Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 *PSA* Nationwide alert test on Wed. Oct. 4th @ 2:20PM ET 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nationwide alert test on Wed. Oct. 4th @ 2:20PM ET

Quote:
The federal government will conduct a nationwide alert test on Wednesday, October 4. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will send notifications to cell phones (as well as radios and TVs) to test the National Wireless Emergency Alert System and ensure the system (including the public’s familiarity with it) is ready for a real crisis.

Quote:
Based on past tests we’ve received, that could easily be described as “a jarring and obnoxious alarm that will immediately make you stop what you’re doing, utter select obscenities and pick up your phone to make it stop.”
:ROFLMAO:

Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BCns4w3GA ... VsbA%3D%3D

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welllll, lessee here... on 9/11/01 they were having a little drill concerning foreign actors hijacking planes and doing terrorism-y things...

The Navy was running drills when that airliner was taken out by a missile over Long Island ...2018?

Fast forward to 2019 and there was a symposium and drill concerning pandemic...

What's in store for us this time? :zombie: like the movie mentioned above? EMT that takes out cell phone systems and everything else?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:05 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

From Forbes:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattnovak/ ... 0ffa00523b

Quote:
FEMA and the FCC will test a nationwide emergency alert on Wednesday, October 4, sending a message to every mobile phone across the country at 2:20 p.m. ET. But conspiracy theorists on TikTok and X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter, are convinced there’s something more nefarious behind the plan. In fact, they insist the nationwide test will activate something within the covid-19 vaccines that could turn people into walking zombies.

“October 4th 2023 FEMA activates 5G zombie apocalypse. If you got the clot shot, you are screwed. For those of us who did not bend the knee, real estate is about to become much cheaper. We’ll need lots of ammo though. Don’t say I did not warn you,” one typical tweet reads.

The video shared by that account has been viewed over 150,000 times and counting, insisting that 5G cell phone networks were all part of the plot of harm Americans.

Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:40 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have ALL my cell phone alert notifications turned OFF!!! So there. Plus I’m gonna put my phone in a special bag that renders it invisible. :045:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh fuck! its like Y2K23-10-4!!!! or Y2K23OK?

Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alert notifications turned off, until the 5th.

Test your system, my phone works fine.

If it’s more than a test, it will be fine, too…

Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:12 pm

wilmermj wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BCns4w3GA9A&pp=ygUEQ2VsbA%3D%3D

So, whatcher saying is, on Wednesday, bring 2nd gun and twice as much ammo.

WILCO.

That movie, I need to see it, because from here it looks good.

See...I made the horrible mistake of reading the fucking book, against the advice of a good friend who'd read it, and told me I'd regret it.

FUCK Stephen King, because the book doesn't end...it just...stops. As if he just got up from the computer, hit print, and gave it, 3/4 finished, to his publisher.

Doesn't explain shit. The story makes it wide open, possibility-wise, it could be aliens, the government, some other nefarious actor, something supernatural, and just leaves you with nothing.

That trailer looks like it'd be a fun movie though.

Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Be Alert!

The world needs more lerts...

Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
I have ALL my cell phone alert notifications turned OFF!!! So there. Plus I’m gonna put my phone in a special bag that renders it invisible. :045:

It will go off even after you take it back out of the bag

Albert Einstein

Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:

If I remember hearing correctly it will go off even if your alerts are turned off

Albert Einstein

Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:14 pm

Remember when they bitched about Trump having access to this capability? But since Pedo Poopypants is THEIR guy...

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:24 pm

Bring it.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

“Those that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
-Benjamin Franklin

Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RadioSquatch wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:

It will go off even after you take it back out of the bag

NOOOOOO! WHYYYYYYY???? :reaction: Fukk it. :handload:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RadioSquatch wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

If I remember hearing correctly it will go off even if your alerts are turned off

Looks like you’re right.

But, there’s an easier fix, “ Only cellphones that are turned on will receive the WEA alert”

So, since it’s at 5:18, I’ll turn my phone off at 5:10, back on at 5:25…

Last edited by NWGunner on Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next