Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:57 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 The advantage of joining WAC ? 

I see I have to Join WAC , To Sell guns at the Gunshow , whats the WAC about , and gun shows , what about buying a gun at the gunshow ? years ago people went to gun shows , And just sold guns , I was just looking at the gunshow , I never bought anything , Im just curious to go again at The Puyallup pavilion this year

Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ever since same day sales got effectively banned in WA I don't see the point of selling guns at shows.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Things evolve and change… for good or bad.

Unfortunately for WAC it’s surviving under less than ideal conditions. New laws in Washington made to legally change the way things have been since the past decade or so.

Not giving excuses. Just facts of life.

Selling of firearms is even limited to FFL but WAC will do the transfer but it has to guard itself so by having everyone a member that investment of time and energy is a bit more secure. I believe Membership requires a background check.

What are the advantages? I have no clue. Haven’t been in over a decade.

Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think the only benefit to joining now would be.
1. You won’t have to stand in line to buy a ticket every time you go.
2. If you live close enough to go to every show. It may be cheaper to be a member.

Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:11 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I believe the current rules at WAC allow non-members to purchase firearms at the show. But to bring in any firearms (for sale/trade) you need to be a current member.

Selling at the show can work out easily as many of the vendors have an FFL so you won't have to worry about a lengthy transfer process. BUT, those guys are pretty sharky with their offers so don't expect to get top dollar when selling to an FFL vendor at the show.

Side note: tell me more about your screen name. I own/operate Hardwood Floors Northwest out of Marysville. Are you a fellow floor whore?

Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Warning - Sinus is always looking for new floor bitchez. Puts new meaning into getting re-finished.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:46 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

None but the Gun News.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
None but the Gun News.

This. Monthly rag is worth a read.

Standing not in line is OK.

But I have to admit seeing some folks at shows is pretty OK.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:18 am

Now that everybody's so afraid of breaking that dumbfuck initiative that was passed into "law", only real advantage would be, not having to pay admission at every show, and being able to bring your gun in instead of leaving it out in the car.

Those were the two reasons I originally became a member, so many years ago. Many good deals on many things were had.....those were good days.

Haven't been a member in years, haven't been to a show in about 3 years.

Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:39 am

Sinus211 wrote:
I believe the current rules at WAC allow non-members to purchase firearms at the show. But to bring in any firearms (for sale/trade) you need to be a current member.

Selling at the show can work out easily as many of the vendors have an FFL so you won't have to worry about a lengthy transfer process. BUT, those guys are pretty sharky with their offers so don't expect to get top dollar when selling to an FFL vendor at the show.

Side note: tell me more about your screen name. I own/operate Hardwood Floors Northwest out of Marysville. Are you a fellow floor whore?

yes tacoma hardwood floors thats my company ,

Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you want Beanie baby's, Jerky and other such items, the WAC show is the place to be. I miss the old days when you could walk in as a member with a Rifle over your shoulder and a Price flag in the bore.

There were deals, huge amounts of firearms and surplus with very little fluff. Those day's are gone.

I haven't been to one in 10 Years,

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:39 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

usrifle wrote:
If you want Beanie baby's, Jerky and other such items, the WAC show is the place to be. I miss the old days when you could walk in as a member with a Rifle over your shoulder and a Price flag in the bore.

There were deals, huge amounts of firearms and surplus with very little fluff. Those day's are gone.

Last show I attended before the Rona this was still allowed.....

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
usrifle wrote:

Last show I attended before the Rona this was still allowed.....

Yep. No jerky or beanie babes either

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gun shows are where patriotic Americans assemble and talk and learn about freedom related issues.

The end of gun show might as well be the end of America.

WAC ain't perfect, but has made efforts to self-correct in previous years.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]