Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:28 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 75  Next
 What did you DIY today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That’s good work chuck!

Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
That’s good work chuck!

Thanks, but a pretty simple fix for the annoying gap. The MC9 will also accept 21-round SFX9 mags.

Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Nice, Chuck. What material did you use, and how is it attached?

A piece of scrap 2X1 sanded to shape and glued with E6000. FDE custom mixture by the wife.

Can we call you Woody now?

Not bad! I thought it was plastic.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My wife made this bird bath fountain with a bunch of stuff from Doller Tree for about $20.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 21, 2023 11:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
My wife made this bird bath fountain with a bunch of stuff from Doller Tree for about $20.

Is that a MILK bath? Or does your OK tap water have 'texture'?

You get one of those OK windstorms and it's gonna tip (ardy looks a little crookid, Jed)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun May 21, 2023 11:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

Is that a MILK bath? Or does your OK tap water have 'texture'?

You get one of those OK windstorms and it's gonna tip (ardy looks a little crookid, Jed)

No, the water got a little extra from the glue/stuff. It has rocks inside for weather/wind. Hey for less than $20 it's not bad. Doller Tree has some great hobby/decoration values. She's currently working on a Lighthouse.

Sun May 21, 2023 4:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR (Pre 5/31/23) pistol mount in bedroom.
Two pack less than $30 on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YYKXF8Q?ps ... ct_details

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri May 26, 2023 10:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Took a carburetor off the mower. Got out the can of spray cleaner I've had which just spewed fumes.

Put carburetor down.

Logged onto WaGuns...

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri May 26, 2023 1:36 pm

I finally got around to replacing the decking in my trailer this week with the used (fake first gen) trex boards I picked up on CL last fall. Satisfying to finally get it done and back to functional. All went easy until the last board --- had to rip it with a 1/4" taper.... something I've not got a lot of experience with - especially with the little 5 1/2" blade 18V Ryobi saw my buddy gave me.... I must say, that saw handled it all like a champ - it did exactly what it should have.... Problem is - I measured giving myself an 1/8' gap --- then gave myself another 1/8" when I set up the fence board --- I ended up with a 1/4" gap on an otherwise tight fitting deck :frust: I should have trusted the saw and the fence..... it would have been perfect if I had.
Pretty happy to have 4 screws left over from a 1# box too! Cut it close....

Attachment:
20230711_180341.jpg

Attachment:
20230711_180354.jpg

Attachment:
20230711_180410.jpg

Attachment:
20230713_151718.jpg

Attachment:
20230713_192330.jpg

Attachment:
20230714_184231.jpg

Attachment:
20230714_184257.jpg

Now I'm feeling like its time to finally replace the lights with LEDs..... even tho the lights are working at the moment so there is no 'real' need to.....

This trex is a real upgrade from the original marine plywood and the 2x4 'temporary' deck that I put in 10 years ago!!! Pretty sure that trex just added $500 to the value of the trailer!

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:55 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice work, JMB. That looks good. thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:42 pm

Thanx. I'm kinda kicking myself thinking I probably 'should' have put some fresh pressure treated 2x4s in there.... but there was only one that was a bit punky in the middle --- I figure that if they have lasted this long, they should be fine for another 10+ years. The good thing is that the deck isn't attached anywhere to the trailer - I've got 2x4s screwed into the underside that sandwich the frame between them - so that the entire deck can be lifted out at any time. Maybe in 5+ years I'll get around to replacing them 'properly'. The 2x4s don't actually carry any load per se --- only the flex of the planks between the frame rails.... so I'm okay with it for the next couple of years.

I was really stressing out on that one rip cut..... I never thought that the little circle saw would cut laser straight --- thats why I put an extra 1/8" in to account for any waviness - I fully anticipated having to go back with a second shaving cut to thin out any binding spots. Planned for a screw up but hit it perfectly.... dammit - I wouldn't have put money on it.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I did a little painting and panel beating on my Raptor. After a couple of years of searching, finally a decent bumper came up for sale locally. It was still a bit rough, but better than what was on my truck.

Here's what I started with.

After sanding, and hammering, a light skim of Bondo, primer, base coat, and clear coat. Here's the finished product. This is straight out of the gun, with no wet sanding or buffing.

Oh, and one more thing. It may look like black paint. But, this paint has a variety of colors, including unicorn farts. Sheesh...

Last edited by mmalleck on Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That’s some good work!!

Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
That’s some good work!!

Agreed! :thumbsup2:

Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Your hired!

Great job!

Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 75  Next