Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:16 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Joining from Auburn, 1st time owner 

Hi everyone, got referred to this group while reading on Reddit WAguns. I'm from Auburn, and been in the PNW about 6 years now, coming from NYC where people don't have driver licenses or own guns lol.

Just bought my first firearm(s) recently, although I have shot 22LR bolt action rifles back in college many years ago, and archery too. I'm also a car guy and do track lapping, autocross, and rally. I have more cars than guns tho :). 7 cars to be exact. 4 guns: Nothing too exciting, just a stock Glock 17, a PSA AR-15, and picking up this week a new Sig P365 for EDC (for when I get my CPL: fingerprinting appt is in January, applied September, GG City of Auburn) and impulse-bought an AR-12 on Black Friday haha, so maybe next week.

I watch a lot of YouTube lately to try to soak in a lot of info, some of my favorites are Active Self Protection, WA Gun Law, T-Rex Arms, Pew Pew Tactical, Lucky Gunner. And lots of reading too.

Hope to learn a lot here as well. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

m325ci wrote:
Hi everyone, got referred to this group while reading on Reddit WAguns. I'm from Auburn, and been in the PNW about 6 years now, coming from NYC where people don't have driver licenses or own guns lol.

Just bought my first firearm(s) recently, although I have shot 22LR bolt action rifles back in college many years ago, and archery too. I'm also a car guy and do track lapping, autocross, and rally. I have more cars than guns tho :). 7 cars to be exact. 4 guns: Nothing too exciting, just a stock Glock 17, a PSA AR-15, and picking up this week a new Sig P365 for EDC (for when I get my CPL: fingerprinting appt is in January, applied September, GG City of Auburn) and impulse-bought an AR-12 on Black Friday haha, so maybe next week.

I watch a lot of YouTube lately to try to soak in a lot of info, some of my favorites are Active Self Protection, WA Gun Law, T-Rex Arms, Pew Pew Tactical, Lucky Gunner. And lots of reading too.

Welcome to the Forum! :thumbsup2:

:cheers2:

Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

m325ci wrote:

Welcome aboard! You are off to a great start.

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:14 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Welcome!!
As a fellow Auburn resident, I'll admit that it's not a bad idea to EDC. I also love cars, so wouldn't mind hearing more about your rides!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to WaGuns!

We all started off sometime. You have a good start and sounds like you are well into developing your collection.

As you will discover on EDC is the collection of holsters, belts and even mag pouches you will soon collect too.

365 is a great choice. Have considered a red dot?

Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome!
You will soon find that it can quickly become an addiction.

Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:20 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WaGuns! Thanks for posting the intro thread. thumbsup

Which AR-12 did you buy?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome and if you can come to New Years day shoot...lots of people bringing guns you may never have seen. Good chance to experience the whole candy store.

Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:37 pm

Wow, thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

redstar wrote:
Welcome and if you can come to New Years day shoot...lots of people bringing guns you may never have seen. Good chance to experience the whole candy store.

I saw the New Year's event, and I'm definitely interested in that, thank you for the invite! Yeah, so many variety out there, I'd love to see what others have. I marked in on my calendar, so I'll be there :thumbsup2:

oldkim wrote:
365 is a great choice. Have considered a red dot?

For the 365? I'm thinking of keeping that one as small as possible for EDC, so not attaching anything to it and getting the lowest-profile holster I can get. I'm a small guy :) Well, maybe get the 15-rounder for range practice, but maybe not carry? I've been wearing my G17 with both a OWB and IWB holster around the house and yard to get used to the weight and just carrying it, and honestly, I feel it'll be fine for winters under my jackets and fleece, etc. Of course that 365 is so thin and small, it's so much more comfortable, and when I rented it and shot it, it actually shoots nice and feels great!

I did get a red dot for my AR-15 and it almost felt like cheating, so easy to put rounds on target and being target-focused seems more natural to me (versus front sight focused).

DGM33 wrote:
As a fellow Auburn resident, I'll admit that it's not a bad idea to EDC. I also love cars, so wouldn't mind hearing more about your rides!

Nice to meet you, neighbor! I started off with American cars, but now I mostly have older Toyotas. My track car is a 2000 MR2 (I also have a 1986 MR2) - affordable mid-engined goodness. I got into rally after moving out here -- Dirtfish out in Snoqualmie is an awesome rally school and venue. My next race is next weekend there -- I use a 1988 Toyota Celica All-Trac for that (most of my competitors have Subarus, I'm always the odd one lol. It's a fairly rare car, all-wheel drive and turbo-- Toyota used to rally in WRC back in the day, Carlos Sainz is the most well-known driver for them in this car (his son races in F1 now, and he still races incl. Dakkar) I have 3 of these cars, so obviously I like them!). And my daily driver is an older 2002 BMW X5 that I also use for occasionally towing the above race cars, it's a great all-around car and I got it for cheap :)

MadPick wrote:
Which AR-12 did you buy?

I wanted something cheap -- was deciding whether to get a traditional pump action, but last minute, deciding between a Panzer Bullpup and a Typhoon X12, and went with the latter. $300 before tax/FFL, not expecting much haha.

Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome!! There's a lot of smart guys on this forum, with varied interests/jobs outside of firearms so it's a great place for all kinds of info. Firearms are massively addictive so just get mentally prepared to keep building up your armory! :)

Just make sure you get a good safe (not a stack-on or other locking cabinet) and bolt it to the floor if possible. Way too many instances of fuck-wad thieves stealing entire safes.

Good call on the 365. You're probably going to try a few different holsters before you find what works best, but that's TOTALLY normal! Haha!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:02 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

m325ci wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Which AR-12 did you buy?

I wanted something cheap -- was deciding whether to get a traditional pump action, but last minute, deciding between a Panzer Bullpup and a Typhoon X12, and went with the latter. $300 before tax/FFL, not expecting much haha.

Well, who knows! I don't have any knowledge of the Typhoon myself, but some of the AR-style shotguns out there are pretty good. I have a couple of the Rock Island models, and they have treated me well. I had to feed them some buckshot and heavy loads when I started, but they both got reliable with cheap birdshot after 50-100 rounds.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:ROFLMAO:

Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]