Chat Box 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Tapatalk integration 7%  7%  [ 7 ]
Mobile Version 23%  23%  [ 22 ]
Other (you better post below) 6%  6%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 96

[POLL] WaGuns v2.0 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Site is fine the way it is - any bling either costs too much money, allows the software provider too much access or control, or is a pain in the ass function versus form.

Yes, we all like features - not because we need them, but because we grew up in a world where " New And Improved " was the way the ad men sold us into slavery.

Change usually is not for the better.

Keep it simple - or we could all and up whining about " The Good Old Days " on Wa Guns.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Wed May 27, 2020 8:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good point.

People are beginning to understand how their own habits affect others, regarding health. (Like with the CCP virus.)

I've been wondering for years when people are going to begin to understand just how much their surfing habits affect others.

Surf with all the bells and whistles on, and you pick up nasties. Then you pass those nasties on to others, in places where all the bells and whistles are turned on.

Doing something like controlling what javascript can and cannot run, when you visit a site, is like wearing a mask when you go into a grocery store. You still have a chance of getting infected. And yeah, you lose some bling. But you are at least some kind of 'protected'.

I mostly just deny cross-site, or cross-platform javascript. Trackers. Pop-ups on most sites. Anything at all that wants access to my computer itself. (Like mic, or camera, or files, especially.)

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed May 27, 2020 9:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:
Site is fine the way it is - any bling either costs too much money, allows the software provider too much access or control, or is a pain in the ass function versus form.

Yes, we all like features - not because we need them, but because we grew up in a world where " New And Improved " was the way the ad men sold us into slavery.

Change usually is not for the better.

Keep it simple - or we could all and up whining about " The Good Old Days
" on Wa Guns.

..and I assume you still drive a horse and buggy...grow ALL your own food.
Only shooting black powder guns?
So, you have NEVER CHANGED ANYTHING?

-dimwit-

Wed May 27, 2020 10:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

would love to see a fix to the "ignore" or "foe" list where i don't see their post when they are quoted by someone else
i would even dare and offer a bribe in form of cake, or something :bigsmile:

Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:12 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'll have to see if that is a doable feature in Xenforo..... It's not in phpbb...

Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4