Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:49 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 St. Louis Couple's Home Beset By BLM Mob 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Alpine wrote:
Nice try, but I don't live anywhere near them, nor was I even aware of the majority of their fundraising at the time they did it, but ghost gofundmes run by slick proxies wasn't their only way of duping people who falsely believed they shared our views on the importance of 2A & self defense, there were also myriad events like this: https://tulsaworld.com/news/state-and-r ... 86a09.html

Let's leave the goalposts at their hypocrisy and exploitation of the gun community and conservatives rather than focus on who can we find on Waguns that was personally harmed by them.

I didn’t move the goal posts, that was in direct response to your comment.

So, in these gofundme proxy campaigns you’re mentioning did they ask for help paying for their legal defense? Or did they ask for help to fight against unjust gun laws and take a stand to defend the entire 2a?

Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's unclear and even more a part of the hypocrisy. Some of them were to hire extra private security (talk about the 3-4 levels of hypocrisy there!), some of them were for supposed legal defenses. Some people tried looking into it, problem is some of the early GoFundmes got taken down by that liberal org so they moved to proxy GoFundme accounts that were "below the radar" but were being sent around on 2a groups and forums, and then some but not all of those got removed when the org found out again.
Finally they started doing traditional fundraisers and then came the Senate campaign. Watch some of his Senate speeches and the things he says about promising "never to back down" in defense of gun rights to get our money. Then square that with his actions here as well as his continued request for our donations.

As I said, losing an otherwise "safe seat" in red MO would be the worst possible outcome, and he may make it happen.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:46 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Alpine wrote:
That's unclear and even more a part of the hypocrisy. Some of them were to hire extra private security (talk about the 3-4 levels of hypocrisy there!), some of them were for supposed legal defenses. Some people tried looking into it, problem is some of the early GoFundmes got taken down by that liberal org so they moved to proxy GoFundme accounts that were "below the radar" but were being sent around on 2a groups and forums, and then some but not all of those got removed when the org found out again.
Finally they started doing traditional fundraisers and then came the Senate campaign. Watch some of his Senate speeches and the things he says about promising "never to back down" in defense of gun rights to get our money. Then square that with his actions here as well as his continued request for our donations.

As I said, losing an otherwise "safe seat" in red MO would be the worst possible outcome, and he may make it happen.

So it seems as though they made a big noise about exercising their 2a rights and supporting that approach but when the rubber hit the road they were all show and no go? And that’s where the base of your criticism stems from?

Is that anything like having over 6k posts on a public gun forum and 0 feedback? Publicly espousing the dire need to support the 2a but seemingly not doing so personally?

I’ve got no problem with you personally. In fact, I think your posts are thought provoking, on point, and very well thought out in illuminating many points (often political) that some of us fail to notice. But this particular line of criticism seems a bit hypocritical. And that’s a pet peeve (among many) of mine personally. No disrespect intended, just maybe think about what I’m saying here before mounting a counterpoint reflexively.

Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
Alpine wrote:

So it seems as though they made a big noise about exercising their 2a rights and supporting that approach but when the rubber hit the road they were all show and no go? And that’s where the base of your criticism stems from?

Is that anything like having over 6k posts on a public gun forum and 0 feedback? Publicly espousing the dire need to support the 2a but seemingly not doing so personally?

I’ve got no problem with you personally. In fact, I think your posts are thought provoking, on point, and very well thought out in illuminating many points (often political) that some of us fail to notice. But this particular line of criticism seems a bit hypocritical. And that’s a pet peeve (among many) of mine personally. No disrespect intended, just maybe think about what I’m saying here before mounting a counterpoint reflexively.

What "feedback" are you talking about? What does this have to do with me? I'm not even sure what that is. Does it have to do with buying and selling on the site? If so who gives a fuck and what does it have to do with this. Is that what this site is to you? A marketplace? That's the same attitude Jason from LPG had. I've occasionally used this site to find items I purchased and traded for, but I didn't really understand what the feedback system even was or how to use it, nor do I give a shit about getting a "gold star" every time seems childish to care about that. This isn't ebay. As to my service here, Massive and Madpick can tell you firsthand how much time and money I've put in here so you may want to rethink your statements. A simple forum search of what the contents of those 6k posts are should be enough to tell you I've done more than most to preserve your rights in this state. Instead of your post I'd have preferred a simple "thank you." You probably have no clue how many bad laws I have helped stop, or actions by agencies, committees and bureaucrats going back years here. You have a CPL and don't want it published on a map? You're welcome. You have a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds you didn't want banned for carry? You are welcome I personally identified the one sympathetic suburban Dem who stopped it in committee several years in a row and because I grew up in his area and knew him. You wanted to be able to defend yourself in your own house without a duty to retreat through the back of it? You're welcome.
I could go on but it seems you haven't read many of those 6k posts.

