Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Water heater maintenance..... 

Just thinking that my water heater is 4 years into its 6 year warranty.... thinking it may be time to give it a flush..... How many of you flush your water heater regularly?

Also --- saw this vid pop up today.... I like this guy....

Being that the last water heater made it 22 years - also being a 6 year water heater - without ANY maintenance, I'm thinking I should try to do something earlier on in its life.... I'm thinking I should probably replace the rod at ~6-7 year mark. I've heard that that is the only difference between the 6-9-12 year warranties on the heaters --- the life of the anode rods. In theory --- if you keep up on the anode rod, the heater 'could' last forever.... as far as failure from leaking.

I went out and checked my water heater.... yeah - nogo on a solid rod from the top, so a segmented rod will have to do. Also saw that the fitting for the rod is sub-flush to the top - so getting one with a socket would be cool since I don't have a 1 1/16" socket. Seems cheap enough and 'supposedly' easy enough...

https://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Eau-Sme ... 3D&sr=8-15

The only question would be what would be the better rod - Al/zinc or magnesium for our water around here?

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I do sometimes twice a yr. usually about 3 gal. since "junk" is at the bottom. attach a hose and the other end I will put a white shirt down to see what comes out. will come out a rusty color for maybe 3-4 cups then clear. you can see some small Particles don't worry about the black smudge

Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]