles north of the Texas border. They moved past the fence with the “No Trespassing” signs and the pink building with the aluminum roof toward a collection of hoop houses. They didn’t know much about the occupants, although the cops strongly suspected they were of Chinese descent.

Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Such illegal activities among Chinese descent on the US soil are always controlled by Chinese government.

Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:
Oklahoma is on my short list because of the above statements. :thumbsup2:
Wanting to get back on into the hunting and fishing of my youth.

Does every house have or need a storm seller?

Depends were you are at. A year ago (April 2020-ish) friends/co-workers had $40k worth of hail damage I didn't get a drop.
60% or better disability rating $25 or less for lifetime hunting/fishing. Very VET friendly.

Agreed, some are luckier than others.
Is that 60% service connected?

Yes.

Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Advocates for legalized marijuana in Oklahoma won a public referendum three years ago by arguing that it would eliminate the illicit market. Instead, the state has become a magnet for illegal marijuana cultivation operations and other bad actors, exposing the tension between twin conservative impulses toward free enterprise and harsh punishment of drug offenses, Politico reports. In rural Oklahoma, raids have become common, like the one in July at the property of Zhimou Chen and Chong Chen. Officers confiscated more than 2,300 marijuana plants that have an estimated street value of $3.5 million, and $65,000 cash. The Chens are being charged with cultivation of an illegal controlled substance because, although marijuana is a legal substance in Oklahoma, the farm did not have a valid license."
https://crimeandjusticenews.asu.edu/new ... ana-market

Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow. And that's just the ones they "found". I think a lot of county, city govt and LE (yeah I said it) make money off the industry; whether black market or legit, there are plenty of a enues for gain.

In other news: OK governor moves up appointment of Nat'l Guard Commandant. Former head of the Guard, a pro-vaccination guy, replaced with an anti-vaxxer (to be fair, he may just be an advocate of personal choice).

This immediately on the heels of Resident Xiden's pp being slapped by SCOTUS over the mandate .

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/okla ... mpaign=275

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
"Advocates for legalized marijuana in Oklahoma won a public referendum three years ago by arguing that it would eliminate the illicit market. Instead, the state has become a magnet for illegal marijuana cultivation operations and other bad actors, exposing the tension between twin conservative impulses toward free enterprise and harsh punishment of drug offenses, Politico reports. In rural Oklahoma, raids have become common, like the one in July at the property of Zhimou Chen and Chong Chen. Officers confiscated more than 2,300 marijuana plants that have an estimated street value of $3.5 million, and $65,000 cash. The Chens are being charged with cultivation of an illegal controlled substance because, although marijuana is a legal substance in Oklahoma, the farm did not have a valid license."
https://crimeandjusticenews.asu.edu/new ... ana-market

The number of illegal grow ops in Oklahoma hasn't risen, it's just that they are in competition with all the new legal grow ops.

Since we all know that a medical card is as easy to get as a gift dollar whore in Tulsa, it stands to reason that most of these ops are supplying out of state customers. Out or state customers don't have to pay taxes, so of course the state is going to shut them down.

Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.military.com/daily-news/202 ... _211116.nl

The Pentagram says they can overrule the states on so-called vaccination.

This is kind of like Governor Dukakis in the 80s refusing to send the MA Guard to Central America for "support" (you fill in the blank).

Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:
Oklahoma is on my short list because of the above statements. :thumbsup2:
Wanting to get back on into the hunting and fishing of my youth.

Does every house have or need a storm seller?

Depends were you are at. A year ago (April 2020-ish) friends/co-workers had $40k worth of hail damage I didn't get a drop.
60% or better disability rating $25 or less for lifetime hunting/fishing. Very VET friendly.

Agreed, some are luckier than others.
Is that 60% service connected?

Yes.

Thanks, I’ll have to pay full price then, no service connected disabilities.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ution.html

Police erect barricades around Oklahoma governor's home as he considers stopping the impending execution of controversial death row inmate Julius Jones after Kim Kardashian makes desperate plea for clemency

People are red hot about this and want the guy put down, because of obvious evidence. I don't really know the details, but I'm surprised the governor is siding with Kardashian, that's another thing people don't like is Hollywood types getting involved in local politics.

Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McGirt_v._Oklahoma

McGirt v. Oklahoma, 591 U.S. ___ (2020), was a landmark[1][2] United States Supreme Court case which ruled that, as pertaining to the Major Crimes Act, much of the eastern portion of the state of Oklahoma remains as Native American lands of the prior Indian reservations of the Five Civilized Tribes, never disestablished by Congress as part of the Oklahoma Enabling Act of 1906. As such, prosecution of crimes by Native Americans on these lands falls into the jurisdiction of the tribal courts and federal judiciary under the Major Crimes Act, rather than Oklahoma's courts.

https://www.oklawguy.com/understanding- ... ion-means/

Additionally, soon after the McGirt decision, the Attorney General of Oklahoma as well as five major Oklahoma tribes announced they had come to an agreement-in-principle regarding the future of criminal and civil legal proceedings. After the decision, at least three other Indian nations rejected this agreement as well as the legal authority behind McGirt. McGirt’s repercussions also mean that the Muscogee (Creek) Nation can now exercise civil, criminal, and regulatory jurisdiction over its three million acres and the state’s power in such areas will be limited.

https://kfor.com/news/local/gov-stitt-c ... isdiction/

The Supreme Court’s McGirt ruling continues to tear Oklahoma apart. Today the Court of Criminals Appeals found that for purposes of federal criminal law, a portion of Ottawa County no longer falls under the jurisdiction of the state of Oklahoma. This is the sixth new jurisdiction in our state. Oklahoma is literally being torn into pieces.

One of the most basic functions of a state in the United States of America is the ability to enforce the rule of law and keep the public safe. If we cannot do that, we do not have a state. Oklahoma has lost much of that ability in the eastern half of our state, and as of today, that now includes another portion of Ottawa County.

As I have said from the beginning, McGirt not only creates a public safety nightmare, but threatens the sovereignty of our state to its core. Oklahoma is being cobbled up piece by piece. This cannot stand.

GOV. KEVIN STITT

Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Road trip tomorrow!

https://kfor.com/news/local/tiger-king- ... s-freedom/

Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:ROFLMAO:

Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.military.com/daily-news/202 ... _211130.nl

So far, Stitt is the only governor to publicly challenge the military mandate.

Under orders from Stitt, the state's adjutant general, Brig. Gen. Thomas Mancino, put out a memo telling his troops that they aren’t required to get the shot and “no negative administrative or legal action” would be taken against them if they refuse.

Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.military.com/daily-news/202 ... _211201.nl

Oklahoma Guard Paychecks Under Threat as Vaccine Battle with Pentagon Escalates

Oklahoma National Guard members who refuse mandatory COVID-19 vaccination will eventually lose pay because they won't be able to train or drill, the Pentagon said this week as its dispute with the state's governor continued to escalate.

This fight has gotta start somewhere. Where is Texas? Florida?

Remember in the 80s where Gov Dukakis did not want to send the MA National Guard to Central America?

Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/12/10/oklahoma-guard-leader-tells-vaccine-refusers-prepare-career-ending-federal-action.html?ESRC=army-a_211215.nl

Oklahoma Guard Leader Tells Vaccine Refusers to Prepare for 'Career Ending Federal Action'

Brig. Gen. Thomas Mancino, the top officer for Oklahoma's Guard, released a statement Thursday that opened with a forceful defense of service members under his charge exercising their "personal responsibility" and "the right to not take the vaccine [sic]."

Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 31  Next