Where have you seen me be in favor of giving up our rights or encouraging prosecution of law abiding gun owners? The McCloskeys aren't members here, and they are public figures who are trying to get us all killed. Did you see King Joe's comments about implying the use of F-15s and nuclear weapons on civilians who stand up for civil rights today? Do you know who David Chipman is? Do you know AG Garland's personal history on DC v Heller? Your posts make it seem like you don't. What do you think is going on right now in this country? Do you understand what the loss of even one more Senate seat does to us?

Go ahead and explain first wtf "feedback" is and then explain what my supposed "lack" of it has to do with this. Go on. Also before more accusations of hypocrisy, spend some time reading, and keep reading until you get an understanding of even 10% of my efforts.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Missouri Governor Mike Parson has now officially pardoned the McCloskey's.

A couple felonies got plead down to misdemeanors, and now the misdemeanors are done with.

Still out the two guns seized for evidence and the $2750 in fines, but I think they can afford more.

Good on the Governor for keeping his promise.

https://apnews.com/article/michael-brown-st-louis-20062ccc6593bd91757ad1ea4a190db5

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pvanderzee wrote:
Missouri Governor Mike Parson has now officially pardoned the McCloskey's.
A couple felonies got plead down to misdemeanors, and now the misdemeanors are done with.
Still out the two guns seized for evidence and the $2750 in fines, but I think they can afford more.
Good on the Governor for keeping his promise.
https://apnews.com/article/michael-brown-st-louis-20062ccc6593bd91757ad1ea4a190db5

Good!

Don't expect this from Sleezlee.

Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Their plea bargain should hopefully stop their Senate campaign regardless of the pardon. Gun owners my ass, the phrase is "cold dead hands" not "oh hi, here you go."

Quote:

Quote:

Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Update:

https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation- ... 94693.html

"The St. Louis man who along with his wife was pardoned after waving guns at social justice demonstrators has filed a lawsuit to have the guns returned and to have fines the couple paid returned to them."

Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some of you have followed this much closer than I have.

Riddle me this:

Freedom fighters say: The couple's property was trespassed, gate was damaged, they were threatened to some extent.

Communist press says: Peaceful protestors were marching by property and maybe a few put their left foot on the property, but didn't even know it was the couple's property.

What is the truth here?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:

Riddle me this:

Freedom fighters say: The couple's property was trespassed, gate was damaged, they were threatened to some extent.

Communist press says: Peaceful protestors were marching by property and maybe a few put their left foot on the property, but didn't even know it was the couple's property.

What is the truth here?

It was a politically motivated prosecution. The initial prosecuting attorneys' behavior indicated as much.

There is no question that the non-residents were somewhere that they were not legally authorized to be. The street past the gate, along with the house, was private property. There is also no (or little) question that the McCloskeys fealt threatened enough by the unauthorize incursion to meet the intruders with firearms.

So, that's the truth. Whether or not an intruder knows they are intruding doesn't matter to the person who resides in the property in question.

There's two reasons this story got any traction at all. One, it was a large group of people that gathered for political reasons, not a single person or a small group, like four or five, that were simply trespassing. And two, cameras got snapshots of guns pointed at that politically-motivated gathering.

Were this just a couple of bums that were yelling and screaming obscenities that got guns pointed at them while being told to leave, nobody in this thread would be talking about it, because chances are nobody here would've heard about it.

But, you know, politics.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pvanderzee wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Riddle me this:

What is the truth here?

It was a politically motivated prosecution. The initial prosecuting attorneys' behavior indicated as much.

There is no question that the non-residents were somewhere that they were not legally authorized to be. The street past the gate, along with the house, was private property. There is also no (or little) question that the McCloskeys fealt threatened enough by the unauthorize incursion to meet the intruders with firearms.

So, that's the truth. Whether or not an intruder knows they are intruding doesn't matter to the person who resides in the property in question.

There's two reasons this story got any traction at all. One, it was a large group of people that gathered for political reasons, not a single person or a small group, like four or five, that were simply trespassing. And two, cameras got snapshots of guns pointed at that politically-motivated gathering.

Were this just a couple of bums that were yelling and screaming obscenities that got guns pointed at them while being told to leave, nobody in this thread would be talking about it, because chances are nobody here would've heard about it.

But, you know, politics.

So that is as I was thinking.

Gate damaged or not?

Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Gate damaged or not?

Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Our press = lying again

Quote:
social justice demonstrators as they marched past the couple’s home

Quote:
who were passing their home

Quote:
Special prosecutor Richard Callahan said his investigation determined that the protesters were peaceful.

“There was no evidence that any of them had a weapon and no one I interviewed realized they had ventured onto a private enclave,”

Nothing in the AP piece with any different perspective.

Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"The guns used by Mark and Patricia McCloskey during a now-infamous incident in front of their St. Louis home weren’t destroyed last year, despite a court order to do so.

Now, after being pardoned by Missouri Gov. Mike Parson, the couple is suing to get them back."

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/the- ... %26+MORE!+

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:28 am

If it was the diminutive Ashli Babbitt who had broken through that gate and trespassed onto private property putting the residents in fear for their safety, the McCloskey's would not only be in the clear, they could have shot Babbitt to death and they'd be praised coast to coast by half of this nation's citizens.

Funny how that works.

Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next