Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:36 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 67  Next
 Name That Tool 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Throw all that threaded shit away. Set two "plugs" up on their bases, one on each end of the kitchen table. Divide the blue thingies between you and the missus, and have a game of horseshoes. thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:38 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

MadPick wrote:
Throw all that threaded shit away. Set two "plugs" up on their bases, one on each end of the kitchen table. Divide the blue thingies between you and the missus, and have a game of horseshoes. thumbsup

:bow:
Good idea.

Speaking of which, Dread Princess scared the holy shit out of me the other day. I have a battery rack in the garage - 10 Type 65 AGM batteries (6 of which were bought here on WaGuns from a hell of a guy up north :wagwoot: ) and these batteries have some oomph. They are rated somewhere around 900 CCA, but test out to 1200-1360 CCA. That's smoking.

We are cleaning out all unused and rarely used stuff here, and she brought a fax/printer out to the garage for me to remove the stepper motors for a CNC project before taking the rest to recycle.

I was about 50 feet away when she carried it out, saw her set it down over by the first steel table ... Heard a :snap: and she walked back out.
*scratch scratch scratch* WTF was that noise? Must not have been anything or she would have said something or given some reaction.
I had my hands full so just kept on verking for a while. Next time I walked over there, the copier/fax was setting right on top of the battery bank with a small frozen pool of lead that had flowed down from the positive post of one of the batteries.

So I carefully lifted it off and called her out to the garage for a very important lesson in physics. I just learned the word "mansplaining" and I am pretty sure that that's how anyone else would have perceived that lesson in physics.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What you said:

"Honey! When you put something on a battery that bridges the posts it creates a circuit and can be very danger...."

What she was hearing/thinking:

"Honey! When you pu... blah blah blahbetty blah..." (I hate it when he talks down to me about this stuff... it's all so dirty and smelly... why is he wearing nasty old shirt? oh well... blue... I think I'll paint the ceiling blue! And lessee... what about dinner? we have some leftover beans maybe I can whip up some....)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
Bought these fittings for a specific project but I can't remember what for... They're similar to Sharkbite. Looks like the plastic tube is slid into the fitting, then the blue locking collar goes on to hold the inner "bite" part tight.
Spoiler: show

Bulkhead fitting. Can someone tell me what project these were for? hah, How about just the name of this fitting?
Kind of bugs me because the pack is missing a lock ring and it's a metric thread. Grr.

ETA: The real mystery to me is the plug that goes with each piece.

Those are push to connect tubing couplers. The horseshoes are locking rings. Plugs are, well, plugs for capping the line off.

https://www.aquafittings.com/quick-connect-fittings/bulkhead-quick-fitting/

ETA- Parker makes something similar: https://www.freshwatersystems.com/specifications/Parker-Catalog.pdf

Last edited by RocketScott on Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:01 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

jukk0u wrote:
What you said:
"Honey! When you put something on a battery that bridges the posts it creates a circuit and can be very danger...."

"Honey! When you pu... blah blah blahbetty blah..." (I hate it when he talks down to me about this stuff... it's all so dirty and smelly... why is he wearing nasty old shirt? oh well... blue... I think I'll paint the ceiling blue! And lessee... what about dinner? we have some leftover beans maybe I can whip up some....)

You haven't met her yet Jim? Come over for a visit. We're not the expert BBQer's like many of y'all up north though.

My guess "As soon as he teaches me or Balrog to operate the backhoe, he's toast."

Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:02 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

RocketScott wrote:
PMB wrote:
Bought these fittings for a specific project but I can't remember what for... They're similar to Sharkbite. Looks like the plastic tube is slid into the fitting, then the blue locking collar goes on to hold the inner "bite" part tight.

Bulkhead fitting. Can someone tell me what project these were for? hah, How about just the name of this fitting?
Kind of bugs me because the pack is missing a lock ring and it's a metric thread. Grr.

Those are push to connect tubing couplers. The horseshoes are locking rings. Plugs are, well, plugs for capping the line off.

https://www.aquafittings.com/quick-connect-fittings/bulkhead-quick-fitting/

ETA- Parker makes something similar: https://www.freshwatersystems.com/specifications/Parker-Catalog.pdf

:bow: Perfect. Thank you RocketScott.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:

John Guest fittings. The plug is a plug.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
What you said:

You haven't met her yet Jim? Come over for a visit. We're not the expert BBQer's like many of y'all up north though.

My guess "As soon as he teaches me or Balrog to operate the backhoe, he's toast."

Nope. It's not been my pleasure yet to make your or her acquaintance personally. I was just being flippant and meant no offense.

If I ever get my visa and can visit South America, I'd be honored to partake in some BBQ at Chez PMB!

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB, Technoweenie is correct.
https://www.johnguest.com/
Real big in the UK, not too popular here.
Yes, the plugs are just plugs. The blue clips are "locks". One you insert a tube into a fitting you then insert the lock under the collar to keep it from accidently being pushed and releasing the tube.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:01 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

jukk0u wrote:
PMB wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
What you said:

Nope. It's not been my pleasure yet to make your or her acquaintance personally. I was just being flippant and meant no offense.

:rofl9: That didn't even cross my mind.
I like to draw an image of her as a bit rougher than she might really be. Sometimes she giggles, sometimes she breaks out the cat-o-nine-tails.

jukk0u wrote:
If I ever get my visa and can visit South America, I'd be honored to partake in some BBQ at Chez PMB!

Welcome any time.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:55 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

twolane wrote:
Yes, the plugs are just plugs. The blue clips are "locks". One you insert a tube into a fitting you then insert the lock under the collar to keep it from accidently being pushed and releasing the tube.

I have JG fittings, but there is not a mark one on these so must be a knockoff.
The plugs threw me off the trail. I've never used a plug. I always extend the line and install a valve if I want to "cap" a line.

RocketScott's link reminded me why I had them... They are from a reverse osmosis project that I installed in Montana.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

twolane wrote:

They're used extensively in the beverage industry, mostly on water filtration systems...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They are also used in a lot of air systems, like on class 8 vehicles. They have to be DOT approved though.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:00 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

RocketScott wrote:
They are also used in a lot of air systems, like on class 8 vehicles. They have to be DOT approved though.

They call those Jayapals.

They barely work, Ugly as F

Always leaking air, mostly hot air.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

John Guest fitting, my foot. Haven't you ever broke the crappy little drain plug/cap off a Coleman or Igloo cooler and wanted to replace it with a better corker? :bigsmile:

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 1001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 67  Next