Rules Brads Guns RA I5 Guns & Ammo Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Oly/Tumwater/Lacey Mailboxes broken into 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Over the past few weeks there have been a rash of mailboxes broken into. Specifically developments that have large multi-boxes. Be careful putting mail out. My buddy had his broken into so I'm passing it along.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

God damn it. I installed one of these a few years ago for our steet with the intention to avoid this shit. Looks like the scum bags ar back at it.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:00 pm

this has been happening in the north end too. any financial statements you have should be set to online delivery only. that's the best way to avoid any issues

they steal a bank or investment account statement, send an email to the custodian with your name and account number requesting an emergency wire because they're overseas traveling or otherwise unable to talk on the phone, and hope the recipient is gullible enough to fall for it

Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They can be stupidly easy to break into with just a screwdriver and hammer

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

more likely looking for tax returns

Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
more likely looking for tax returns

Exactly. Every year they ramp this shit up looking for checks. Direct deposit is the best defense.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I fucking hate thieves. I won't relate the story of the time i caught a mail thief in action in my neighborhood.
All i can say is he probably sucked his seat cushion up into his Ass and surely will never come back.
:wink05:

Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been hearing from other folks that this is still happening around other neighborhoods. At least 15-20 large boxes, similar to what I've posted above, have been hit. If you live in the area make sure you are on top of your mail. Solo boxes or development boxes.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:39 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wetpaperbag wrote:
I've been hearing from other folks that this is still happening around other neighborhoods. At least 15-20 large boxes, similar to what I've posted above, have been hit. If you live in the area make sure you are on top of your mail. Solo boxes or development boxes.

I had my box hit a few times when I lived over off of Black Lake... And that was with neighbors all around. When we moved to the Cooper Point area, the road we are on is not heavily travelled, and no eyes on the mailbox from either our house or any other house, so we invested in a PO Box. Best move ever.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:20 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This has been happening all over the Des Moines area.

PO box is looking like the best option these days

Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:29 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

L_O_G wrote:
...PO box is looking like the best option these days

What a shitty thing... It just takes a couple of shit heads to put a major kink in thousands of lives.
The best solution when possible is to make a life-view adjustment to the shitheads. Just a couple of people out wrecking the decency of an area.

I would HATE to have to drive into the big city for mail. I avoid that metropolis like the plague, and it has a population of ~20k. I plan days in advance before I face that scene.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
L_O_G wrote:

What a shitty thing... It just takes a couple of shit heads to put a major kink in thousands of lives.
The best solution when possible is to make a life-view adjustment to the shitheads. Just a couple of people out wrecking the decency of an area.

I would HATE to have to drive into the big city for mail. I avoid that metropolis like the plague, and it has a population of ~20k. I plan days in advance before I face that scene.

Mr. Misanthrope

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

Spoiler: show
SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
Spoiler: show
MadPick wrote:
Bob Ferguson is a total piece of shit. Of this, I am convinced.

cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

WARNING: I DEBATE IGNORAMUSES FOR MY OWN ENTERTAINMENT

Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:56 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

jdhbulseye wrote:
PMB wrote:
L_O_G wrote:

Mr. Misanthrope

I love people. Mostly.

I'm with Mr USRifle in this though- some people need "tough love" administered with a baseball bat.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:01 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Ours got hit Friday night. I think it had been a few days since I had checked. Lucky me I owed Uncle Scam 2k this year so no check to steal, I do wonder though if the registration for my new truck was in the box, it's been 3 weeks now.

We are moving the box now from it's current location at the end of the secluded road, up into our private drive in front of a neighbor's house. I'm still considering a P.O. box, I just wish the Post office was closer and on my way home....

Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:47 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I aimed one of my house cameras directly at my mailbox across the street. I get my mail 99% of the time each day and Im glad I do since I have seen numerous random people walk by opening mailboxes all down my street late at night

Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next