Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:19 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 How many of you actually use your fun bikes (motorcycles? 

I have had a 67 Triumph T100 R for a bit more then 30 years. I was just thinking about wiping the dust off her and doing a load test of her battery as she has been on the maintainer since Novenber. I ride when I do not have to haul much in town but I do go grocery shopping on her as I can carry quite a bit in the 20mm ammo can and one empty 50 cal can I use for saddle bags. One 50 cal can is defoted to tools and extra clutch cables and a small bottle of 90 wt for her leaky trasmission. I had therr dirt bikes at the cabin but two suzukis need new points as they would not start when I needed them the day after the timing chain gave way on the Honda XL 125 that I usually run around on so I am not sure Iif I am going to mix up a batch of fuel for my 66 Bultaco Matadore yes a radial head or put a battery in and transfer the title back in to my name a 72 Honda CL 350 that I welded up a manifold for so I could convert it to one carb that does not leak instead of two carbs that do. Right now ther is my dads old Twinstar at the cabin and I was using that to check my crawfish traps after the XL 125 puked. I like my Bultaco but it just is not practical for a run around bike and quiet it aint.

Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Covid, the wife working from home, boy being in school, and a host of other things has decreased my riding quite a bit.
But I still get it and go. What I haven't done in a long time is get on and go for a long ride just to go for a long ride.

Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:54 am

I actually use them only on sundays !

Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I used all my bikes weekly, even used a bike for "only transportation " for a year. Then I married a ER nurse, who later became a burn intensive care nurse and eventually a director at Harborview.

After the stories, I sold my 4th and last murder cycle.

It's not your driving you have to worry about...its everyone else.

M/C drivers have the best defensive driving awareness of anyone.
1 major accident (I survived) and laid another down in gravel (ooops) and I'll probably not own another again. Probably.....

Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The concept of operations would be mostly dirt Forest Service roads, to avoid the traffic hazards of texting drivers. Same as my bicycling. It looks like motorcycle trailers are affordable.

Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:29 pm

I ride my Harley everyday weather permitting. i have a guy i used to ride with that is 70 and retired. He sold his bike because he didn't have time to ride it but i know for a fact he sits in front of the television for hours everyday. So many ads for bikes for sale that the excuse is don't have time to ride.

Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2