Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Boerner Firearms in Gorst got hit last night. 

https://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news/lo ... 622153002/

Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seems like those guys get robbed every other week

Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, are all these gun stores just leaving cases filled with guns?

There's been some 10 gun stores burgled in the last 10 years. At what point do they not start putting them away at night in a safe or vault?

Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:27 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

leadcounsel wrote:

There's been some 10 gun stores burgled in the last 10 years. At what point do they not start putting them away at night in a safe or vault?

Should every car dealership that has a car stolen off the lot have to build a secure warehouse that they move all of the cars into at night then retrieve and redisplay their entire inventory every morning? Doesn’t that seem cost prohibitive in terms of building the warehouse and the labor to move the entire inventory twice a day? What about cars getting scratched by constantly moving them in and out of the warehouse?

Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Doesn’t seem like it’d be that hard for mfgrs to offer non-firing ‘display’ models...

Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Too bad... I just wrote a Yelp review for them like last month...

Stopped in to check it out. My first time there. Folks were real nice! Even had free coffee in the back!

Hope they catch the three and any guns they stole. And, I guess we'll find out about their "records" keeping. BATFE is going thru those records (all of them).

Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Skagit Shooting Range has special display cases that have a metal covers that lock in place. About a year or 2 ago someone drove a stolen truck threw the front doors and then could not get to the guns in the case or on the wall because of the covers and left empty handed. I am sure it cost more but it keeps guns out of the hands of the wrong people and they might even get discount on Insurance.

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:48 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

lionhrt wrote:
The Skagit Shooting Range has special display cases that have a metal covers that lock in place. About a year or 2 ago someone drove a stolen truck threw the front doors and then could not get to the guns in the case or on the wall because of the covers and left empty handed. I am sure it cost more but it keeps guns out of the hands of the wrong people and they might even get discount on Insurance.

Now that’s a good idea! Turn the display cases into safes! Love it!

Wed May 01, 2019 8:54 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Acrylic display cases.
That's what Costco uses for their jewelry cases.
Can beat those with a sledge hammer, only thing you'll get is tired.
Same stuff banks use for their teller cages.

Wed May 01, 2019 9:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

Should every car dealership that has a car stolen off the lot have to build a secure warehouse that they move all of the cars into at night then retrieve and redisplay their entire inventory every morning? Doesn’t that seem cost prohibitive in terms of building the warehouse and the labor to move the entire inventory twice a day? What about cars getting scratched by constantly moving them in and out of the warehouse?

Yeah because locking up guns in a safe 20 feet away and starting hundreds of cars and driving them to a warehouse every night is the same thing. Talk about false analogies.

Wed May 01, 2019 9:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would have expected daisy chained cables through actions at the least.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wed May 01, 2019 11:15 am

Well they apparently got off with 98 guns.

Security was definitely lacking based on the edited video that was released. Showed two guys able to tear the security bars off the wall to allowing them just just walk right in the front door.

Wed May 01, 2019 5:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
Authorities were alerted to the break-in when the alarm went off at 1:44 a.m. Sheriff's deputies arrived at 1:49 a.m., assisted by a Bremerton Police Department K-9 team.

98 guns in 5min? Thats pretty impressive.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wed May 01, 2019 7:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, if you're a gun store you should take at least some precautions like cages, safes, vaults, or breakin resistant exterior and hardened interior display cases.

Now there's 98 more guns on the street, which is bad for everybody including gun ownership in general.

Wed May 01, 2019 8:12 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

spaghetti monster wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

Yeah because locking up guns in a safe 20 feet away and starting hundreds of cars and driving them to a warehouse every night is the same thing. Talk about false analogies.

And what would you compare it to? Moving an entire inventory to a vault every night without damaging the items then returning them in the morning would be a daunting task. Maybe possible for a small gun store but think about a place like DJ’s in Bothell. Hundreds and hundreds of guns to move, store, then move again the next morning. And try to imagine the kind of “safe 20 feet away,” as you called it, that would be required to carefully store an inventory of that magnitude.

It may not be the best comparison but I was attempting to illustrate how unrealistic an expectation that is. Maybe you can provide us with a better analogy?

Wed May 01, 2019 8:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next