Switch to full style
This forum is to promote member-owned businesses and publicize services that members offer. One thread per business or service please, and please only create a thread for YOUR business or service.
Post a reply

Re: Any electrician's on here ?

Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:19 am

Can you match the plug configuration to one of these NEMA types?

https://www.askmediy.com/220-volt-plugs ... gurations/

Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:38 am

I don't but I'll investigate to find it.

Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:41 am

You have 100 amps @ 220v on that sub panel.. PLENTY of power. Should be an easy job for an electrician to surface mount a NEMA style plug and run some THHN from it to the panel, with a breaker.

Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:18 am

PAPISJEEP wrote:I don't but I'll investigate to find it.

If you intend to do this yourself, you should go apply for your permit soon. For work statement on the permit app, put “Add new xx amp, 220V circuit to existing electrical panel. Run tbd gauge THHN wire inside rigid metallic conduit approximately xx feet, and terminate in NEMA xx-xx outlet.

Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:12 am

Thank you guys
Very helpful
Waiting on a callback from a guy who can hopefully take care of this for me

Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:47 pm

PAPISJEEP wrote:
Arisaka wrote:How many amps at the main breaker? Is should say on the breaker handle.

If that is indeed the sub-panel in the shop, that is a 100A “main breaker” in that panel. (Referring to the picture)
That is a square d home line panel. Most of the lifts that I see are 20A, 240v. Verify the nameplate on the lift, and size your circuit accordingly. You should be able to get square d home line breakers at Home Depot.
Post a reply