Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:57 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Entire safe stolen Port Angeles/Sequim 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Saw this on Arfcom:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/My-entire-safe-got-stolen-today-OP-updated-with-list-of-firearms-/5-2282604/?page=1

Quote:
First of all I'm typing this on a tablet and pissed off as all hell, so sorry if I don't type this out very well. I'm just spewing my thoughts onto the page as I think them.

I've been out from work sick since last Thursday, came home after doin a half day at work today to find my house broken into and safe stolen. Only lived here a few months and the only people that know my new address, and that I own a safe are my parents, sister, a few really close family friends, and some heating contractors that just installed my heat pump last month.

One of the contractors has to be in on it, at least partially. This was the first time I left my house in 5 days, and I was only gone six hours. They had to have been prepared to deal with moving a safe, I barely got it in the house with 3 dudes when it was empty, it had 49 guns in it when they got it out of my house.

I live in a suburban neighborhood with lots of traffic, and all my neighbors are retired seniors that are always suspicious of everything. Anytime there is a car in my driveway they don't recognize, they will pop over just to make sure everything is on the up and up. Unfortunately no one saw anything this time, but there are a few cameras that may have caught something.

Insurance is only going to cover 3-5 k (max firearms coverage without riders). I had a lot more coverage on my renters insurance, but hadn't gotten around to setting up the riders on my home owners. I'll be out about 36k including some cash I had in the safe as well.

I'm out every single gun I owned, except for the g48 I was carrying today. I was broken into at my rental 3 years ago before I owned a safe and they only got 3 of my guns. I guess moral of the story is either don't buy a safe, or go all in on the most expensive safe and bolt it to the ground. I probably won't get back into firearms as a hobby, just get a few more pistols for self defense, and hide them really well. I have all my make, model, and serial numbers in a spreadsheet that I gave to the cops, but I could tell they knew there is a slim chance that I will ever see them again. They said with that many stolen the ATF might get involved. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Well I guess merry fucking Christmas guys. Do me a favor, and if you ever get the chance to shoot a burger, please take it, for me.

Edit: List here https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/Gun-safe-stolen-containing-49-firearms-/136-1944095/

Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:26 pm

Damn. Sorry man. That's my worst fear, my guns stolen..makes me sick to think about it. Keep us posted on leads and descriptions/ serial numbers.
Jeff

Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:49 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

I feel his anger.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:22 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

585LB safe not anchored down:

https://www.costco.com/bighorn-24-cu.-f ... 68049.html

Didn’t skim past the first page as thats all I wanted to know.

585LB aint shit, nor is an additional “50 guns”.

Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:25 pm

~
BOLT THEM DOWN, PEOPLE

Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:51 pm

I saw that too. I believe the guy said he's up around the Port Angeles/Sequim area, who does Waguns have up there that can keep their eyes open? Isildur comes to mind...

Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Capn Blood wrote:
BOLT THEM DOWN, PEOPLE

This.
Also, home security system and video surveillance with online backup.

Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sounds like the strongest lead is the company that was there working on the house

He had just bought the house a few months ago. Not many people knew he had a safe full of guns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That just sucks. Yeah, i would be looking real hard at the People he had working on the house. Hopefully the Cops are too. :angryfire:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep, will be keeping an eye open at the local stores and ranges for anything on the guy's list.
Hate to see it happen.

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

He also posted his list of stolen guns with info and serial # so ya'll should keep an eye out.

Yeah, this really sucks for him. I'm not sure about the advice to bolt it down, as he was in a rental and that's probably a no-go. Dunno, maybe. But the theives were obviously determined and came somewhat prepared so a sawzall makes quick work of a safe bolted on a wood floor.

This does bring up an interesting observation. A LOT of Seattle Gun folks seem to have gotten hit back in the day. I had mentioned that I noticed a trend. Of course, this one is AR15.com but I wonder if there's some connection with internet ISPs...

Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think hes got a bad friend or family member. He mentioned getting hit a few years prior and having stuff stolen then too.

Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:33 pm

I am more likely to believe it is a family member or "friend" then a contractor. Someone had to know his schedule and his vehicles so they knew to look for a vehicle to be gone.

Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Neighbor, close friend, or the contractor
Someone was watching, waiting for a window
Girlfriend? Soon to be Ex wife?

BOLT IT DOWN! IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT

Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:46 pm

People put too much faith in four bolts. Get a safe and insure everything.

Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next