Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 OG Woods/Logging 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

shaggy wrote:
Does anyone have an still/smith that they can recommend in the north end? I was given an 041 that had a leaky gas tank, and i replaced that, but it still fires and then dies... and i never got around to chasing that

Also what are you guys doing for blade sharpening? my home handyman, electic craftsman blew(broke) all the teeth off the blade it was sent with, and i bought an oregon blade, but it is getting dull.

I'm just banging out firewood from old pallets or occasional logs

I dunno anyone on the north end, sorry!

As far as sharpening chains. Get on youtube and watch a few vids. There are TONS of good vids on dressing up chains.

Focus on round filing. Get files that are the proper diameter for your size of chain/teeth. AND use a file guide.

Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old manual for 4x4 truck conversions in the 50s.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would eat dinner off the Chevelle first, while wrenching it back on to the road one step at a time.

Details, motherfucker.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That dining table is awesome! The Chevelle? Basket case with the roof and pillar damage.Looks like it burned too.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Meh - hydraulic jack, patience, body work, parts catalogs, and cruising with burn outs in the near future.

You kids don't appreciate what sweat equity means for pride of ownership.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guy local to me has an old Poulan pro 655bp he’s debating on selling no bar just the powerhead and I’m definitely interested in it it looks like I can modify a d009 bar slightly and get it to fit just fine but know nothing about this saw other than it’s 100ccs

Albert Einstein

Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I dunno yet, I may have turned in my man card today.

I bought an E-Saw!!

Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
That dining table is awesome! The Chevelle? Basket case with the roof and pillar damage.Looks like it burned too.

Yep, its fucked! But its got a bunch of parts we need for the wifes Chevelle.

RENCORP wrote:
I would eat dinner off the Chevelle first, while wrenching it back on to the road one step at a time.

Details, motherfucker.

This one is just parts. It got so hot that the steel on the frame is scaling and the coilsprings actually melted/collapsed and fell out.

But I have another one we are building for the wife. Its EXTREMELY solid and a decent car. Its taken a couple years to track down the title/old legal owners name/location. He ended up being one of my wifes patients and she mentioned the car to him. He was super helpful and transferred the title with me and would not accept ANY $payment. I insisted, he refused. Great guy.

Even cooler, was that the new title showed up in the mail ON my wifes birthday!!

1972 Chevelle.
Cowl induction hood, functional and pins.
LS5 454ci Bigblock and Th400 trans.
12bolt 3.73 posi.
Black interior bucket seats.
She is still undecided on color.

Im putting a 1970 nose on the car, so it will have 4 round tail lights and 4 round headlights. Along with an elcamino bumper since the elcos had round marker lights instead of the chevelles rect markers.

Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RadioSquatch wrote:
Guy local to me has an old Poulan pro 655bp he’s debating on selling no bar just the powerhead and I’m definitely interested in it it looks like I can modify a d009 bar slightly and get it to fit just fine but know nothing about this saw other than it’s 100ccs

Old hundred cc saws are cool. Bolt the biggest old bar you can find on it and put in on a shelf with a 6pack of Rainiers next to it.

Then sit back and admire your Picasso. :wink05:

Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
usrifle wrote:

RENCORP wrote:

Details, motherfucker.

This one is just parts. It got so hot that the steel on the frame is scaling and the coilsprings actually melted/collapsed and fell out.

But I have another one we are building for the wife. Its EXTREMELY solid and a decent car. Its taken a couple years to track down the title/old legal owners name/location. He ended up being one of my wifes patients and she mentioned the car to him. He was super helpful and transferred the title with me and would not accept ANY $payment. I insisted, he refused. Great guy.

Even cooler, was that the new title showed up in the mail ON my wifes birthday!!

1972 Chevelle.
12bolt 3.73 posi.

Im putting a 1970 nose on the car, so it will have 4 round tail lights and 4 round headlights. Along with an elcamino bumper since the elcos had round marker lights instead of the chevelles rect markers.

Why would you bastardsize it?

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
usrifle wrote:

RENCORP wrote:

Details, motherfucker.

1972 Chevelle.
12bolt 3.73 posi.

Why would you bastardsize it?

Cuz a 72 nose does not match its tail. GM got the nose correct in 70 but put an ugly rear bumper/taillight combo on the car. 71/72 got the correct tailights but wrong headlights/nose.

Perfect combo.
Perfect nose. 1970
With
Perfect tail. 1971/72

VS
1972 nose

And ugly 1970 bumper

Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chevelle's became bloated pigs after '67... Give me a l79 (i own a elco clone) or z16 any day.

Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
I dunno yet, I may have turned in my man card today.

I bought an E-Saw!!

What did you get?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next