Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:20 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next
 TCB's Pool Install 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Curious why you didn't match the roofing to the house? Cost? Ease of installation?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Curious why you didn't match the roofing to the house? Cost? Ease of installation?

all of the above, we wanted fast and cheap and once everything is done, you will only see a little bit of it from the street,

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:32 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We got the siding up on both sides and the battens on one side

yesterday we installed the can lights for the front, along with an outlet (for holiday lighting) and then installed the soffits, the little white discs are vents

we hope to get the siding on the front and back today so we can start tile and paint

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:36 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great progress Casey! It's going to truly be a backyard Oasis! :thumbsup2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:thumbsup2:

when it's completed hope you get some down time and enjoy it before another project.

Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

got more work done today, siding on the front and back + some more wiring on the inside

The gray section is concrete backer board for the tile shower wall

Here are the colors we are painting the exterior

Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:03 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

not pool related, but still might be found interesting

The local nursery was having a sale on Mexican Fan Palms (Washingtonia Robusta), they are naturalized here and are found growing everywhere, even without much water

anyway I bought four of them and planted them in the front yard.

Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:14 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got some of the electrical done this week, I installed some conduit and outlets on the west side of the pool house

Then I installed and wired the can lights on the inside

Today we plan on getting the insulation and drywall onto the ceiling. We have to do it now, so we are ready when the garage door arrives, after that we will finish the siding

Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:01 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We got the insulation installed

and the drywall installed

then we began framing the interior wall

Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

this weekend we got the ceiling ready for paint

We also finished the siding/trim on the front side

Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:37 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Your caulk's a little short. :wink05:

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Your caulk's a little short. :wink05:

my wife is the caulk handler :ROFLMAO:

Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:04 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Big update, I should preface this with some info, my buddy, the retired contractor had his #1 guy, come down for the summer (probably rest of the year) to work with us, so progress is going to move much faster, inversely proportionate to my bank account.....

Anyway we got a lot done this weekend.

Thursday we built the forms for the next two concrete pads, one for shade, one for sun

Friday we had concrete delivered

The rebar is for the sonotubes that will form the columns to hold up the shade roof

Saturday we relocated one of the mature palm trees on the property, just moved it about 25 feet, still took us several hours

before and after comparison

Sunday I finished up the wiring in the pool house, then cleaned up the work area and we relocated the hot tub

then I spent the afternoon working on the inside of the pool house, I got the can lights installed, the equipment room insulated and wall sheathing up (just bare OSB) and installed the door. I then installed some LED tube lighting in the equipment room.

Then I started on the outside wall (side that faces the pool) as I need to have it ready for the garage door which will be installed soon. We are using pallet wood along with some store bought wood that is stained or painted.

this week we begin digging and building the forms for the wall footing around the east and north sides of the pool enclosure. Then we will fill the wall with concrete and the columns for the shade structure

Last edited by TINCANBANDIT on Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very cool!

That’s coming along nicely! :thumbsup2:

Fun to watch the progress! :cheers2:

Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

another big update

We got some more work done on another one of the walls. It is difficult finding the right size wood to match up, like playing tetris

Saturday morning, I got up early and pulled wire for walkway lights, 12V LED, use almost no power (3 watts I think). Anyway, I used direct burial wire, but put it in PVC anyway. I put the plastic along the wall because I may plant bamboo here and I don't want it trying to grow into the wall or under the footing/pad

Sunday we started digging the trench for the footing for the wall

the John Deere underground pipe locater did a good job of finding more irrigation pipe.....I guess I am keeping the plumbing industry alive

We also moved everything into the pool house to get the layout of the cabinets figured out

I also purchased my stereo system for the pool house, I was looking for something sub $200 that had bluetooth and MP3 capability, this will do everything you can think of except receive satellite radio (but I can stream that from my phone or laptop)

Mon May 02, 2022 8:58 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next