Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:13 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Accessory Loaner Library 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

After recently posting a diy thread, another member offered me a selection of "off-the-shelf" products, and a suggestion that I could have simply posted a WTB add.

From wacky to conventional products, most of us love buying gun related accessories. Lots of those purchases end up in a drawer or the back of a cabinet somewhere.

What do you guys say to a sticky thread to support product trials without actually having to make a purchase?

Hell, if there was enough interest, it might even attract more reviews, and possibly even support from local businesses. How many vendors do we have connected to Waguns that would be more than happy to provide products in exchange for the free advertising?

Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

+1
You envision a required review on this board as qualification to "borrow"?
Who pays to replace the part when it is not returned? or returned damaged?
How will overlapping reservations be resolved?

Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RockHopper wrote:
After recently posting a diy thread, another member offered me a selection of "off-the-shelf" products, and a suggestion that I could have simply posted a WTB add.

From wacky to conventional products, most of us love buying gun related accessories. Lots of those purchases end up in a drawer or the back of a cabinet somewhere.

What do you guys say to a sticky thread to support product trials without actually having to make a purchase?

Hell, if there was enough interest, it might even attract more reviews, and possibly even support from local businesses. How many vendors do we have connected to Waguns that would be more than happy to provide products in exchange for the free advertising?

I'm not really interested in "lending" parts and accessories out to a bunch of folks. Too complicated to keep track of, and too many foreseeable problems.

I proposed another idea you should look at. A large parts bin swap meet for all those boxes of stuff you don't need/want but that someone else might. Those holsters, rails, mounts, grips, forearms, stocks, etc. that are not worth enough to try to sell, but a huge meet of like minded folks who can trade stuff would be great.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

quantsuff wrote:
+1
You envision a required review on this board as qualification to "borrow"?
Who pays to replace the part when it is not returned? or returned damaged?
How will overlapping reservations be resolved?

These ideas are worth discussion for sure. I'm not approaching this with a fully formed plan, just a concept. I'd like to keep this going for more input.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]