Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:31 pm


Rules Brads Guns RA I5 Guns & Ammo Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar





Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Snohomish, WA 
Author Message
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Snohomish, WA
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012
Posts: 722
Real Name: Bo
Pablo wrote:
Wow. Article says handgun. Regardless glad they caught the crooks. What does this mean for your gun? How did LE contact you?


Wrong link. It was a definitely a Pot Shop robbery attempt. let me find the correct link.

_________________
"I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes, when it takes a man's life." ~ Four Leaf Tayback


Last edited by BlDtyLry on Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:16 am
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Snohomish, WA
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012
Posts: 722
Real Name: Bo
http://komonews.com/news/local/pot-shop ... m-his-home

You can definitely see it in the footage

Image

_________________
"I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes, when it takes a man's life." ~ Four Leaf Tayback


Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:19 am
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Snohomish, WA
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012
Posts: 722
Real Name: Bo
Pablo wrote:
Wow. Article says handgun. Regardless glad they caught the crooks. What does this mean for your gun? How did LE contact you?


I got a call from the detective who was handling my home robbery case. Once the prosecution determines if they need it for evidence or not, they'll give me a call and arrange time for pickup. Hopefully this will be quicker than waiting for the original Form1.

_________________
"I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes, when it takes a man's life." ~ Four Leaf Tayback


Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:06 am
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Lynnwood
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012
Posts: 8302
Real Name: Mike
That's pretty crazy! Glad to hear it's been recovered. I wonder if the guy will face stiffer penalties for being in possession of a stolen NFA item.

_________________
Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/


Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:19 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Duvall
Joined: Sun Jan 6, 2013
Posts: 11647
Real Name: Ace Tenemem Reroader
Yeah I was wondering if the ATF does anything other than control the law-abiding guy.

_________________
Here hold my chamomile tea.


Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:26 am
Profile
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
User avatar
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Location: Tacoma
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014
Posts: 4084
BlDtyLry wrote:
MGI Hydra Marck-15 SBR has been recovered by Seattle PD after it was used in an attempted Pot Shop Robbery.



Attempted?....I wonder if security or someone popped off.

_________________
BLACK HAMMER ARMS
1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms


Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:37 am
Profile WWW
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Snohomish, WA
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012
Posts: 722
Real Name: Bo
sinus211 wrote:
That's pretty crazy! Glad to hear it's been recovered. I wonder if the guy will face stiffer penalties for being in possession of a stolen NFA item.


The detective stated the ATF rarely gets involved with situations this low-profile. I jokingly told the detective that the criminals will probably do less time than what it took for me to get my Form1 approved. Detective agreed.

So much for using the laws/penalities we already have in place.

dreadi wrote:
Attempted?....I wonder if security or someone popped off.


I guess it is attempted when you get caught in the act.

_________________
"I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes, when it takes a man's life." ~ Four Leaf Tayback


Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:06 am
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Lynnwood
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012
Posts: 8302
Real Name: Mike
BlDtyLry wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
That's pretty crazy! Glad to hear it's been recovered. I wonder if the guy will face stiffer penalties for being in possession of a stolen NFA item.


The detective stated the ATF rarely gets involved with situations this low-profile. I jokingly told the detective that the criminals will probably do less time than what it took for me to get my Form1 approved. Detective agreed.

So much for using the laws/penalities we already have in place.


So if I steal an SBR I won't do much time, but if I build an SBR without a stamp I'll go to federal prison for up to 10 years? Makes sense :facepalm2:

_________________
Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/


Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:56 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Duvall
Joined: Sun Jan 6, 2013
Posts: 11647
Real Name: Ace Tenemem Reroader
sinus211 wrote:
BlDtyLry wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
That's pretty crazy! Glad to hear it's been recovered. I wonder if the guy will face stiffer penalties for being in possession of a stolen NFA item.


The detective stated the ATF rarely gets involved with situations this low-profile. I jokingly told the detective that the criminals will probably do less time than what it took for me to get my Form1 approved. Detective agreed.

So much for using the laws/penalities we already have in place.


So if I steal an SBR I won't do much time, but if I build an SBR without a stamp I'll go to federal prison for up to 10 years? Makes sense :facepalm2:

Exactly my pornt.

_________________
Here hold my chamomile tea.


Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:03 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Mountlake Terrace
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014
Posts: 4481
sinus211 wrote:
So if I steal an SBR I won't do much time, but if I build an SBR without a stamp I'll go to federal prison for up to 10 years? Makes sense :facepalm2:

No, it makes perfect sense if you think about it. If you steal a SBR, you're not stealing from .gov, so they don't care. But if you build a SBR without a stamp, you're stealing tax revenue from .gov, and they definitely care about that. It's all about the Benjamins, baby.


Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:29 pm
Profile
Online
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Vancouver, WA
Joined: Wed Mar 6, 2013
Posts: 8417
Guns4Liberty wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
So if I steal an SBR I won't do much time, but if I build an SBR without a stamp I'll go to federal prison for up to 10 years? Makes sense :facepalm2:

No, it makes perfect sense if you think about it. If you steal a SBR, you're not stealing from .gov, so they don't care. But if you build a SBR without a stamp, you're stealing tax revenue from .gov, and they definitely care about that. It's all about the Benjamins, baby.

I've been following this thread hoping for the happy ending... Frustrating that it takes so long!

The two comments above are amazingly accurate, even though in a sensible world they would be tongue-in-cheek humor.

_________________
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had


Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:43 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Lynnwood
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012
Posts: 8302
Real Name: Mike
Pablo wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
BlDtyLry wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
That's pretty crazy! Glad to hear it's been recovered. I wonder if the guy will face stiffer penalties for being in possession of a stolen NFA item.


The detective stated the ATF rarely gets involved with situations this low-profile. I jokingly told the detective that the criminals will probably do less time than what it took for me to get my Form1 approved. Detective agreed.

So much for using the laws/penalities we already have in place.


So if I steal an SBR I won't do much time, but if I build an SBR without a stamp I'll go to federal prison for up to 10 years? Makes sense :facepalm2:

Exactly my pornt.

Freudian slip wrist jockey? :prettyeyes:

_________________
Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/


Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:51 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Tacoma
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015
Posts: 1821
If he's already a felon, or otherwise prohibited from owning firearms, he can't be charged with a NFA violation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haynes_v._United_States

_________________
You may be right, I may be crazy, but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for


Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:35 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 32628
Real Name: Steve
RocketScott wrote:
If he's already a felon, or otherwise prohibited from owning firearms, he can't be charged with a NFA violation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haynes_v._United_States


That just seems . . . wrong. icon_eek

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:39 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Duvall
Joined: Sun Jan 6, 2013
Posts: 11647
Real Name: Ace Tenemem Reroader
sinus211 wrote:
Freudian slip wrist jockey? :prettyeyes:


Jus' being silly

_________________
Here hold my chamomile tea.


Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:42 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons UPAMMO


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 0.692s | 14 Queries | GZIP : On ]