Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 BOLO - Kent starts enforcing $136 red light cam violations 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kgbsucka wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
In totally unrelated news, coincidentally the 6 intersections have had the time between lights cut by 80%.

From green.....yellow...... red....

To

Gree.yello.red....

That’s exactly what Lacey did, timed it down to the millisecond with info from their vendor, they know how to get the infractions!!!
It’s got nothing to do with safety, it’s a revenue generator!!!

back in 2009(?) they voted to remove the cameras. Lacey went to court and sued the people, and won.

They claimed that since it was a 'public safety issue', the people couldn't vote on it.

So the council passed an emergency resolution to keep the cameras up... and they've been up since...

utter bullshit.

Uh, the City of Lacey hasn't had red light cams for a while....like over 5 years, maybe more like 8.

maybe it finally made its way back to court and judge told them to knock it off and listen to the people? I haven't lived there in almost a decade...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:55 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Kgbsucka wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
In totally unrelated news, coincidentally the 6 intersections have had the time between lights cut by 80%.

From green.....yellow...... red....

To

Gree.yello.red....

That’s exactly what Lacey did, timed it down to the millisecond with info from their vendor, they know how to get the infractions!!!
It’s got nothing to do with safety, it’s a revenue generator!!!

back in 2009(?) they voted to remove the cameras. Lacey went to court and sued the people, and won.

They claimed that since it was a 'public safety issue', the people couldn't vote on it.

So the council passed an emergency resolution to keep the cameras up... and they've been up since...

utter bullshit.

Uh, the City of Lacey hasn't had red light cams for a while....like over 5 years, maybe more like 8.

maybe it finally made its way back to court and judge told them to knock it off and listen to the people? I haven't lived there in almost a decade...

People stopped running red lights so they got rid of the cameras. Pretty much the same story as any other city...eventually they cost the city more in rent & fees than they generate in tickets and they go bye bye...but it's been a long while.
I suspect they had to let the contract run out. I'm not sure on that part but I do know that hardly anyone was running lights there at the end.

Either that or you moved and took their #1 source of ticket revenue with you. LOL

Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:59 pm

Every dumbass that pays their ticket without fighting it deserves every corrupt thing done to them including these piece of garbage red light tickets. Fight fight the damn ticket. It's not that hard just do discovery and if they don't do discovery on time you get off the ticket . these are government types and they are often lazy and they don't deserve to be the job they do so take advantage of the screwed up system.

Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:10 am

I guess the message is clear. Stay the f*** out of Kent and go spend your money somewhere else that doesn't try to f****** oppress every person in the community

Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Greg369 wrote:
I guess the message is clear. Stay the f*** out of Kent and go spend your money somewhere else that doesn't try to f****** oppress every person in the community

yep go to Auburn, they removed their cameras a few years ago

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:31 pm
Profile WWW

Shut these bastards down NOW

Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There's a few red light cams in Des Moines, my locale and I specifically remember after my car got stolen, the pricks in my car tripped two of the cams, of course I get the damn tickets, which I fought of course since I wasn't in posession of my car at the time. It's the new standard of revenue whoreing and it's disgusting and serves no public safety. To sum it up, bunch of bullshit...

Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3