Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.theguardian.com/theguardian ... co-warrior

Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jorgeu wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2011/jan/26/genghis-khan-eco-warrior

Please provide some context for why we should click on the click bait.

Is there a particular reason I would want to bother reading something off the guardian? Was there a great quote from the article you liked or tghought was just plain crazy? If so provide it in quotes, please!

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:35 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's why commies are prolific murderers ... for Mother Earth.

Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Col_Temp wrote:
jorgeu wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2011/jan/26/genghis-khan-eco-warrior

Please provide some context for why we should click on the click bait.

Is there a particular reason I would want to bother reading something off the guardian? Was there a great quote from the article you liked or tghought was just plain crazy? If so provide it in quotes, please!

Quote:
Genghis Khan, in fact, may have been not just the greatest warrior but the greatest eco-warrior of all time, according to a study by the Carnegie Institution's Department of Global Energy. It has concluded that the 13th-century Mongol leader's bloody advance, laying waste to vast swaths of territory and wiping out entire civilisations en route, may have scrubbed 700m tonnes of carbon from the atmosphere – roughly the quantity of carbon dioxide generated in a year through global petrol consumption – by allowing previously populated and cultivated land to return to carbon-absorbing forest.

Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:10 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Has Greta been consulted?

Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:16 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not that I disagree that it's a good example of how nutty the environazis are, but the article is literally 10 years old, is there some significance to reposting it now?

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you're looking at from a purely biological perspective, war is not good for the environment. First, there is just the outright environmental damage caused by war. But directly, war kills off the most productive segment of the population. On top of that, it kills off males, which from a reproductive perspective doesn't diminish future population growth, because a single male can reproduce an unlimited number of spring as opposed to females.

For Genghis specifically, they estimate that 1/200 men on the planet carry his DNA. You didn't get that level of dispersion by having one mate. The Mongols were carting off all those reproductive age females

If you want population reduction for "environmental" purposes, rampant disease does that for you. It wasn't unusual for plagues to kill of 10-25% of the earth's population without most of the environmental damage caused by war. Throw in "power shifts" (war) made allowable by plagues and you get a true environmental cause celebre'.

Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]