Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:56 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 Alec Baldwin Shoots Prop Gun: Kills One, Injures Another 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

4 people killed in Tacoma this evening, Kiro7 leads with dumbass Baldwin story...

Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
4 people killed in Tacoma this evening, Kiro7 leads with dumbass Baldwin story...

Kiro's headline for the story reads:

Who was cinematographer Halyna Hutchins killed by Alec Baldwin's prop gun.

I'm SURE the gun did it. Not the guy holding it or the other people involved with how it was used. Just more senseless GUN violence, jeez.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/who ... MHHBFWW2Y/

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:26 pm

SporkBoy wrote:
Couple more at it would count as a mass shooting.

No shit.
How do you injure one person and kill another with a Prop Gun? Is this an assault style Prop Gun with over size Mag. Several shots fired?
Seems he's caulked up more assaults/killings/injuries than anyone in the NRA he so hates. I don't follow him but he seems like a giant hypocritical Hollywood PRICK.

No doubt h'ell skate on this. Dam good thing I'm not related to that women he shot/killed or his life would be an endless nightmare of Prop gun images haunting him 24x7.

NRA should jump on this (pay back time MF).

“Those that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
-Benjamin Franklin

Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
I don't think you can safely 'plug' a barrel that uses blanks. A blank firing device redirects some of the gas to cycle semi's but doesn't contain all of the gas.
Blanks have a sort of wadding that can act as a projectile; the gas being expelled is hazardous too.

This is what was utilized in non-lethal gas pistols in ‘90s:
[Sorry, due to the lack of time I use Google Translate, because the article is in Russian!]

“The barrel of a gas weapon is necessarily equipped with a longitudinal rib, a transverse baffle, a cruciform baffle, or some other device that excludes a bullet firing. This forensic requirement for a self-loading pistol is often complemented by the need to create sufficient pressure in the barrel to operate the automation. The latter is achieved by increasing the thickness of the transverse baffles and, accordingly, decreasing the cross-section, as well as complicating the shape of the bore (in particular, the stepwise narrowing of the bore towards the middle of the bore). As a result, a gas pistol, the prototype of which was a powerful army self-loading pistol, can have highly developed partitions in the barrel and very small openings between them, moreover, located at some distance from both the chamber and the muzzle.“

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

surevaliance wrote:
zombie66 wrote:
I do not know the first thing about Prop Guns but I would assume that after Brandon Lee’s untimely fate that all prop guns would at least have the barrels welded.

Holy scheise! I always believed that they use specially made guns that could not use real ammo under any circumstances!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theatri ... op_weapons

“In film production, fully functional weapons are mostly used, but typically only with special smoke blanks with blank adapted guns instead of real bullets. Real cartridges with bullets removed are still dangerously charged which has caused several tragic instances when used on stage or film. The safety and proper handling of real weapons used as movie props is the premiere responsibility of the prop master. ATF and other law enforcement agencies may monitor the use of real guns for film and television, but this is generally not necessary with stage props as these guns are permanently "plugged".
:facepalm2:

So ass backwards. First rule of gun safety no matter who's gun it is, no matter who hands it to you, treat it as if it's loaded. Personaly be familiar with the weapon and check that it is clear!!!!!!!!!!!! Hollywood lays blame to the prop man........in no way shape or form would I EVER hand any weapon to anyone that I don't know if they know how to safely handle a weapon or not, I don't care if it's a plastic butter knife. See the world that we live in is truly fucked up so I don't put shit past anyone. So fault one was misjudgements on the prop man's behalf, fault 2 irresponsible handling in baldicks side, obviously flagging people. I find even deeper irony in a tweet from him last year where he tagged trump and said "I wonder how it feels to kill innocent people"

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alec Baldwin's haunting tweet about 'wrongfully killing someone' resurfaces.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... y-25273729

Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

surevaliance wrote:

Glad there's screenshots and archives of that. My guess is Baldwin's publishing team is going to be scrubbing a lot of media.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
surevaliance wrote:

Glad there's screenshots and archives of that. My guess is Baldwin's publishing team is going to be scrubbing a lot of media.

I guess it would be as easy possible, as scrubbing someone's 80% Glock purchase history. :wink05:

Last edited by surevaliance on Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What I want to know, maybe it was posted and/or maybe for pure curihatredosity - was Baldwin dicking around or was actual filming going on?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:34 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Ace wrote:
Safety crew seriously failed. Or there wasn't a safety crew on set. They are the ones who make sure all the props, stunts, and special effects work in a safe manor. The Union and the studio are going to burn some people at the stake for this one.

There is no way a safety crew or prop master could have prevented this. It's all on Baldwin. I've never pointed directly at a person on set before. They teach that camera angles will hide that the gun isn't directly pointing at someone.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

das_napeth wrote:
Ace wrote:
Safety crew seriously failed. Or there wasn't a safety crew on set. They are the ones who make sure all the props, stunts, and special effects work in a safe manor. The Union and the studio are going to burn some people at the stake for this one.

There is no way a safety crew or prop master could have prevented this. It's all on Baldwin. I've never pointed directly at a person on set before. They teach that camera angles will hide that the gun isn't directly pointing at someone.

Interesting. So even if he wasn't dinking around.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

das_napeth wrote:
Ace wrote:

I know a DP who went on to become a director. I asked him about this last night, he told me the same thing. I hope Baldwin gets charged but I doubt he will.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bet there is a market to make safer prop gun conversion right now.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alec Baldwin seems like a genuinely nice guy. In my opinion, he's a talented comedic and dramatic actor.
But, he seems to have a bad habit of making permanent records of himself saying and doing foolish stuff.
Attachment:
FCRpfwgVIAoC5yF.jpg

https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tweet ... 7303572485

Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next