Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Kansas 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
Trogdor wrote:
Fuck Kansas. Fucking fuck everything about Kansas.

I grew up in Missouri. I lived in Oklahoma for a while. I’ve been all over the Midwest and I have been through Kansas more times than any human should.

There should be no speed limit in Kansas. You should be allowed to drive through that wasteland as fast as possible.

The only redeeming thing about Kansas is that it reminds you that literally anywhere else in the US is better.

If you want to move there, that is your choice. But so help me, if I ever have to drive that direction I will go 20 hours out of my way to avoid the whole state.

I share that same hate and discontent for Kalifornia, I worked there off and on for a few years and despised the cancer...
Fukk the Kalifornication that has happened to the beautiful states of Washington and Oregun.

As a 4th generation native son of California I have to agree with Caveman here. It's a state packed full of natural beauty with a great climate. The political dominance of the Democratic Party has all but destroyed the state and I would NEVER move back there for any reason since the party apparatchiks there have no respect for individual liberties. Never mind secession, I wish we could forcibly eject California from the Union (along with New England).

Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Am SO looking forward to loading up that stash of v-max I've kept in the back of the cabinet for years now. I haven't done any hunting at all in 15 years, but I'm very excited at the prospect. Hunting large game has never appealed to me, but vermin killing is a different prospect. No license, no limit, no clean up, and no guilt. lol

Growing up in rural Oklahoma, my brothers and I put dinner on the table often with rabbit. Summers were often spent doing the same thing with squirrels in Arkansas.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got the inspection done last week. The first order of business will be a new roof. Bro and I have done 5 roofs together, but this one is unique to us. There is no sheathing on this roof. It's 10 year old shingles, nailed directly to the old cedar shake. According to the inspector, there was a small leak a long time ago...but no damage, just a few stains in the attic.

Thankfully, the current owner was kind enough to abandon a dump truck out back. It was in use 2 years ago when he gutted the kitchen and one bathroom.
With a 40' gutter line, it's gonna be time to dust off the rarely used fall arrest harnesses.

Simultaneously...the recently retired Master electrician in the family will be rewiring the entire house above the basement. From the panel out to ground level is brand new service with modern romex, but everything above that is knob n tube.

The basement remodel is mostly complete with cleaned and exposed stone foundation. They also did a ton of new brickwork, and went to the trouble of in-setting outlets, and burying the new wire runs. I've been doing remodels for a long time, and it'll be refreshing to not have to deal with a warren of messy surface mounted conduits.

Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The whole west coast from Mexico to Canada is awesome physically, but price/politics they suck. (I've lived in CA also) Kansas, OK, MT, ID are not perfect but like I tell my soldiers that are about to get based at BFE or where ever it's what you make of it. OK doesn't have a Mt. Rainier, but what I'm making and the low cost of living makes it very livable. I can shoot in my yard, can you? I would be first to say don't jump ship because of the draconian laws coming down the pike. Stay and fight. The only reason I left is twice the pay and half the living cost. I still have property in WA and OR.
Nowhere is perfect. We live where we live for a number of reasons. Family/Jobs/Cost. I wish I could get my wife out of the negative thinking mindset about being away from the PNW.

Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Both my parents were born and raised in Kansas, so when we moved to SE Nebraska, when I was a teenager, we took a lot of trips down to see the grandparents in NE Kansas. But that was 42-50 years ago, so it's probably nothing like I remember (or it still could be! :bigsmile: ).

Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The southeastern location of Howard, is located in the green Flint hills, leading to the foothills of the Appalachians.
Here's summertime foliage from the last listing in 2016.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:00 pm

That house is beautiful.

Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hitting the road on Tuesday morning. The lady is staying behind for a couple months to finish out here, while little bro and I head out to start work on the house. It's been like 6-7 years since I've had a long road trip, but I'm really looking forward to this.

We'll be conveying with a fairly light and sprightly load. Pick-up with tool trailer for him, and I get the lady's convertible mustang. Never had a convertible road trip. Wasn't exactly on my bucket list, but I don't mind crossing it off.

Thu May 13, 2021 11:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RockHopper wrote:
Hitting the road on Tuesday morning. The lady is staying behind for a couple months to finish out here, while little bro and I head out to start work on the house. It's been like 6-7 years since I've had a long road trip, but I'm really looking forward to this.
We'll be conveying with a fairly light and sprightly load. Pick-up with tool trailer for him, and I get the lady's convertible mustang. Never had a convertible road trip. Wasn't exactly on my bucket list, but I don't mind crossing it off.

Thu May 13, 2021 11:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RockHopper wrote:
I get the lady's convertible mustang. Never had a convertible road trip. Wasn't exactly on my bucket list, but I don't mind crossing it off.

Gonna go pick up Thelma on your way out there?

Probably a good idea to avoid the Grand Canyon, though.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu May 13, 2021 12:11 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jeremy, have a great trip! And stay in touch once you get there!

Let us know if it's as bad as everyone told you it would be. :ROFLMAO:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu May 13, 2021 12:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RockHopper wrote:

Safe Journey! Dont forget to pick up the "I escaped Washington" bumper stcker!

Thu May 13, 2021 2:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Safe travels!!! Long road trips are fun. One of my favorite routes is down to Portland then I-84 East to Hood River. Full Sail Brewery tasting room makes a great stop with overlooking views of the Columbia River :thumbsup2:

Fri May 14, 2021 11:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post pictures of the before, during, and after home improvements.

You will appreciate your efforts in the future, and so will we, your WaGuns family.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Mon May 17, 2021 12:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Neither pictures or descriptions of the details of this Victorian house can possibly do it justice, but I'm so exited that I have to try to share some of it!
Here's a pair of 10' ...solid pocket doors. Imagine what each of these slabs weigh! They slide smoothly, and the original lock still operates, including the fold-flat skeleton key.

Mon May 24, 2021 4:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next