Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:16 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Fixing my stupid truck 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a 99 F150 with the 2v 5.4, had a miss with a click similar to yours that was cured with a set of rebuilt injectors (waaaay less $ than new). Got better mpg and performance out of it too after that.
Careful where you get the rebuilt injectors from though, first set a local shop ordered me were Chinese POS's that ran wide open at all times.
I've got the info of a shop that sells genuine good ones if you go that route.

Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Normanator wrote:
I have a 99 F150 with the 2v 5.4, had a miss with a click similar to yours that was cured with a set of rebuilt injectors (waaaay less $ than new). Got better mpg and performance out of it too after that.
Careful where you get the rebuilt injectors from though, first set a local shop ordered me were Chinese POS's that ran wide open at all times.
I've got the info of a shop that sells genuine good ones if you go that route.

That was one thought, but none of the injectors are giving any result on my stethoscope. They click, but they all click the same. The noise is at it's loudest (on the stethoscope) on the block, on the passenger side, right on the other side of where the phaser and timing chain is.

Free Boer wrote:
Main cause of cam phaser sticking is lack of using the proper oil type and viscosity, along with lack of frequent enough oil changes. There's a product I've used with quite a bit of success, as long as it's used correctly. It's made by BG and sold by the Wagonmaster group. It's called EPR, or Engine Performance Restoration. Works better than Seafoam, Rislone or ATF. If you can't find the kit on Amazon or in a local shop, PM me and I'll call my distributor for you.

I had a high mileage Ford in with like symptoms, would also die at stops or run quite rough till it was shut off for a few minutes then re-started. The EPR treatment cured it, and it has run fine since.

This stuff?

LINK

Worth a shot. Add a can to the oil in the truck, run it until warm, then 1200 RMP's for 10 minutes, then change oil and filter. That's the instructions I'm finding. That correct?

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2