Switch to full style
This will be strictly for AMBER ALERTS, Ammo/Firearm recalls, PSA's. Things that the Community needs to know, NOW!
Post a reply

Pierce County auditor gave out your SS#

Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:19 pm

Heads up PC residents.
I just opened a letter from the Pierce county Auditor's office stating that-

"A mistake was recently made by a staff member &, in addition to the information listed above, the last four digits of your SS# were mistakenly released to a local person who requested voter registration data."

Thanks PC, so much for safe & secure. You might want to check your credit report for any discrepancies.
Last edited by cbass on Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Pierce County auditor gave out your SS#

Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:24 pm

https://www.q13fox.com/news/pierce-county-accidentally-shares-sensitive-voter-information-for-hundreds-of-thousands

Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:27 pm

Thanks for the link lsilur.

Maybe I missed the story a couple weeks ago when it happened.

Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:41 pm

I was literally just gonna start a topic on this, motherfuckers!!!!!

What fucking idiot thought it was a great idea to send someone a spreadsheet with thousands of PC Residents names with the last four of their SS#’s ????

I work for a national corporation that deals with some DOD stuff and we (as a company) have to complete yearly training dealing with Cybersecurity (even though) NONE OF IT APPLIES TO US!!!!

My point is who in their right mind thinks that sending that info was a good idea?

Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:27 pm

Yeah, we both got those letters in the mail today.

Shit never ends with these stupid rat fink cunts. In a sane world, .gov would be made to operate accountable like a business.

Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:17 pm

ViniVidivici wrote:Yeah, we both got those letters in the mail today.

Shit never ends with these stupid rat fink cunts. In a sane world, .gov would be made to operate accountable like a business.

I see where you’re coming from, but businesses aren’t exactly penalized for this sort of shit either.

Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:22 pm

They say they’re working with the “requester” to have them delete the items from their email, blah-blah-blah…

Well, it seems to me if the “requester” was given all that personal into, name, address, ssn#, birth dates, etc., then those affected have a right to know who the requester was.

Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:35 pm

And the dumbfukk who hit send!!!

Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:58 pm

reginald_burrito wrote:
ViniVidivici wrote:Yeah, we both got those letters in the mail today.

I see where you’re coming from, but businesses aren’t exactly penalized for this sort of shit either.

Whatchoo mean? I just got a $30 check from Experion for when they lost my credit information and I spent hours getting things fixed. Worked out to about $3/hour. I don't know how they can handle such an extreme penalty.

Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:01 pm

cbass wrote:Heads up PC residents.
I just opened a letter from the Pierce county Auditor's office stating that-

"A mistake was recently made by a staff member &, in addition to the information listed above, the last four digits of your SS# were mistakenly released to a local person who requested voter registration data."

Thanks PC, so much for safe & secure. You might want to check your credit report for any discrepancies.

It's probably worth reporting that, according to the Auditor's office, the improperly released information was all deleted and everything is OK.
If you believe the Auditor's office.
If you believe the unnamed third party that allegedly claimed to the Auditor's office that they deleted the information.

Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:15 pm

Public records requests are themselves public records, but there's nothing preventing you from requesting information and putting your name, as , say, Donald Duck..

1674176155991.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:02 pm

I have a request, please ask your friends and family that you know vote DEMOCRAT and see if they got one of these letters also.

Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:44 pm

Old Growth wrote:I have a request, please ask your friends and family that you know vote DEMOCRAT and see if they got one of these letters also.

Sad times, when that exact thought crossed my mind as soon as I opened it up and realized what it was...

'accidentally' seems to be happening a lot, lately.
Post a reply