Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:37 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 The QUICK ADVICE Thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Garden hose down the vent from on top of the roof. It will back up if it's clogged.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Auger to clear (again, from the roof)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey fooker! That drain vent you're looking at has a "crook" in it? Are you sure that isn't the vent for your high efficiency furnace? You do NOT want to stuff the garden hose down THAT pipe!

EDIT: Since the PLUMBING drain vents funnel water down to the sewer there usually is no reason to put a crook or hood on them as rainfall will safely just drain into the sewer.

FJB

Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:32 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hmmm. No word from Mike in almost four hours. This doesn’t bode well.

I fear you’ve killed him, Jim.

Your check is in the mail.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:popcorn: hope he checks in soon.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pull the traps.
Redoing my kitchen, both sinks have drained slow for years regardless of running the snake thru the clean out and gallons of drain cleaner over the years, found one abs trap had rough edges that had a build up of nasty and the other had a skewer in it that collected nasty too.
New sink and countertop installed, traps cleared and I can dispose of a body with the meat grinder attachment with ease now.

Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With the old Plumbing I had in my bathtub it ran super slow and then when I tried to pull the pipe out I found it it was lead and half full of...,...... stuff.
so I replaced the entire pipe from the bathtub clear to the Sewer tree thing and now it's good as new.

Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:33 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

jukk0u wrote:

EDIT: Since the PLUMBING drain vents funnel water down to the sewer there usually is no reason to put a crook or hood on them as rainfall will safely just drain into the sewer.

Funny, I'd never considered that. Learn something new every day.

Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
Slow draining kitchen sink.
I have poured 10 gallons of boiling water down, a gallon of boiling vinegar, another gallon of vinegar chasing a cup of table salt, more boiling water in 5 and 10 gallon increments, snaked it about 15' down...
The list above is approximately the order of my attempts to fix.
Still slow.

Any good home remedies for slow draining kitchen sink? Unless one of you fine folks gives me some better ideas my next planned fix is to start disassembling the wall and floor so I can get a straight(er) shot at running a 2" auger down that hell hole.

Could be a bit dusty? Is it well insulated?

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
PMB wrote:
Slow draining kitchen sink.
I have poured 10 gallons of boiling water down, a gallon of boiling vinegar, another gallon of vinegar chasing a cup of table salt, more boiling water in 5 and 10 gallon increments, snaked it about 15' down...
The list above is approximately the order of my attempts to fix.
Still slow.

Any good home remedies for slow draining kitchen sink? Unless one of you fine folks gives me some better ideas my next planned fix is to start disassembling the wall and floor so I can get a straight(er) shot at running a 2" auger down that hell hole.

Could be a bit dusty? Is it well insulated?

:rofl9: :rofl9: :rofl9: cough cough :rofl9: :rofl9: :rofl9:

Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Hey fooker! That drain vent you're looking at has a "crook" in it? Are you sure that isn't the vent for your high efficiency furnace? You do NOT want to stuff the garden hose down THAT pipe!

A hood would keep out any pine needles or other stuff if the trees are thick overhead.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

A hood would keep out any pine needles or other stuff if the trees are thick overhead.

Sure... ok, but it's not a plumbing requirement of which I'm aware; and what plumber thinks about that kind of stuff or wants to burn fitting$$ doing it... and maybe it would keep out pine needles, but just as maybe I bet a down facing orifice would be pretty attractive to skwirls and BEES! I bet a big ole wad of hornitz nest would slow a vent.

C'mon PMB, your fans are waiting!
TW did bring up a good point: were you the victim of insulation stuffing irate contractor syndrome?

FJB

Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:38 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Hah, this is a different building. The cameras are thick around here - no way that that fellow could have gotten close without some Klingon cloaking devices. Not sure that cloaking devices would protect them from the Ovcharka and Rottweiler/GSD.

I took off the trap and pushed air through both directions - seemed to flow air easily, so I am satisfied that the vent is open. I am confident that there is a blockage in the drain between the kitchen sink and the main line to the septic.
Confident and satisfied don't mean "certain."

It looks like the new house project is going to be back on track starting later this week. Whew.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:04 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:11 am

MadPick wrote:

Just remember..... that stuff sure isn't any good for your septic system......

If you have a garbage disposal, I've had good luck with the 'disposal cleaners' and have found some that are septic safe/friendly.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next